Should there be another TRADE-based wonder...

...that enables Caravans to have the same trading capacity as Cargo ships? I usually go for TITHES upon founding a religion, which in turn, helps me out on gold as the game goes on. As a result, I tend to build up on caravans to help my fledgling cities get higher population/production, since they're incredibly weak early game. Do you guys think a wonder that would enable caravans to trade on par with cargo ships (i.e., +8 food instead of +4 food traded to your inner-cities) be an effective wonder? Perhaps if it came with a free caravan as well?

Land caravans are cheaper and easier to protect, thus they should provide a smaller benefit. I wouldn't mind if the East India company provided a +2 to food/gold/production but I'm happy the way that it is currently.

If another wonder is created, perhaps it could increase the distance of trade routes or give immunity to plundering.

No, but there should be a cargo ship based wonder.

Dutch east India Co. Is already a national wonder so I would propose the oldest corporation in the world.

The Hudson's Bay Co.
Coastal
+2 gold per trade route
+1 trade route
+1 free cargo ship
Doubles amount of fur luxury if there is a source near the city it is built

Do caravans have a diplomatic effect?

Or strictly gold, religion and science...

I never really noticed one.

Would be a useful bonus for a wonder or social policy.

Do caravans have a diplomatic effect?

Or strictly gold, religion and science...

I never really noticed one.

Would be a useful bonus for a wonder or social policy.

In an indirect way, sort of as the AI takes into consideration trade routes when dealing with diplomacy.

Other than that strictly gold,god and glo..i mean science.

I wouldn't mind a way to grab an extra trade route that was industrial age or later. Both Petra and colossus are just barely obtainable on the higher difficulties.(either one, not both obv.)

No, but there should be a cargo ship based wonder.

Dutch east India Co. Is already a national wonder so I would propose the oldest corporation in the world.

The Hudson's Bay Co.
Coastal
+2 gold per trade route
+1 trade route
+1 free cargo ship
Doubles amount of fur luxury if there is a source near the city it is built

And we have.... Win!

Top Bottom