How to join Team CFC for Kiffe's Inter Site Democracy Game

Onan

Dad
I've been trying to organise Team CFC for this game. There has been a lot of confusion over the past few days, due to my starting a thread, then a social group for a place to post privately, before admins could give us a forum for the overall game and a private forum for Team CFC...and then those forums were created. Now, let's use them!

This is meant to be a foolproof guide to how to get involved. Team discussions are in a private sub forum, which is why you will need to follow these steps to gain access. Follow the green circles!

1) From anywhere on the civfanatics forums: Click 'My Account'
(This image also shows the general ISDG forum location, just above the green circle.)

2) Then click 'Group Memberships'

3) On the next page (yours will look different, I am already a member), find the team name in the list, then select the 'Join Group' radio button to the right of it, then hit the big 'Join Group' button down at the bottom of the list (you will need to scroll down).

Once you have done all those things, I will be able to approve your group membership request the next time I'm on the forums. Membership requests will be approved for all long time CFC members, unless you're clearly also a member of one of the other teams we'll be competing against (French, German, Polish). ...and if you are on one of those teams, I'm sure you wouldn't request to join our private team forum! :cooool:

I sure hope this works, or it's :suicide: time. :joke:

Sure. It's not the kind of thread that will get a lot of responses, even if people are finding it useful. Thanks. :)

Joined the group, but where is the post? I don't know how to access any post under that group, still using the 'social group'?

Edit: found it.

Not using the social group, that was just a temporary place till we got the private team forum.

Looks like you found it?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=475

That's the main team forum, should work for anyone who's already a member. Note the forum directory path when you're there. Tricky to find cause it's in a different place from most of our usual discussion under MP.

Thanks.:) I subscribed daily notification there. Otherwise it has a few more clicks to get in.

I can join if you want, but not as player. I like to discuss strategy. Expect Sun Tzu quotes.

Done, sounds like fun. Welcome aboard. Most players are just there to discuss, as well.

Team CFC was perhaps over cautious and did not grant team membership to at least one person who requested to join (brand new user, no posts, game 'spying' has happened before).

If you were this unfortunate person, please request to join again.

It is suggested anyone wishing to join give us a little of your civ background and why you want to join by posting here in this thread. I'll also start an Introduce Yourself thread in the team forum to post a bit more in once you're in.

Long time Civ player ( I, II, SMAC, III, IV).
Played V but gave up.
But I was told last upgrade made game good. So, I want to remember again the game, but no written manual at least that I know of.
May be as a lurker I can gain interest in the game.
BTW, GeoModder and Donald know me.

Hi, I would like to join team CFC.

I played Civ III (brief), IV , colonization , revolution , world , and V G&K.
I already join membership in account, hope you guys accept me.

thank you

You will need some patience until our private forum admin notices. He's not around too often due to family reasons.

Glad to see someone else added him. This is not even on my radar anymore.

Stupid Question but what is a "democracy game" exactly. Sorry if I sound newbish.

A bunch of players all running one civ in a game, vs other groups of players controlling the other civs. May the best team win.

Top Bottom