Download, installation instructions & troubleshooting

The "Start Game" button just doesn't work! I click there when I want to start the game and it doesn't go, weird.

(using vanilla game, v.34)

post your lua log please (see first post in bug reports)

Spoiler :
[14870.046] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[15097.371] Credits: Header type not found.
[15097.573] MainMenu: 2013051904
[15097.573] MainMenu: 2011050368
[15097.573] MainMenu: 2011053184
[15097.573] MainMenu: 2011050368
[15097.573] MainMenu: 2011053184
[15379.280] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[15379.420] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[15379.701] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[15389.295] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[15392.259] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[15392.696] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[15877.298] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: -------------------------------------
[15877.298] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: R.E.D WW2 - Europe 1940 setup screen
[15877.298] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: game version : 1.0.1.275 (223483)
[15877.298] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: -------------------------------------
[15877.298] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: Enabled mods :
[15877.313] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: - R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v.4)
[15877.313] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: - R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.37)
[15877.313] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: -------------------------------------
[15879.076] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid M..."]:482: attempt to call field 'SetGameType' (a nil value)
[15879.076] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup.lua.
[15883.772] \Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII\GameSetup\RedEuro1940Setup: player index = 4
[15888.623] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid M..."]:482: attempt to call field 'SetGameType' (a nil value)
[15889.669] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid M..."]:102: attempt to call field 'SetGameType' (a nil value)
[15890.371] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid M..."]:102: attempt to call field 'SetGameType' (a nil value)
[15890.776] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Francesco\Documents\My Games\Sid M..."]:102: attempt to call field 'SetGameType' (a nil value)

Your version of civilization is not updated, it won't work.

Direct Download Installation

Here's the mod link in CFC database.

1- update your version of Civilization to at least patch 1.0.2.21

2- delete all previous version of the core mod from the mod folder. Unless updated, the data mod don't need to be deleted/reinstalled.

3- Make sure you have the latest version of the R.E.D. WWII Data Files (current is v.4, size ~99 MB) from mediafire.

4- download the R.E.D. WWII Edition (v.37) core mod file.

5- copy the two .civ5mod files in your MODS folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS).

6- If you have G+K you can go directly to step 7. Else download the R.E.D. Combat DLL and extract CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll (using 7zip or another archive manager) in civ5 installation directory (C:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v or wherever you've installed civ5), replacing the original file (remember to make a backup first, but in case of trouble just verify the game files integrity on steam).

7- launch game, go to the Mods section, extraction should start automatically after a few seconds (if not, you can use 7zip to extract the mods manually).

8- Activate both part of the mod.

9- From the Mods menu, click Next. Wait for the mod initialization, all other mods will be deactivated. (except those in the authorized list)

10- Click Select Scenario.

Mac users, please refer to point 4 of the FAQ for Civ5 players with Mac computers for mods installation. The last compatible version for you is R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 31) beta4, as the DLL can't be used on Mac.
Hey, I am using these instructions, and everything downloads well, but when I attempt to enable the mods, I click Next, and the game takes 30 seconds, and freezes.
could anyone offer some help to this?

which version of civilization are you using ?

I've used 7-Zip to extract not only GameCore Final Release, but every other DLL file, since only extracting GameCore Final Release didn't work, but the game still says that the DLL isn't active when I enable the mods. I've tried cutting and pasting all archived file folders to different folders within my computer and then cutting and pasting them back to the Civilization V folder, yet it still wouldn't work. I have a screenshot for reference. What exactly am I doing wrong?

which version of civ5 are you using ?

you just need to install manually ONE file: CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll

which version of civ5 are you using ?

you just need to install manually ONE file: CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll

6.1.7601, vanilla, no add-ons. I extracted CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release from DLL, and now I'm left with a folder with the same name as the DLL file containing an:

1. .rsrc folder
- MANIFEST folder
- 2 file
- VERSION folder
- 1 file
2. .data file
3. .rdata file
4. .reloc file
5. .text file

What needs to be installed and how do I go about installing it?

You need to extract CvGameCoreDLLFinal Release.dll from the .7z file and replace the DLL file with the same name that is in the game folder. Nothing more, You don't extract what is in the DLL file itself. I didn't even know this was possible BTW, but I will update the installation instruction now :D.

Hi Gedemon!

I'm glad you stil developing this mod :goodjob:

Problem: I followed instructions for installing (I was surprised by the RED DLL!) unfortunately I tried everything advised to get it up and running but after the replacement of the DLL I can't enter the game at all.

I'm not sure if I fulfill all the requirements to play the mod any longer. Help?

Moderator Action: moved 2 posts related to in game crashes to the hotseat crash thread in the bug reports section

Good Afternoon.
I've a problem to start a game with your fantastic mod.

I've CIV5 God and Kings with all dlc included in Gold Edition.
The game is updated to 1.0.3.18 version.

I've already installed the following mods:

-RED WII data files
-RED XTREME for WWII edition
-Faster aircraft animation

My problem is this:

if I try to install the RED WWII edition (ver. 37) , when i push "next", the game after 20 seconds freeze, the screen became black and came back to windows.

if I try to install the RED WWII edition (ver. 37 b) (from here or from steam), It is impossible to install:

I see the download of the mod in the game, but after same second it desapear and in the list remain only the others three mods... if i go ahead pushing "next", the game not go in crash, but remain the same without mods.

I already try to delete del cache... but the results are the same.

Can You help me?

thank you very much and sorry my not fully correct english (i'm italian).

Archived files

Below you'll found links to previous versions of the mod, in case you've updated just to find out the new version is not save compatible, or if you encounter a game-breaking bug in it...

R.E.D. WWII Edition v.37.b <- update for patch 1.0.3.18 and BNW
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.37
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.36
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.35
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.34
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.33
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.32
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.31
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.31 beta 4 <- last version Mac compatible (ie: not using the DLL)
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.30
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.27 ,v.28, v.29
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.27<- last version with combat events still working without the DLL if you have a Civ5 version dating from before patch .674
R.E.D. WWII Edition v.22, v.23, v.24, v.25, v.26

delete the old version, and use 7zip to extract the .civ5mod file in the mods folder (and remove that file from the folder if it was downloaded there) before launching the game

delete the old version, and use 7zip to extract the .civ5mod file in the mods folder (and remove that file from the folder if it was downloaded there) before launching the game

*_______*

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
GRAZIE!!!!!
GRACIAS!!!!!!!

I follow your instructions and now the mod start without problems!!!!!
Thank you for your help!!

Arrivederci!! ;)
:D

I have tried and tried. And I can't get the new R.E.D. WWII Edition file to show up on civ5 even though the data one shows up and downloads. I have tried doing it manually but it wouldnt show up either. My only idea left is to delete all local content and install the game again which would be very time consuming. Gedemon I love your mod and I really want to start playing it again. Please help me out!

Installing again won't fix the problem.

the post above your's has not helped ?

Top Bottom