World Congress - Leader is Eliminated

Chromate

Chieftain
I am currently playing a game with a friend and 8 other computer players. I ended up discovering all the civs first and thus got to lead the world congress.

Everything was going well till the first vote for the new world congress leader appears. As the vote was going on I was planning to vote for myself but for some reason didn't look at the drop down menu and selected the first name as I thought your civ would be first.

Low and behold I find out next turn that I voted for someone else and got them elected as the leader.

The funny thing is the person that I elected is the weakest civ left with only 1 city.

My question is what happens if I or someone else kills the leader that is head of the world congress? Does another vote come up or does the civ that destroyed them take the control?

I'm trying to figure out if I should send my army across the map to eliminate them but not sure what the consequences are if I do.

Thank you for the information and best of luck to you all.

I had this happen and I can't remember exactly what happened. I believe another vote came up for leader but the proposals that the previous leader had put down stayed.

It was amusing to vote on a policy of a now dead civ.

In my game as Russia, I eliminated the Inca (who were the host) and became the host myself. My assumption is that if you eliminate the host, well, then you take their place until the next vote for hosting.

Thanks for the information. I think I may go ahead and try to kill them off as I'm not sure how long it will be before the next vote.

Also another question when the CS's start to give you delegates do you need to be allied or do they give it to the person with the most influence to them?

Top Bottom