Blessing of Amathaon in Bts

schlalex

Warlord
I would really like to use the double-bonuses option when playing random maps in BTS.
Unfortunately i cannot use this (or any other FFH option).
So how can i make it work? Anyone can give me a hint?
Thx for answers

You can't.

Well, you could make another mod that adds the FfH options to otherwise vanilla BtS, but that would require SDK, python, and xml modding.

That would actually be an excellent mod after FFH has reached a final version in my opinion. I'd love to have all the options and XML, Python, and other bonuses that the FFH2 code has in for modding BtS.

That would actually be an excellent mod after FFH has reached a final version in my opinion. I'd love to have all the options and XML, Python, and other bonuses that the FFH2 code has in for modding BtS.

Must admit I'd had similar thoughts the other night for the FF codebase, though the format would take some work for modders to get used to if they've been modding base BtS for a while. A lot of the work that was done by Xienwolf though was to allow a lot of nifty tricks with promotions.

Hey,
in the meantime i learned to compile a DLL :D .
I am still very nooby in terms of modding, but maybe now i can make this Gameoption work in Vanilla.
Magister, what do i exactly have to change in the source? If its too much work for u to explain, i am sorry.
But maybe its not that much and so u could do a lot of people a favour (a lot of guys i know are hot about this option, too).
Thanks a lot

On a similar subject, does anyone know an easy way to increase the amount of extra resources Blessings of A adds to the map?

Hey,
in the meantime i learned to compile a DLL :D .
I am still very nooby in terms of modding, but maybe now i can make this Gameoption work in Vanilla.
Magister, what do i exactly have to change in the source? If its too much work for u to explain, i am sorry.
But maybe its not that much and so u could do a lot of people a favour (a lot of guys i know are hot about this option, too).
Thanks a lot

Open the FfH DLL and search for 'DOUBLE_BONUS'. Should get you a grand total of 3 hits... Two of which make the game option. :lol:

The entire extent of the code which doubles resources:

Code:
	if (GC.getGameINLINE().isOption(GAMEOPTION_DOUBLE_BONUSES))
	{
	    iBonusCount *= 2;
	}

On a similar subject, does anyone know an easy way to increase the amount of extra resources Blessings of A adds to the map?

Takes DLL work, but extremely easy DLL work. In the above code, change the 2 to something else.

Valkrionn,
first of all i wanna say a thousand thanks for answering.
I am not quite sure what u mean with "open the DLL".
Of course i have searched for myself and i found this very line by my own in cvmapgenerator.cpp. Its probably what u mean. But i did not expect it to be that easy.
So i just have to add this to the vanilla cvmapgenerator.cpp and then to edit an extra gameoption in the XMLs? Sounds easy :).
Ill try it later, when i come home.

By open the DLL, I meant load the project in Code::Blocks or a similar program, so basically exactly what you did. ;)

Yes, those three lines are the entire extent of the mode... All you need other than that is the gameoption, which requires two lines of DLL and an XML entry. Just make sure that the gameoption order in the DLL is the same as that in XML. ;)

Great, but...

now u can see how noobie i am ;).
In which of all the cpp-Files do i have to add the gameoption. In XML it is easy but i dont know which cpp File contains the options.
Maybe one last hint ? (you will get an outstanding cookie :) )

Search for 'DOUBLE_BONUS'. Should get you a grand total of 3 hits... Two of which make the game option. :lol:

I can't remember the exact file names (Both should have Enum in them, however) as I'm on my laptop, Civ isn't installed quite yet.

Like I said in my original post though, just search for DOUBLE_BONUS. It'll pull up both gameoption lines. :goodjob:

It woooorks :)!
The files are Cvenum.h and cyenumsinterface.cpp.
Thx to xienwolf, i found his post with google.
And thousands thanks again to you.
Now i gonna go gaming :D

Top Bottom