Why is the AI suddenly so stingy with its GPT?

tomtom5858

Prince
In the expansion, while the AI will give you full value for YOUR GPT, they value their own at 42:c5gold: per 1GPT. In G&K you can trade a luxury for 7GPT. In BNW, they only give you 6GPT per. If the AI can't trade their gold early on, why are we being gouged for their GPT, at a rate of 25%? I had hoped that they would value it 30-1 with gold, not a worse rate than before :mad:

You can sell luxuries for 7GPT, it depends on the Solar Winds and the lunar conjunction or something.

And it's only natural for them to charge interest. Greed may be a sin but it's a damn profitable one, unlike the former AI favorite, wrath.

You can sell luxuries for 7GPT, it depends on the Solar Winds and the lunar conjunction or something.

And it's only natural for them to charge interest. Greed may be a sin but it's a damn profitable one, unlike the former AI favorite, wrath.

The exact opposite of this.

They're not charging interest. They're actually charging negative interest. This is like Japanese banking in the 90s. Instead of inflation (which this game has rampantly), the AI acts as if there will be deflation.

It's awful. It needs to be fixed.

Heck, the AI SHOULD charge you some interest. Maybe not as high as they used to, but this is actually completely backwards. Someone at Fraxis has a really poor understanding of game balance and economics.

Oops, I read that wrong. At least I got to make a good quip about mortal sins!

In my experience, it seems to depend on the relationship with the civ in question.

The less the AI like you, the greedier they get in their dealings with you.

AI has never been great about GPT.

That said, I agree with some of the other posters on this: it should be at least a little stingy. Especially in that early-on part you mentioned, as +5 GPT is the difference between disbanding units/negative science or breaking even when you have no other means of earning gold.

Top Bottom