Hulfgar's Modpack

Thanks for the reply Hulfgar!! I will hold out and wait for ver 8 and let you know if I have success!

Hi Hulfgar,
attached you find the saved game file... had the same problem´s with other games and nations too - so its not a specific nation problem i think...
thx :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Süleyman I._0104 - 0275 v. Chr..Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
Ver.8 is available, I planned to add the policy mod from Thal's Balance but the merging was not succesfull so I have to work on this.

Features of ver 8 are :

Bug correction : Corrected a bug in the Spain file.

Merged mod : Navalcounterattck from Mylon.
Artillery will not upgrade to rocket artillery via a goodyhut.
New units : Early Tanks, Mobile Artillery and Mobile AA Guns
Sturmtiger : Mobile Artillery powerfull against city, limited to 3. UU for Germany.
Surcouf and I-400 switched back to UU for France and Japan, limited to 2 each.
Added Polynesia file to handle the UU, please deactivate this if you don't have the polynesia dlc!
Added ethnic skins for the Iroquois in the WW2 era, used are US units from Danrell.
Range for Trireme set to 1
Infantry Combat value down to 30, Cost down to 275.
The Marine has been moved to radar tech.
Anti tank Gun moved to tech Early tanks.

Redox is helping me and working on UI changes (infotooltip, ...) so it should be in the next version :)

I have corrected some mistakes in the tech tree.
The fix is downloadable from the first post of this thread.
This should prevent some broken tech tree related bugs.
It should be compatible with the saved games.

Hulfgar, I am still unable to get the mod up and running (Ver 8). I cleared the cache, downloaded the file, ran the "install" and it starts but never finishes. I did the process twice. I also downloaded and installed a different mod as a test. This is the same problem I had with 7.2. Any good ideas would be appreciated? Thanks for all the good work and help.

Hello CCC,

I don't understand what's going wrong.
Yesterday I downloaded ver 7.2 from Mediafire to do a test and it installed fine.
I will make you a zip of my ver 8 and put it to download.
This will included the tech fix.
Tell me if it works, if not I will look for another solution, there must be one !

Ok CCC, you can download ver.8 in rar format here. It's about 60 MB because the compression rate is not as good as the civ5mod files.

One thing I forgot : you can manually unzip the .civ5mod file in you mod's folder with 7zip, perhaps you should try this first.

Good luck and tell me if it works !

Hulfgar,

Thank you very much!! I followed your directions on the previous two posts. It worked perfectly when I did it manually. I am playing a test game now and all seems to be great.

Thanks again for the help and the great mod!!

Glad it works CCC.
I have good hope that you can play the next version then, it will have some nice adds in UI and mods.

Version 9 is out.

Quite a lot of changes in this version.
First I have to say a special thanks to REDOX who helped me with the merging of mods that contain LUA codes. In fact Redox answered all my questions and made all the changes that were necessary. For this reason I think that he deserves to be named a co-author to this mod.

What's new :
The utilities from Thal's Mod are included. Now you can get the list of your resources with a mouseover the top panel and various other infos.

I have included the What Would Gandhi Do mod (this may be the cause of a minor bug with the diplo screen, see in the 1. post of this thread).

Remote Mining from Redox is included.

I have some some Extra Maintenance Cost for the mechanized units and some elite infantry. At this time those cost are scaled from 1 to 3.
If you don't want them this can be disabled with a "_" before the file Maintenance.sql in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack9 (v 9)\SQL.

The Barbarians! mod is back in this mod now that I am sure that it was not the cause of the crashes in previous versions.

Bernie's wonderfull musketmen are in the mod.

What's planned now :

I want to rework the Templar, Teutonic Knight and Djihad Cavalry.
Perhaps make them free units bound to a policy or a project.

Some work on the policies and perhaps on the ancient and antik era.

Some feedback on the extra maintenance cost would be appreciated: is it to much or not enough ?

Hi,

the mod sounds very interesting especially in version 9.

but 2 things are on my mind:

1. Do I need a special version (patch .. ) of civ5?
2. Could you please also make a mirror on another host? have problems to download from this side... (not only temperary problems)

:)

Hi Ped83,

you should have the latest patch of Civ 5 to play this mod (version 101.383).

It may run with olders patches but some things will be unbalanced then.

I will put a mirror on atomic gamer as soon as I have a better connection (tomorrow probably)

Hi,

thanks for the answers. I hope it will be on another host as well so I can try it :)

Version 9.1 is available, mostly with minor bug corrections from ver 9.
I'm sorry for this but it is not compatible with ver 9 saved games.

I love your Mod man but the happiness and gold issues are insane. I've been playing on prince level, every game I run into major issues expanding, seems no matter what Race I use same issue.

Any chance you are making some sort of adjustment for an otherwise great Mod? :)

Hello Kitsune420,

I can adjust the happiness and gold issue, it's not a problem : the game is supposed to make fun :)

Do you play the latest version ?

I'm asking this because in version 9 and 9.1 I've added extra maintenance cost to most of the industrial and modern units.
I'm still not sure if this is playable or game (and fun) breaking.
If you find the maintenance cost too high you can disable this part by deleting the file Maintenance.sql in the SQL folder of the mod (or just rename this file to disable it).
It may even be compatible with saved games.
For the future I plan to reduce the cost of some buildings (after all a brewery or tavern should not cost money to the state, but bring money via taxes !).

As for the happiness issue I can boost some buildings (and I have 1 or 2 new planned).
I want to work on the policies as well, but this is a little more complicated.

Thanks for the feedback :)

This mod is excellent, it really refreshed the gameplay for me. I spent 6 hours playing it last night(one of those 'just one more turn' kinda nights!)

The only two issues I had were with the unit upkeep as the previous poster mentioned, and with the tech tree not displaying properly. I can only see one small part of the tech tree, at the very beginning. So it's very difficult to plan out my techs to get the units I want.

Again though, awesome mod!

Top Bottom