Ais are always Bilining for Partenon?

Sure, I suppose the AI will do that but a human rarely would pick the artist over a scientist or engineer.

Yeah, it's a very short-sighted decision, especially since those AI's only have a single art/artifact slot (from the Palace). They get an a Great Work of Art now, but that means when they get their first one naturally, they have to burn it for a Golden Age since there is no room for more art (unless they are lucky and got Cathedrals).

Yeah, it's a very short-sighted decision, especially since those AI's only have a single art/artifact slot (from the Palace). They get an a Great Work of Art now, but that means when they get their first one naturally, they have to burn it for a Golden Age since there is no room for more art (unless they are lucky and got Cathedrals).

Or they could just save it until they get 1 Museum up, which usually isn't that long after spawning one Artist. That's what I do, because in the long run it'll probably be exponentially more valuable than an early Golden Age.

Or they could just save it until they get 1 Museum up, which usually isn't that long after spawning one Artist. That's what I do, because in the long run it'll probably be exponentially more valuable than an early Golden Age.

Medieval (Guilds) to Industrial (Museums) is a fairly long time. During which you need to pay unit maintenance for the Artist and protect him as well.

Medieval (Guilds) to Industrial (Museums) is a fairly long time. During which you need to pay unit maintenance for the Artist and protect him as well.

True, although immediately staffing the Artist's Guild full usually isn't a good idea (at least in my games). Still, I'd wager saving the Artist is still better than burning him for a GA.

The Parthenon is probably the biggest red herring in the game. The Great Library, for all the hate it gets, at least jumps you to the NC and on Emperor and below, for which it's eminently gettable (about 85% of the time) which in turn means you've basically won the science game by Medieval.

+2 tourism, on the other hand......

what do you need classical art for anyways? Hermitage? I've never built Parthenon nor felt the need for classical era art.

I got the Parthenon in my latest game but *only* because I was trying out Legendary Start (which I never use, always Standard) and got a couple Salt to boot... I built most of the wonders up to Industrial so it's certainly a rare example.

Parthenon, Chichen Itza, and Alhambra usually gets made before I even got the tech (though I usually don't beeline any of them). This is on Immortal.

Top Bottom