Caveman 2 Cosmos

Hey hi,

I've got the interface problem (untis&map but nothing else).

Installwhatever.dll was already in the right place in the registry.

I replaced the cvpath.py twice ( with the two files in your last release).

as for this:

"Also try this if no interface/buttons with vista:

If in Vista you need to click on it. Go to properties and then there is an option in there called run as Administrator. Click it and your problems should go away with the interface."

I'm sorry maybe it's because I'm not english-speaker but I can't get it...click on it what? Which properities?

Sorry to bother you with the same problem, hope you could help me up!

Cheers

"Also try this if no interface/buttons with vista:

If in Vista you need to click on it. Go to properties and then there is an option in there called run as Administrator. Click it and your problems should go away with the interface."

I'm sorry maybe it's because I'm not english-speaker but I can't get it...click on it what? Which properities?

Sorry to bother you with the same problem, hope you could help me up!

Cheers

Click on it means: With your mouse left button.

Ok, it was my bad.

I didn't mean WHAT do I have to click with but WHERE do I have to click on...

...and I just found it's on the CivBTS.exe icon...

And guess what? It works now!!!! :goodjob::goodjob:

Thank you very much!

I had the same problem with the interface issue. After trying both things mentioned in this thread I did one other thing I forgot ;)

I updated to patch 3.17 and that fixed my problem...

Despite trying both CvPath’s, looking at Azzer’s advice, searched without success for "Installdir" and even repatched BTS again to 3:17, I keep getting the no map and no interface or command buttons issue.

I’m on XP, I’m not on Civ4 Complete and though I’m on a limited account bth it’s the only way I’m able to get BTS working.

Despite trying both CvPath’s, looking at Azzer’s advice, searched without success for "Installdir" and even repatched BTS again to 3:17, I keep getting the no map and no interface or command buttons issue.

I’m on XP, I’m not on Civ4 Complete and though I’m on a limited account bth it’s the only way I’m able to get BTS working.

Have you gone thru all the FAQ's listed in post 6 & 8 post? Might want to check to make sure you are on Administrator use when starting XP?

Have you gone thru all the FAQ's listed in post 6 & 8 post? Might want to check to make sure you are on Administrator use when starting XP?

I have gone though the FAQ in Post's 6 & 8 but cannot seeing anything I haven't tried before already.

I should add that when I do use Administrator (even before setting up the Limited Account), I get the "Cannot locate DVD-ROM" Issue (and have tried all the solutions with little success in fixing that problem, other then being able to get BTS working on the Limited Account I had to set up especially for it).

I have a direct 2 drive complete edition of Civ 4 and wonder videos do not work when I play next war. My game has some kind of error then closes. It is a shame because I really like the mod. If you have a fix please tell me!

I have gone though the FAQ in Post's 6 & 8 but cannot seeing anything I haven't tried before already.

I should add that when I do use Administrator (even before setting up the Limited Account), I get the "Cannot locate DVD-ROM" Issue (and have tried all the solutions with little success in fixing that problem, other then being able to get BTS working on the Limited Account I had to set up especially for it).

I am at a loss then, anyone????

I have a direct 2 drive complete edition of Civ 4 and wonder videos do not work when I play next war. My game has some kind of error then closes. It is a shame because I really like the mod. If you have a fix please tell me!

First time i have heard about this?? Anybody else with this problem?? Or is it just Civ Complete again?? Have you gone thru the FAQ in post # 8 yet?

btw Welcome to CFC.

Just a quick update, i am remaking NWA almost from scratch, and taking alot of stuff out, but also adding in alot of newer stuff.

I will have more than 143 civs in the game, with more than that for LH's.

I have read #8 But I don't think that it is the same problem I am having. I ran It through two different converters to get out of RAR format so I will Just download the mod again.

Ran a diagnostic and It said that a file in the wonders/evolution was corrupt

Just tried the fix mentioned in the read-me. Still did not work. I have been repetitively trying this with stone henge. I know it also does not work with the oracle. I am going to try others.

I have read #8 But I don't think that it is the same problem I am having. I ran It through two different converters to get out of RAR format so I will Just download the mod again.

Ran a diagnostic and It said that a file in the wonders/evolution was corrupt

Sounds like you said a bad d/l, then.

