Bug Reports and Discussion

It worked! Thank you Ifgr :).
Here is the file with french translations.

Attachments

• Civ4GameText_Advanced_Diplomacy.rar
    15 KB · Views: 202
I am running many More Naval AI games with assertions enabled while trying to reproduce a Revolutions specific issue, and I have seen an assertion that may indicate a problem in the code. At the line 29804 of CvPlayerAI.cpp, in the AI_bestJoinWarTeam method, CvPlayerAI::AI_getAttitude may get called to check the attitude of a player with itself. I believe that adding an additional condition to the check in 29798 to ignore the current iteration if iI == ePlayer should be added there. Please let me know if it is a legitimate bug; if that's the case I will fix it and create a pull request.

EDIT: I just noticed that there is already an issue about this in the tracker: https://bitbucket.org/Tholal/more-naval-ai/issues/79/two-asserts-triggered-by-new-advanced

I believe that adding an additional condition to the check in 29798 to ignore the current iteration if iI == ePlayer should be added there. Please let me know if it is a legitimate bug; if that's the case I will fix it and create a pull request.

I think that I tried this fix previously and it didnt work. If you want to take a shot at it, the help is more than welcome!

Haven't played this game for ages. Was just seeing if a bug I mentioned long long time ago and researched about 5 years later is fixed. Seems not. So I am posting it here in the hope that it gets fixed.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...ildings-on-every-cities.286006/#post-12891139

It requires a bit of effort to fix as far as I can remember... If it's already fixed, please just ignore this post. But I really couldn't find anything mentioned in the database.

Haven't played this game for ages. Was just seeing if a bug I mentioned long long time ago and researched about 5 years later is fixed. Seems not. So I am posting it here in the hope that it gets fixed.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/threa...ildings-on-every-cities.286006/#post-12891139

It requires a bit of effort to fix as far as I can remember... If it's already fixed, please just ignore this post. But I really couldn't find anything mentioned in the database.

Yeah, that sounds like a bad bug. Did you check if it is still happening in More Naval AI? If it is happening, I can work on fixing it after I finish merging Multiple Production.

Yeah, that sounds like a bad bug. Did you check if it is still happening in More Naval AI? If it is happening, I can work on fixing it after I finish merging Multiple Production.
Just tested, it was fixed after all. Just no mention of it. Fall further and Ashen of Erebus still suffer from it though.

Would be nice to know how it was fixed.

Last edited:
I don't find any changes in that area of the code at all, so I don't know how it was fixed.
I know. If you read my comment on bitbucket, I mentioned about Basium should only join team after city is given control to Basium. Maybe that's it?

I did fix fall further myself by applying the hackish fix though.

Bug? I'm on 2.7 beta 5, which is working great, by the way. Did find a problem that based on real world diplomacy probably shouldn't happen.

On a map full of wars, one of my neighbors decides they don't like my vassal, and declares war on us despite having the non-aggression pact in force for more than a couple turns.

Could you code it in so that they aren't able to do that (it negates the value of the pact for me as a legitimate strategy -- relying on it to fight back against a huge enemy, without getting back stabbed by treaty breakers )

There is an Advanced Start bug which I believe is inherited from vanilla BtS, which I somehow thought had been foxed long ago but can hardly keep myself from exploiting now.

When you purchase a unit (like a settler at least in my modmod) that has its price incremented based on how many you own, you buy the unit as a lower price than you can sel it for by deleted the unit. That means adding and removing an infinite number of settlers can gain the player an infinite supply of gold with which to buy other units, technologies, cities, improvements, etc. A patient player in Advanced Start games could give himself every technology, building, many cities, units, etc for the price an AI would use to gain a couple buildings.

The Demon's Altar building does not grant a free Scourge promotion.

After Stephanos died attacking a Sidar city, they left his Crown of Command sitting on the ground instead of scooping it up.

Letum Frigus can appear on non-arctic terrain.

I'm still seeing some of the Test resolutions showing up in the game even after removing them.
Edit: I thought I had removed them, but now I see their xml defines are still there afterall.

Several times I've had the game unexpectedly crash for no apparent reason. Often I notice this happening a few turns after the supposedly removed fixed border resolution has passed.

Last edited:
Am having a crashing bug while hitting next turn on the attached savefile. Not sure if it's due to something in More Naval AI 2.6.3 or something else. The savegame is an edited map from Tasunke's
Erebus Fantasiversalis.

BtS 3.1.9.0 (128100)
More Naval AI 2.6.3

Attachments

• Capria AD-0033.CivBeyondSwordSave
    287.1 KB · Views: 228
Just tested, it was fixed after all. Just no mention of it. Fall further and Ashen of Erebus still suffer from it though.

Would be nice to know how it was fixed.

I dont remember that issue in particular. Most of the development of this mod happened on Sourceforge. Check there for old changes - https://sourceforge.net/p/tholalsffhaimod/code/1832/log/?path=

On a map full of wars, one of my neighbors decides they don't like my vassal, and declares war on us despite having the non-aggression pact in force for more than a couple turns.

Non-aggression pacts are meant to be non-binding. There is a diplo penalty for breaking them, but the AI could probably use some tuning in that regard.

Also, it sounds like in this particular case they weren't checking their status with the Master of the Vassal they wanted to attack. I'll investigate the code.

There is an Advanced Start bug which I believe is inherited from vanilla BtS, which I somehow thought had been foxed long ago but can hardly keep myself from exploiting now.

When you purchase a unit (like a settler at least in my modmod) that has its price incremented based on how many you own, you buy the unit as a lower price than you can sel it for by deleted the unit.

OK. I'll look into that.

The Demon's Altar building does not grant a free Scourge promotion.

After Stephanos died attacking a Sidar city, they left his Crown of Command sitting on the ground instead of scooping it up.

Letum Frigus can appear on non-arctic terrain.

Scourge promotion is only available for Beast, Melee and Recon units.

There is code to look for loose items, but it's not used very often. I'll look into improving the AI in that regard.

Letum Frigus is limited to Snow and Tundra terrain when spawning. Perhaps someone terraformed the tile?

Several times I've had the game unexpectedly crash for no apparent reason. Often I notice this happening a few turns after the supposedly removed fixed border resolution has passed.

Am having a crashing bug while hitting next turn on the attached savefile.

Due to schema changes, I wont be following up on any old crashing bugs. But, if anyone gets a repeatable crash or hang with version 2.7, please post an attached savegame.

Thanks for your great work man, much appreciated. This mod and its updated code are still far superior and light years ahead of the last two Civ releases with their not-so-smart AI!

Due to schema changes, I wont be following up on any old crashing bugs. But, if anyone gets a repeatable crash or hang with version 2.7, please post an attached savegame.
I have not playtested enough of the unaltered version of MNAI v2.7 yet to find any bugs there, but in my first game after merging it with my current (unreleased) version of MagisterModmod I am getting a repeatable crash whenever I end turn 142. I have a saved game from that turn, but would have to release an unstable version of my modmod first for you to be able to test it to track down the issue.

bug - summoned a water elemental with corlindale. sent it into ljosolfar territory, a treant appeared in a forest tile and my water elemental disappeared without a fight, into thin air (v 2.7)

Top Bottom