Steam Summer Sale: Civ5 up for flash discount vote

Lord Shadow

General
As you may or may not know, one mechanic of the current Steam Summer Sale involves the userbase voting every eight hours to pick one game out of three for a better discount, which lasts until the next Community's Choice vote.

Civilization V is one of the three choices right now, and if it gets selected it may grant the Brave New World expansion a 33% discount, like the one it received a few days ago, 7 hours from now, for the next 8 hours after that. So since a bunch of people missed it, let's all vote this time around to give those players another chance! :goodjob:

As it stands, Civ5 has a high chance of winning, given it's competing against SimCity 4 and Age of Empires II HD, likely much less popular games (especially the latter).

Funny story.

My sister told me it was on a summer sale so I went and bought it. Paying $29.99 seemed like a good deal to me, especially with some of the steam credit I had left.

Looked today and realized my $29.99 was the regular price. =( Not quite the deal I expected. ... at least the game is awesome.

Obviously I have the game but I voted. Want everybody to experience the awesomeness of Civ!!

Same. I already have all the DLC and expansions they have to offer. But I still voted for it!

Civilization V is one of the three choices right now, and if it gets selected it may grant the Brave New World expansion a 33% discount, like the one it received a few days ago
That was unintended, so there's no way that's happening again.

Considering they literally gave out free copies of IV to people who preordred because of the mistake, I don't think they'd flip-flop and once again put it on sale (albeit intentionally this time?)

I'm just hoping we see the Gold upgrade for $5 again.

I've already got G&K, but I'd pay $5 for the Gold DLC (especially Korea and the other civs)

It's too early for that kind of sale, I spent $28 on mine and I would be pissed if they put it up there for 20. A free copy of civ 4 won't make me feel better, maybe if it was bts, but it's just vanilla. That doesn't make ma feel better

A free copy of civ 4 is doing nothing, it's just going to stay in my inventory forever. Like I said, if it was bts, maybe

So, in a few hours when Civ V wins, it will be on sale for how much? I'm on Mac so I will have to rebuy it because of PC gamers and friends.

Also, I voted. VOTE MOTHERFATHERS!

So, in a few hours when Civ V wins, it will be on sale for how much? I'm on Mac so I will have to rebuy it because of PC gamers and friends.

No you don't. Civ V is SteamPlay. One purchase gets you both the Mac and PC versions.

Nonono, I have the Mac AppStore version that can only play PC users via LAN. It's pretty cheap + sales so I will just get the Steam version because everyone has it. So in a few hours how much off will it be?

It won! Civ V will be 75% off in the next flash sale starting in half an hour

Woot! Gold edition is 75% off! I'll get it for $12.49 and tell all my friends ASAP. Raise awareness!

Yeah but the "gift" we received for paying a higher preorder price....Civ IV is now also 75% off, the bad thing is, I want the expansions, and it is cheaper to buy the full bundle $7.49 which includes the game and the expansions....lol if I were to buy the expansions all separately it would be $4.99, $2.49, and $1.24

Top Bottom