I was wondering if there was a way to add Archery Barrage since I only play SP games?
I love the mod by the way and can't wait till you update it.I just wish I had some mod skills
to help you out but I'm working on learning how to mod.

I was wondering if there was a way to add Archery Barrage since I only play SP games?
I love the mod by the way and can't wait till you update it.I just wish I had some mod skills
to help you out but I'm working on learning how to mod.

All depends, anyone else want the Archery Barrage in here???:confused:

EDIT:
I asked for help in the CFC thread but only one person volunteered to help, and as of yet, well??

SO i am trying to make the next version very very very STABLE, but its going to be GIGANTIC, right now almost 2GB in size. But running smoothly so far, loading time is still under 1 minute, will keep on testing.

The main reason I asked is because the AI can use the Barrage but I can't,I thought maybe with a minor code change that I could also use it,makes battles
a little one sided IMHO.I know how you feel about nobody helping much with
modding as I mod a RPG game where I can do everything but write scripts and
have to wait on other people who originally say,"When you finish everything else
let me know and I'll do the scripting"Then I finish and they keep putting it off and don't do as promised.:(

I'm curious about something, Archery Barrage (i've never used this but i've heard of the modcomp) what does it do specifically. Is it only allowing archers to attack ranged?

The reason why I ask is because you can make a unit attack ranged with just the XML... it's done with the assault mech in next war... and doing that is mp compatible. (I use it for a Sniper unit in Thomas' War)

If it does more then nevermind, but if it's only a ranged attack for archers then you can incorporate it that way and have it mp compatible.

EDIT: I just looked at archery barrage in FFH Age of Ice

Yeah you can add a multiplayer compatible barrage ranged attack with just the XML.

Basically you give a non air unit air unit damage in the XML. (Look at the assualt mech in next war or the sniper in my mod). I'm not sure if the AI knows how to use it but since it's programed into the game proper i assume so.

I'm curious about something, Archery Barrage (i've never used this but i've heard of the modcomp) what does it do specifically. Is it only allowing archers to attack ranged?

The reason why I ask is because you can make a unit attack ranged with just the XML... it's done with the assault mech in next war... and doing that is mp compatible. (I use it for a Sniper unit in Thomas' War)

If it does more then nevermind, but if it's only a ranged attack for archers then you can incorporate it that way and have it mp compatible.

EDIT: I just looked at archery barrage in FFH Age of Ice

Yeah you can add a multiplayer compatible barrage ranged attack with just the XML.

Basically you give a non air unit air unit damage in the XML. (Look at the assualt mech in next war or the sniper in my mod). I'm not sure if the AI knows how to use it but since it's programed into the game proper i assume so.

Do you know if the XML has a range or how much damage it can do at one time?

Do you know if the XML has a range or how much damage it can do at one time?

You can change the range, max damage limit, and give it a different attack value than their regular attack. In Bold in the following:

