Bug Report

I don't think it will work, it says windows cannot open the file. Can I change the format and just watch it outside of civ?

"Your movies are not installed correctly"
"Windows has incountered a problem with the application"

:( I'm just gonna delete it, I'll keep you informed

Maybe 2.13 patch causes bigger problems

To watch movies outside civ4 you need to install .bik player

Go to
/Warlords/Mods/WW2 1939/Assets/Python/
and delete this files:
CvDawnOfMan.py
CvEventManager.py
CvIntroMovieScreen.py

Make sure you still have file ....../Warlords/Mods/WW2 1939/Assets/Art/Movies/Intros/intro1939.bik
named intro1939.bik

Hmm th best idea would be to wait around month for new update :(

Yeah hes right when i had 2.13 i could not even get the movie to work but i reinstalled warlords gave it the 2.08 patch and it worked so maybe 2.13 is causing problems and by the way asioasioasio being an experienced fanatic like my self u probably have already gotten Beyond the sword and for most of the movies that I have seen an error comes up and BTS shuts down i had to turn them all off its frustrating:mad: ... but any insight would be great and by the way next update on WWII u should pimp that . .. .. .. . out with some of the crazy weapons the third riench mad like the fire balls in the sky to distract pilots or the bat bomb America made or the train pigeons thought to guide bombs to ships the flying saucer the Germans made but supposedly wink wink the Americans found no info on how to make just on what it look like and how fast it when ...cough...cough.... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .! I mean think about it the Americans find this machine its a giant step in technology but why didn't anyone find out why didn't they release this information because think what was the immediate affect after WWII was over the Cold war,and the last thing America would want to give up would be their new advantage against the russians so the make a top secret base in the middle of the dessert and tell no one but one thing we know in the age of communication is no secret is safe and that is why we know the underground base called area 51 :D wow i got in to that but yeah any info on the erroe subjects would be sweet and if u want more info about this . .. .. .. . contact me!

Yeah hes right when i had 2.13 i could not even get the movie to work but i reinstalled warlords gave it the 2.08 patch and it worked so maybe 2.13 is causing problems and by the way asioasioasio being an experienced fanatic like my self u probably have already gotten Beyond the sword

I've got patch 2.13 installed but i still don't have BTS - [pissed] The polish distributor ..... this up. Probably they'll release BTS in september :cry: . I think i'll buy it in online shop in england - can't wait more for it :(

and for most of the movies that I have seen an error comes up and BTS shuts down i had to turn them all off its frustrating:mad: ...

OK - i have now mod in great dispersion - i can't run it well to test new graphics and bug fixes. The great moders in team are checking SDK now so hopefully the problem would be fixed soon and i would check what's wrong with movies.

but any insight would be great and by the way next update on WWII u should pimp that . .. .. .. . out with some of the crazy weapons the third riench mad like the fire balls in the sky to distract pilots or the bat bomb America made or the train pigeons thought to guide bombs to ships the flying saucer the Germans made but supposedly wink wink the Americans found no info on how to make just on what it look like and how fast it when ...cough...cough.... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .! I mean think about it the Americans find this machine its a giant step in technology but why didn't anyone find out why didn't they release this information because think what was the immediate affect after WWII was over the Cold war,and the last thing America would want to give up would be their new advantage against the russians so the make a top secret base in the middle of the dessert and tell no one but one thing we know in the age of communication is no secret is safe and that is why we know the underground base called area 51 :D wow i got in to that but yeah any info on the erroe subjects would be sweet and if u want more info about this . .. .. .. . contact me!

I like your ideas :)
I plann making Wonder Units - it needs unfortunatelly to have changes in SDK. Yuo would be able to build only one such a unit (something like some units in FfH) - Ratte would be one of them :).

About Area 51 - good idea for late tech tree world wonder :) I also believe that US was testing prototypes of german weapons and developing own program of rocketry, jet propeeled aircraft and probably "anty-grav" units

Blaza I have same problem. I had to turn all movies off for BtS, but all of them worked fine for vanilla and warlords. Kinda strange... even funny, it says works best on Nvidia, 6,7, or 8 series... i have a 6200 and dual pentium 4's and it freeze up and CTD. :lol: actually not funny

And what about turning off movies in mod?
does it fix it?
can you play on 2.13 than?

Straight Up Dude that sounds awesome :goodjob: I would love to help out with the mod. I've downloaded and tried to make my own . .. .. .. . but i always end up facing reality that i need help so if u guide me i'm pretty sure i can help plus after playing ur WWII mode i have alot of ideas for it

Ok do you use yahoo messenger or something like that?

I'm (of couerse without spaces - damn spam search bots they found my email :()
asiox3 at yahoo com

I'll be today evening around 7:00 GMT
If not - the best way would be to communicate with PM's or e-mails - the email is the same what my yahoou messenger name.

Sweet Dude! Blazapooloza is also my SN on AIM

ohhh and about those damn search bots, they found my mom last night not much i can do so i'am going to ....Party....Fiesta....Caramba....Forever.... allll night llllong all nigghht am going to stop right there because i dont even think u have ever heard the song being from Poland wow! what irony u making a World War II mod

I know this song :)
but i don't like it :p
from usa music i much more like detroit techno :p Yeah this isn't end of the world we know who the jeff mills is ;)

And why it's ironic? :p
- We first started to fight and tried to stop hitler's hunger (so it's nothing to be shamed) :)
- We never surrended to the germans -the war was moved to other fronts
- We won the war (we was fifth power in allies group)
- We fight quite long in comparison with France for example (not mentioning about other european countries)
- We had strong resistance movement all the time and made the biggest partisan strugle during WW2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Uprising - i recommend you to read this, you'll change point of view.
- We fought on quite every front:
from battle of narvik (first west allies battle), through Battle Of England, Fighting in Africa back to back with Desert Rats, conquering Monte Cassino,
to liberating France, Belgium, Netherlands, Battle Of Arnhem and conquering Berlin - as i said we was fifth army in allies side (i just presented you just fiew examples)
- and the last argument is that war was more than 60 years ago, we live in other europe now and all we're proud that we can make peace and be part of EU and NATO - the WW2 is part of history that we shouldn't forgot, but it shouldn't be the reason to spoil diplomacy (sorry for our politiancs wich don't fully understand this :()

If it would be ironic i'm courious why USA creates so much WW2 games :p

OK :) I'll try to catch you on AIM

USA enjoys the WW2 strategy games because it was the war that launched us into being the worlds leader in military, economy, and culture :) As many others have said, that war woke the sleeping giant, that is my country.

Dude i knew it would sound bad. What it was meant to mean was.... well ok u got me there but u did prove alot of points and its funny u remind me alot of my best friend who left for the navy. Its also funny that u listen to Detroit techno and i download alot of European techno but i lost most of it on my old CPU when it broke. And i have a hilarious story to tell u when my great grandfather served in WWII he was on Poland's side off and on because he stole a Nazi's uniform and posed as one to get food a fought for them for awhile then went back onto Poland's side but its funny because my other grandfather got the Purple Heart and Medal of Honor he served in the Big Red One. My grand mother was born in America but lived in the Polish side of town so she had to go to a strict school to learn polish and on my 13th birthday me and my friends where joking around with her when she was sleeping i was going to pop a balloon a run but my good friend Brian was holding a bottle of bacon bits above her head joking around in till he turned it upside down it got all over her face she got up and and saw me with the knife and we all ran she screamed and she looks like Yoda from star wars i mean there almost identical she's almost as small as him to but she chased us down stairs confronted Brian and picked up a bat and said bend over now Brian is no small guy hes captain of the football team and in extremely tall and she's like a midget Yoda with a hunch so while he was running she was swearing at him in polish American its a mix of the two languages she started swinging the Baseball bat breaking lamps and furniture my parents get up run out side there bedroom to hold her back which was easy since shes old and 3 ft tall she was spitting at him calling him a little nazi boy and all this crazy $hit then she got calmed down went to him and said she was going to kill him and all my friends with that knife by the end of the night......no one slept that night

nice story :0
I won't sleep this night either :)

and about european tchno - i think it's part of globalization (of course from europe i like adam beyer, henrik b, hertz - mostly swedish)
I was in june on huge concert - one of the stars they were Jeff Mills :D and Cristian Varela, Chris Liebing - they all played in A+ style :). There were also Prodigy and couple other people from drum and bass scene - wich i like too.

Haha yeah Jeff Mills rulez - without his experiments probably many genres of electronic music won't appear :)

So not to make it offtop :p - Jeff Mills is one of the Great Artists in 1939 - kinda easteregg, please don't thread this as a bug :D

Swedish dude thats pretty crazy how culturally diffused it is i mean u know two languages on the other hand I've been taking Spanish 2 for the last 3 years know its the only class holding me back from being an honor student and i hate Spanish because i cant learn it, on the other hand the teacher is also a straight up b!tch and if there is one thing i know its that two negatives don't make a positive

Why do u have x3 at the end of your SN are u straight edge or just put it there for the hell of it

Top Bottom