I wish Terra maps had this feature...

Just had an idea for a new feature on TERRA maps. Right now, the new world is usually a collection of a few sprawled-out city states. Wouldn't it be cool if there were 2-3 civilizations (unplayable by the human player) already on that continent, all of which couldn't pass beyond the classical age?

It would enable the New World to have a large and obsolete empire with several cities with Ancient or Classical era wonders (but none older than that). You can also trade with the New World civs, or win an easy war against them (i.e., Musketmen versus Spearmen= easy battle).

Thoughts? :goodjob:

Terra has the best terrain features. too bad everyone starts in the same continent. Unfortunately, fractal and continents has a tendency to blow and not have any island or interesting land masses to colonize.

I actually wish that more luxuries/strategic resources spawned on the other land mass in Terra maps. It would make the race to colonize more meaningful.

I sort of view those city-states as being those backwards civilizations, or the teeming barbarian hordes that are always there. I think that's how the Conquistadors probably saw the Mayans, Incans, and Aztecs when they got to the new world. :D

I actually wish that more luxuries/strategic resources spawned on the other land mass in Terra maps. It would make the race to colonize more meaningful.

I sort of view those city-states as being those backwards civilizations, or the teeming barbarian hordes that are always there. I think that's how the Conquistadors probably saw the Mayans, Incans, and Aztecs when they got to the new world. :D

Exactly this. This has always been my biggest problem with terra maps. The resources on the two landmasses should be entirely different. Both luxury and strategic. There's just no reason at all to colonize on those maps right now.

Another idea would be a delayed spawn in the New World, perhaps 1 AD. These civilizations would be behind as they were in the real world, but have the potential to quickly catch up.

Top Bottom