Upgrading

None can finish till now a game in map bigger than the standard, this is a known bug. Let's hope next patch

None can finish till now a game in map bigger than the standard, this is a known bug. Let's hope next patch

Flaw yes, but how is it a bug?

A bug is a flaw in the code IIR. I have finished on a large map and about to again on the large earth map. It only requires persistance. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, waiting for the next patch is the best answer. I play for about 4 minutes and then the next 10 minutes are spent in reloading the game. I then play for 4 minutes and start the process again. Sometimes I get lucky and play for 20 minutes. According to Steam I have played 50 hours in one week.:mischief: I think it is because I forget that I can play again and it has sat there for an hour while I went and did other things.

That's a bit of a shame that you have to do that to get through a large map. I'll have to check what size I'm playing on atm because I've had very few problems and it seems rather large.

I think RAM might be a limiting factor at times, especially with only 2GB, and it's a nice easy thing to upgrade, so don't abandon your idea.

Oh and press Print Screen to take a screenshot. It saves it somewhere in your ".../Documents/My Games/.../Screenshots" folder as a .tga file.

I just completed a game on a large continents map with only the occasional crash on DX9. On DX10/11 I get freezes and my ATI HD 3870 x 2 1 gb is supposed to be DX10.1 compatible. I also have 6gb ram, have not tried huge maps though. Even so it can be a bit choppy sometimes. They need to sort this out in the next patch as a priority. I think you need at least 4 gb ram. I was even thinking of upgrading my video card but was advised to hold on this as the game still has problems with higher spec cards.

Odd. I checked my map size and it is indeed large. No problems at all except maybe one random crash a minute after saving. I played though another large map today and it all seems pretty smooth - no crashes or particular lags. This is on DX10/11 mode.

I'll try a huge map next and let you know if I experience problems.

Top Bottom