[Design] Dwarves

It would be cool if there was some sort of spell or promotion maybe that all Duergar units could have to set them apart from the Mountain and Hill Dwarves.
Also, maybe the Dwarves in general could have certain bonuses in cities settled in hilly areas or near mountains. Like +1 food or +1 hammer. Plus, if Dwarven units could go through mountains that would be nice.

I don't feel that ashamed. I will say sorry if it makes ya happy. I apologize to you, Steph. Please accept it, man.

I know, Steph. LOL!
Darque, I think a good way to implement the whole ability to walk through mountains would be to have it as an automatically attached promotion. Like, in FFH, if you build the wonder 'Pact of the Nilhorn', the three giants you get (called Larry, Moe, and Curly [so damn original, ain't it]) automatically have hidden nationality. (Of course, as with all hidden nationality units in FFH, the giants can use the spell, if that's what ya call, 'reveal nationality'.) Similarly, the Dwarven units in general could have an race promotion, obviously Dwarven, that allows like +30% hills defense and the ability to walk through mountains (called mountain climbing). In the pedia for all Dwarves, you could put in something at the bottom that would say, "Like all Dwarves, the (insert Dwarven civ here) have mountain climbing, which allows them to walk onto mountain tiles".
Just something you pass to Greywarden, since I gather he's working on the pedia, among other things. I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to do XML. I'll probably learn it soon, and if you guys want, I'll help you with this in that way, as well. Although, (3rd time saying this), I lack the time because of classes. I go to South Dakota School of Mines, an engineering school, which has very hard math and science classes. I'm studying Mining Engineering, which means I have to take Chem 1&2 Physics 1&2 (among other things), in case ya wanted to know. So, that's why the Dragonia map isn't BTS yet and why I haven't learned XML yet either.

This is not xml, it's dll or python.

I don't know does the mountain terrain type allow any movement but flying. Maybe you should make another terrain type.

I even have a crazy idea for mountains in general... A special "flying" scouting unit which can build an improvement "scouted mountains" which acts like road to let the units move through =). Like those Saruman bats in the LOTR movie.

This is not XML, it's DLL or python.

Oh, sorry. Ya see, not too familiar with programming. I plan to learn it a lil. I'll prolly start once May begins cuz that's when school ends. The nice thing is when I have to take computer class for my degree, which most engineers at my school do (Engineering school), I'll know what I'm doing really well.

I don't know does the mountain terrain type allow any movement but flying. Maybe you should make another terrain type.

I even have a crazy idea for mountains in general... A special "flying" scouting unit which can build an improvement "scouted mountains" which acts like road to let the units move through =). Like those Saruman bats in the LOTR movie.

Here's my critique of that idea. That would be cool, but it should only work on mountain ranges. If there's just a lone mountain, there's no point. Based off the Dragonia map from Civ3, there are 3 clumps of mountains, 5 mountains ranges on the right side of the map, and 3 mountain ranges on the left side of the map. So, that improvement would work really well there.
What strength and other effects are you thinking for it? And do ya have a name for it? Um...could it become better as you changed ages? Like build those improvements faster as you changed civics and discovered some techs in the Industrial era, which I forgot what the D2 counterpart is called? Also, it might be better if it could just build regular roads/railroads (no idea what the D2 railroad counterpart is called, if there is one).

Top Bottom