Hulfgar's Modpack

I see the patch for dlc inca/spain and polynesia. should they be installed in the mods folder and run at the same time as your mod, didn't they already work?

or should their content be put somewhere in the folder for the main mod itself?

Hello Thadian,

the Spain/Inca and Polynesia DLC mods have to be installed and activated as separate mods in the Civ5 Mods folder.

Contents for those DLCs was included in previous version of my mod but I have made it a separate mod because of compatibility problems for users whithout the DLCs.

So if you have ver 9.2 of the mod it's made for the vanilla game, if you have those 2 DLCs you should add those 2 small mods (if you don't this will not make the mod unplayable, you will just miss some content).

All resources are no longer available! I played 2hrs before realizing resources like cows,deer,wheat everything like that weren't available. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance

Hi all,

does anybody have problem loading saved games with ver. 9.2 ?

This version was working fine but now I can't load saved games anymore; So I begin to fear that the problem is outside the mod, which would be a very bad news!

Hi Hulfgar - Great work so far, really enjoyable.

Unfortunately yes, I am having problems loading saved games with ver 9.2, even after applying your update 1 patch for 9.2; it says that not all required mods are installed, when they most definitely are... ;)

EDIT: I am not running Vikings in my game, and have both Inca/Spain and Poly DLC modmods installed as per your instructions and activated. Thanks.

Well, it's not a Perth only issue :)

I have the game with the Hulfgar mod and I have no trouble loading saved games.

I don't have Incas/ Spain/ Poly but I do have Nebucchenezar (spell check that.....)

Hi all,

Is there any news about next release date Hulfgar?
I expect it to be ready for this friday.

All resources are no longer available! I played 2hrs before realizing resources like cows,deer,wheat everything like that weren't available. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance

There no reasons why the resources should be gone. Can you give me more details : version of the mod, DLC that you have installed, is your Civ5 version up to date ?

I have the game with the Hulfgar mod and I have no trouble loading saved games.
Thanks Cicerosaurus.

Think there is a conflicting mod, I did have both YNAEMP and Hulfgar's Modpack both enabled in one game once and every other resources except stone is missing...

There no reasons why the resources should be gone. Can you give me more details : version of the mod, DLC that you have installed, is your Civ5 version up to date ?

I'm running the 9.2 mod, My Civ is up to date with the latest patch. As for dlc just standard I've added nothing to the game except your mod. I purchased the game a while back but really didn't have the chance to play until now.

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I removed your resources folder from the XML just to see what would happen and doing so my resources returned. I just didn't continue to play as I didn't want to invest the time and get involved in a game just to have it not work once I reached a point where removing your folder would cause the game to not work.

All I am interested in is getting the mod going with all the resources, so could you or anyone tell me what they have running for there Civ5 with this mod so I can replicate it and enjoy playing it please.

Thanks for everything

Hi Hulfgar.

As much as I'm glad for Cicerosaurus not having issues loading Save games from 9.2, I do. :)

Any suggestions? Should I just wait for the new version?

I have the same config as you Dr.Loomis, except for 2 DLC (Spain/Inca and Polynesia) but they are not required for the mod to work.

Right now I don't see any reason why the resources should not work.
I would say wait for the next release in the hope that it fixes what should not be broken...

Hi Hulfgar.

As much as I'm glad for Cicerosaurus not having issues loading Save games from 9.2, I do. :)

Any suggestions? Should I just wait for the new version?

I understand you Uncle Anton. I have the same problem, quite frustrating! This is why it takes so long for the next version to come : I try to find where the bug is, if the bug is in the mod.

I have the same config as you Dr.Loomis, except for 2 DLC (Spain/Inca and Polynesia) but they are not required for the mod to work.

Right now I don't see any reason why the resources should not work.
I would say wait for the next release in the hope that it fixes what should not be broken...

I understand you Uncle Anton. I have the same problem, quite frustrating! This is why it takes so long for the next version to come : I try to find where the bug is, if the bug is in the mod.

No Problem. Thanks anyway mate... I'll just hang in there and wait. ;)

Thanks for your efforts! It's a great mod... :)

I've played 9.2 with and without the update and had no save game or resource populating issues. Only have Babylonian DLC.

Not sure if folder cleaning has been mentioned here...
I HAVE experienced issues with resources not showing on OTHER mods and resolved the issue by deleting all mods, clearing cache and mod user data folder. Then clean installing the mod.

Not sure if folder cleaning has been mentioned here...
I HAVE experienced issues with resources not showing on OTHER mods and resolved the issue by deleting all mods, clearing cache and mod user data folder. Then clean installing the mod.

Bslade thanks for this advice, the simplest solutions are sometime forgotten.

I did it to find a solution to the saved game problem and guess what : it works !

So for the people who cannot load the saved game this is what I did :

1- delete all mods via the mod hub in Civ5 (note that the DLC mods from Firaxis cannot be deleted)

2- open the mods folder in ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and manual delete what is left.

3- clean the cache : delete all database files in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

4- reinstall the mod, launch a game and save it.
Try to load the saved game, it should work.
At least it works for ver 9.2 and 10 for me.

Maybe Civ5 can handle only a limited number of installed mods ?

Now to ver.10 : it should be ready tomorrow (instead as yesterday as planned!) : I have added tank destroyers to complete the "mobile units" (mobile AA, mobile Arty, tanks) those units are mean for quick offensives and consume some diesel while the "foot" units are mean for territory defense and are resource free.
I am currently polishing ver.10, I try to include all the usefull remarks that were done in previous post. If I don't run in a major bug it should be ready tomorrow.

Glad it worked!

You just saved me a couple of hours of civ time as I was about to start a new ver.9.2 game.

I look forward to playing ver.10. I'm on a tight deadline myself as I'm hoping to complete one more game before Skyrim on the 11th! :lol:

Version 10 is ready to download see here or in the first post for the link.

For those who have already downloaded it before I posted here, I made a minor change and the new version is ready.

There seems to be an incompatibility between this version and the add ons for Polynesia and Spain/Inca (the saved game will not load...).
So for now please don't use those 2 add ons with ver 10.

You still can play it if you have the DLC Polynesia and Spain/Inca but you should not play with those specific civs if you don't want them to build some restricted units such as the Surcouf or the Sturmtiger.

For versions change see in the 1. post, feedback is welcome.

I look forward to playing ver.10. I'm on a tight deadline myself as I'm hoping to complete one more game before Skyrim on the 11th!
Bslade I hope you will come here to tell us if Skyrim is worth buying it :)

Updates for the addons Spain/Inca and Polynesia are available.
I ran a quick test and the saved games could be loaded.
Links to download are in the first post.

There is no doubt in my mind that Skyrim will be the best game for 2011. I know, quite a statement :)

Now back to Hufgar 10.0:

The archer unit seems to be corrupted. Half the icons are armored units and they crashed my game when attacking with them.

Not to bring up china again, but i'm going to bring up china again :scan:. They really do suck, no? I played with two china civs in my last game and neither really expanded beyond two cities and one died pretty early in the game.

I agree re the Chinese. I just d/l the latest version and with the archers the icons seem to be overlaid on a tank or something.

I haven't had a war yet so I don't know if they will crash.

And the first time the archer (it was a CS, not even China) was in a battle the game crashed.

It seems that all archers have the overlay problems (with the exception of barbarians). However the bowman of Babylon appeared normal and didn't crash the game. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom