Suggestions about new units

I think it'll slow down game to much put different version for different fronts :(.
I was thinking about it, but i don't find this possible :(

If you add yugoslavia you can put Yugoslav Partisans and JNA (Yugoslav Nacional Army or Jugoslovenska Narodna Armija), also you can add a Jet fighter calld Jastreb, MiG 21, an T-34 Tank,...
And a weapons factory to build units faster calld "Zastava"

Jastreb, MiG 21 are cold war aircraft from late 50-70's - i think it's to late to put them to the mod

well i have some info about yugoslavia so il dig up somthing from wwII...
BTW did you know that they used Spitfire fighter plane during ww2 (inported by english)! YAK-3 was also used in yugoslavia, and some planes from luftwaffe of croatian ustašas where stoald by partisans!
il dig up some info leater... if you need info for yugoslavia ask me :)

well i have some info about yugoslavia so il dig up somthing from wwII...
BTW did you know that they used Spitfire fighter plane during ww2 (inported by english)! YAK-3 was also used in yugoslavia, and some planes from luftwaffe of croatian ustašas where stoald by partisans!
il dig up some info leater... if you need info for yugoslavia ask me :)

I choosed this fighters for yugoslavia
MORANE_SAULNIER_406
MESSERSCHMITT_BF_109
JAK_9
HAWKER_HURRICANE
SUPERMARINE_SPITFIRE
P_80_SHOOTING_STAR
F_86_SABRE

we don't have bombers and tanks, tank destroyers chossed so i would be glad to hear your opinion about fighters and other units for yugoslavia. :)

I don´t mind if there new high-tech jets I have a F-35 in use here :D

lol maybe they'll in phase 10 :) - no f-35, B-2, and all this kind of x-wings in phase 2 :p

About navy - we don't want to make unique asap - it's for phase 3 - i need have guarantee that they won't be great lag after finishing phase two.

My recommendation for new units would be a fortification unit type and a garrison unit type.

I) Fortification

The fortification unit would have no movement point and cost no maintenance. They cannot be built and would only serve as unit to use in scenario to recreate initial condition on front. Also, they cannot gain experience (or make them illegible for all promotions, which has the same result) or be upgraded. It should be a static unit.

The advantage of this type of unit is simple: since it cannot be moved, the AI wouldn't be able to "mess" around with them.

For example, in the 1939 scenario the maginot line is a set of terrain features: bunkers, trenches and the like. However in order to recreate this front the German and the French must have fortified units in these defensive terrain feature at all time. However, the AI is always moving its unit around and there is no such thing as the maginot line in the scenario right now.

Create three type of fortication:
1) Light fort = strength of infantry I
2) Medium fort = strength of infantry II
3) Heavy fort = strength of infantry III

II) Garrison

Basically, pretty much the same concept as the fortication unit however they can gain experience and promotions and can be built in cities.

The advantage is the same as the fortification unit: since it cannot move, the AI cannot create some gaping hole in strategic locations on the map and it will serve as a cheap defender for cities.

Not a bad idea.... However I think you could do this with the creation of only 1 unit. The game has already got so many units and new civs (it will for phase 2) that its min. requirements and load times are going up rather quickly. We already looking to solutions to these, but we will probably try to only add necessary units.

What I would suggest is just making Fortification unit. It would not be able to move, should have city bonus, start with City Defender I, maybe hills or forest bonus as well. It would be able to be built in any city, and its upgrades (Fortification II, III) and promotions should be in parallel with the infantry unit.

To re-create the Maginot Line, simply pre-place them where they should be.

Also to suppliment this I would add in the Maginot Line wonder.:)

Non-movable Garrison Infantry and B-29 nuke addition will appear in next update. :)

i suggest replacing the panzer 38t with a panzer III, because the 38t was a czecoslovakian tank used by the germans, and the panzer III played a greater, more important role early in the war.

Still nobody made model of panzer iii :(
I have other units high on the to do list - so i still have hope someone will make panzeriii

Works well for me - i'll check if i can find nay blueprints for this unit

Thank you :)

Top Bottom