Spoiler :
Code:
		<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_ASSAULT_MECH</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_ASSAULT_MECH</Type>
			<UniqueNames/>
			<Special>NONE</Special>
			<Capture>NONE</Capture>
			<Combat>UNITCOMBAT_ASSAULT_MECH</Combat>
			<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
			<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_ATTACK</DefaultUnitAI>
			<Invisible>NONE</Invisible>
			<SeeInvisible>NONE</SeeInvisible>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ASSAULT_MECH</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ASSAULT_MECH_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
			<Strategy>TXT_KEY_UNIT_ASSAULT_MECH_STRATEGY</Strategy>
			<Advisor>ADVISOR_MILITARY</Advisor>
			<bAnimal>0</bAnimal>
			<bFood>0</bFood>
			<bNoBadGoodies>0</bNoBadGoodies>
			<bOnlyDefensive>0</bOnlyDefensive>
			<bNoCapture>0</bNoCapture>
			<bQuickCombat>0</bQuickCombat>
			<bRivalTerritory>0</bRivalTerritory>
			<bMilitaryHappiness>1</bMilitaryHappiness>
			<bMilitarySupport>1</bMilitarySupport>
			<bMilitaryProduction>1</bMilitaryProduction>
			<bPillage>1</bPillage>
			<bSpy>0</bSpy>
			<bSabotage>0</bSabotage>
			<bDestroy>0</bDestroy>
			<bStealPlans>0</bStealPlans>
			<bInvestigate>0</bInvestigate>
			<bCounterSpy>0</bCounterSpy>
			<bFound>0</bFound>
			<bGoldenAge>0</bGoldenAge>
			<bInvisible>0</bInvisible>
			<bFirstStrikeImmune>0</bFirstStrikeImmune>
			<bNoDefensiveBonus>0</bNoDefensiveBonus>
			<bIgnoreBuildingDefense>1</bIgnoreBuildingDefense>
			<bCanMoveImpassable>0</bCanMoveImpassable>
			<bCanMoveAllTerrain>0</bCanMoveAllTerrain>
			<bFlatMovementCost>0</bFlatMovementCost>
			<bIgnoreTerrainCost>0</bIgnoreTerrainCost>
			<bNukeImmune>0</bNukeImmune>
			<bPrereqBonuses>0</bPrereqBonuses>
			<bPrereqReligion>0</bPrereqReligion>
			<bMechanized>0</bMechanized>
			<bSuicide>0</bSuicide>
			<bHiddenNationality>0</bHiddenNationality>
			<bAlwaysHostile>0</bAlwaysHostile>
			<UnitClassUpgrades/>
			<UnitClassTargets/>
			<UnitCombatTargets/>
			<UnitClassDefenders/>
			<UnitCombatDefenders/>
			<FlankingStrikes/>
			<UnitAIs>
				<UnitAI>
					<UnitAIType>UNITAI_ATTACK</UnitAIType>
					<bUnitAI>1</bUnitAI>
				</UnitAI>
				<UnitAI>
					<UnitAIType>UNITAI_ATTACK_CITY</UnitAIType>
					<bUnitAI>1</bUnitAI>
				</UnitAI>
			</UnitAIs>
			<NotUnitAIs/>
			<Builds/>
			<ReligionSpreads/>
			<CorporationSpreads/>
			<GreatPeoples/>
			<Buildings/>
			<ForceBuildings/>
			<HolyCity>NONE</HolyCity>
			<ReligionType>NONE</ReligionType>
			<StateReligion>NONE</StateReligion>
			<PrereqReligion>NONE</PrereqReligion>
			<PrereqCorporation>NONE</PrereqCorporation>
			<PrereqBuilding>NONE</PrereqBuilding>
			<PrereqTech>TECH_SHIELDING</PrereqTech>
			<TechTypes>
				<PrereqTech>TECH_ROBOTICS</PrereqTech>
				<PrereqTech>NONE</PrereqTech>
				<PrereqTech>NONE</PrereqTech>
			</TechTypes>
			<BonusType>NONE</BonusType>
			<PrereqBonuses/>
			<ProductionTraits/>
			<Flavors/>
			<iAIWeight>0</iAIWeight>
			<iCost>450</iCost>
			<iHurryCostModifier>0</iHurryCostModifier>
			<iAdvancedStartCost>450</iAdvancedStartCost>
			<iAdvancedStartCostIncrease>0</iAdvancedStartCostIncrease>
			<iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize>
			<iMoves>2</iMoves>
			<bNoRevealMap>0</bNoRevealMap>
[B]			<iAirRange>2</iAirRange>[/B]
			<iAirUnitCap>0</iAirUnitCap>
			<iDropRange>0</iDropRange>
			<iNukeRange>-1</iNukeRange>
			<iWorkRate>0</iWorkRate>
			<iBaseDiscover>0</iBaseDiscover>
			<iDiscoverMultiplier>0</iDiscoverMultiplier>
			<iBaseHurry>0</iBaseHurry>
			<iHurryMultiplier>0</iHurryMultiplier>
			<iBaseTrade>0</iBaseTrade>
			<iTradeMultiplier>0</iTradeMultiplier>
			<iGreatWorkCulture>0</iGreatWorkCulture>
			<iEspionagePoints>0</iEspionagePoints>
			<TerrainImpassables/>
			<FeatureImpassables/>
			<TerrainPassableTechs/>
			<FeaturePassableTechs/>
			<iCombat>60</iCombat>
			<iCombatLimit>100</iCombatLimit>
[B]			<iAirCombat>30</iAirCombat>
			<iAirCombatLimit>100</iAirCombatLimit>[/B]
			<iXPValueAttack>4</iXPValueAttack>
			<iXPValueDefense>2</iXPValueDefense>
			<iFirstStrikes>1</iFirstStrikes>
			<iChanceFirstStrikes>0</iChanceFirstStrikes>
			<iInterceptionProbability>20</iInterceptionProbability>
			<iEvasionProbability>0</iEvasionProbability>
			<iWithdrawalProb>15</iWithdrawalProb>
			<iCollateralDamage>0</iCollateralDamage>
			<iCollateralDamageLimit>0</iCollateralDamageLimit>
			<iCollateralDamageMaxUnits>0</iCollateralDamageMaxUnits>
			<iCityAttack>10</iCityAttack>
			<iCityDefense>0</iCityDefense>
			<iAnimalCombat>0</iAnimalCombat>
			<iHillsAttack>0</iHillsAttack>
			<iHillsDefense>0</iHillsDefense>
			<TerrainNatives/>
			<FeatureNatives/>
			<TerrainAttacks/>
			<TerrainDefenses/>
			<FeatureAttacks/>
			<FeatureDefenses/>
			<UnitClassAttackMods/>
			<UnitClassDefenseMods/>
			<UnitCombatMods/>
			<UnitCombatCollateralImmunes/>
			<DomainMods/>
			<BonusProductionModifiers/>
			<iBombRate>0</iBombRate>
			<iBombardRate>0</iBombardRate>
			<SpecialCargo>NONE</SpecialCargo>
			<DomainCargo>NONE</DomainCargo>
			<iCargo>0</iCargo>
			<iConscription>7</iConscription>
			<iCultureGarrison>16</iCultureGarrison>
			<iExtraCost>0</iExtraCost>
			<iAsset>7</iAsset>
			<iPower>45</iPower>
			<UnitMeshGroups>
				<iGroupSize>1</iGroupSize>
				<fMaxSpeed>1.0</fMaxSpeed>
				<fPadTime>2.5</fPadTime>
				<iMeleeWaveSize>1</iMeleeWaveSize>
				<iRangedWaveSize>0</iRangedWaveSize>
				<UnitMeshGroup>
					<iRequired>1</iRequired>
					<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ASSAULT_MECH</EarlyArtDefineTag>
				</UnitMeshGroup>
			</UnitMeshGroups>
			<FormationType>FORMATION_TYPE_RANGED</FormationType>
			<HotKey/>
			<bAltDown>0</bAltDown>
			<bShiftDown>0</bShiftDown>
			<bCtrlDown>0</bCtrlDown>
			<iHotKeyPriority>0</iHotKeyPriority>
			<FreePromotions>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_MORALE</PromotionType>
					<bFreePromotion>1</bFreePromotion>
				</FreePromotion>
				<FreePromotion>
					<PromotionType>PROMOTION_BLITZ</PromotionType>
					<bFreePromotion>1</bFreePromotion>
				</FreePromotion>
			</FreePromotions>
			<LeaderPromotion>NONE</LeaderPromotion>
			<iLeaderExperience>0</iLeaderExperience>
		</UnitInfo>

That's the assualt mech's XML. I noticed it when I realized it was odd that a non air unit had those xml tags used. It works more like a bombard attack in that it causes -% damage etc. I was able to apply it fine by just doing the same (giving an air range, air damage, air combat limit) to my sniper (which is a land gunpowder unit).

It shows up as an icon "Ranged Attack" on the unit (uses the bombard graphic for the icon, not sure how to change the graphic, thought i knew once but didn't work)

You can change the range, max damage limit, and give it a different attack value than their regular attack. In Bold in the following:

That's the assualt mech's XML. I noticed it when I realized it was odd that a non air unit had those xml tags used. It works more like a bombard attack in that it causes -% damage etc. I was able to apply it fine by just doing the same (giving an air range, air damage, air combat limit) to my sniper (which is a land gunpowder unit).

It shows up as an icon "Ranged Attack" on the unit (uses the bombard graphic for the icon, not sure how to change the graphic, thought i knew once but didn't work)

Dang i must have had a brain Fa_t or something:crazyeye:, i knew that, cause i used it in version 002 for my cannons. I will give this a try for the archers, because for now, at least IMO that all archers are useless in Civ4.

The main reason i like LONG ranged attack is that in even all the movies they start with a bombardment of arrows.:p

Top Bottom