Trouble Since Patch

Koffy25

Chieftain
Hi All,

I've had trouble with the game since the patch, all of the text is now the XML key value like TXT_KEY_MODS and the game will not start up, it tries to and is using 25% cpu but won't start a new game, I cancelled after 10 minutes. I tried re-install and uninstall/install but same. I had made some minor changes to the XML a month or so ago but just to add few new city names but wouldn't think that would matter. I have a i5 WIN 7 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re-instlal the game is all I can suggest to you, I don't have these problems, and so I doubt it's because of the latest patch.

@Koffy25 - Welcome to CFC!

Someone had the same problem in this thread. He fixed it by deleting some XML files that were in the wrong location. See the last post in that thread for more details.

HTH

Petek

Worked, thanks Petek and thanks for the welcome, making the jump from civ II so it's been interesting!

hello i had a trouble since the last patch all over sudden my civ 5 stopped working and the world builder as well, it just give me a an error that the program has stopped working and this the detail ( Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.62
Application Timestamp: 4cc59ecb
Fault Module Name: CvGameDatabaseWin32Final Release.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc59a8f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000351a2
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
)
the other thing is if i want to re-install the game where was the setup file downloaded to ? does anybody know?

To re-install put the disk back in, it'll be one of the options. If that doesn't work then uninstall Civ and Steam completely and re-install both.

Right click on the game in your list of games on the left, select "Properties" and click "Delete Local Content", this will uninstall the game, then you can re-download it to reinstall. There isn't a set up file like other sites afaik.

Top Bottom