Worth buying at this point?

Math2

Chieftain
I wasn't really sure if I wanted to buy the new expansion yet, and I was wondering if it was really buggy as yet, or if there were any major issues that are in the game right now. Thanks

Just play the demo and decide for yourself.

Definitely worth it, even though it needs a balance patch.

It's not buggy at all (at least for me), the new mechanics are fun and the whole game is just overall different. I highly recommend it, but be aware that the gameplay IS different. May want to read the Things You Wish You'd Known thread.

I'm not entirely convince BNW is ready for prime time, and I was much more impressed and infatuated with Gods and Kings. It seems like the AI is slightly off kilter and the new sides seem heavily unbalanced. Tourism is just kind of "out there", feeling really detatched from any of the other mechanics, and the game seems to drag at points. However, with all this said I must admit what this expansiom gets right, it gets right hard. The new side selection all seem perfectly worthy of inclusion, the new trade mechanisms, while agravating at times, add much to diplomacy and the friendhip/ denounce system, and the happiness rebalance is both very noticable and VERY appreciated. I'm still happy with my purchase, but I will be happier a few patches down the road.

I like it, I played every night, late into the night when it came out, last night was the first I didn't play late, because I finally went to the gym agin.

Got a couple games down now, and I don't think I could ever go back. I love the new cultural victory, the new trading system, great works/archaeology, Venice, the new World Congress, ideologies; basically everything new is fun. I haven't had too much time with the other new civs (I started with England to test BNW stuff without direct buffs), so I can't speak to those, but it's definitely worth it in my eyes.

Take into account I loved to play peaceful games in G&K and am somewhat terrible so I only play King.

Well, there's some bug that can cause broken antiquity sites if you use a custom map (all the properties are "FLIBBY 4" and there's nothing you can do with it), and there's a CTD if you're playing as America and dig up an antiquity site that's not in anyone's borders. That's all I can recall in the way of game-stoppers that affect everyone.

Definitely worth it. Is it perfect? No, but it's still a lot of fun, and it feels more polished than Gods & Kings was. Will be even better if Firaxis does a good job of fixing some of the balancing issues.

I see more graphical glitches, but nothing game crashing. I find the Trade System to be hard work, but it feels good when you get it right. And the whole Culture system, e.g. Great Works, Artifacts, Theming Bonuses, and Tourism, is strangely compelling in an OCD kind of way. I think Culture Victories are my new default victory type.

it's a good expansion, very well made but needs a few tweaks. Get it if you play civ at least once a week, but no real rush to upgrade either.

Buy it now or wait for the first sale, but it'll only be a 10-15 dollar difference either way, man.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted to buy the new expansion yet, and I was wondering if it was really buggy as yet, or if there were any major issues that are in the game right now. Thanks

No. Do not buy it. They added a few new things onto a broken system, they took none of the suggested changes for game-play from users and the AI is just as busted if not more so than before. Wait till it's on sale for 5 bucks.

Top Bottom