Hulfgar's Modpack

But I've started to play the game with only mod ver.5 and, for example, Ottomans didn't have a Governance specializtion.

Version 5.1 is up, compatible with patch 332.

All previous version should be uninstalled and the the mod cache cleaned before playing this version.
(Note : ver. 1 to 5 are compatible with patch 332 anyway).

I am currently testing it with Egypt, so far no crashes and no bugs.

Please report any bug you may encounter.

Ok, just spend about three hours playing a game as Washington with this mod. Here's some info:

Washington
Continents Plus
Beginner
Strategic Resource Placement
Epic speed

I started out near Suleiman and Hiawatha and got sealed in by their expansions. Suleiman declared war on me VERY quickly, while we were both fledgling civs. He did not initiate combat and eventually asked for peace. I agreed. I went through a spell of not having enough money, but after I turtled long enough and researched hard enough I was steam-rolling through techs. Nobody asked me to join them in war until much later. People pretty much left me alone, except for the usual denunciations once I got powerful enough. One time an oil deposit was revealed in the plains but was not represented by the pool of oil, it was in name/stats only. I could still put a tower on it. I will try to remember more about this fun round, but for now that's all I could think of. At first the pace of epic seemed to quick, but then I got into the feel of it and it seemed very fitting. This mod reminded me very much of playing Civ IV. Well made!

Thanks for the feedback Riddleofsteel.

This mod reminded me very much of playing Civ IV

Some of the features are freely inspired from Realism Invictus in Civ IV.

I just hope that someday we will be able to mod Civ V just as much as it was possible for Civ IV !

One time an oil deposit was revealed in the plains but was not represented by the pool of oil

This is probably because of the new resources (Diesel, Kerosene, Timber, Steel, Ale).
Either the resource bar can display only a limited number of resources or I did not find out how to get all resources displayed in it.
So new resources are displayed while some old ones are not.
But they are still in game and available.
Another problem is that it is not possible to use new icons to display the new resources. As example diesel and kerosene use the same icon as oil.
Because of that you may have an oil drum as icon with 0 as value while you are producing 4 oil. This is because the icon is the display for diesel or kerosen.

except for the usual denunciations once I got powerful enough
This is one of the things that I hate most in Civ V : your best friend in game will suddenly denunce you whithout any obvious reason.
Next step for this mod is to see if Thal found a way to change that and I will include it!

Hey. Started playing civ again after patch and tried out 5.1

CTD :(

Just when exploring a unknown land. Early game. Turn 80.
Playing as Babylon.

Got the autosave to reload, but after enetering classical era the game just froze on turn change.

Isn't there supposed to be biplanes? I downloaded it but the techtree only shows fighter, though it does have dive bomber. Where are the techs for earlier biplanes?

Sorry no prob, I found what I was looking for, I had v. 1 enabled oops! Tell me though, do the end at a certain era mods work with this?

@Hulgar If I wanted to end at the industrial era, say World War One, how can I make all your World War II techs be represented by the Modern Era, do you have an xml file? I wanted to play a domination game on TSL GEM, with your mod just to WWI tech (dreadnoughts, biplanes, etc.). Let me know if there is a way I can accomplish this. Thanks.

Hello Royco,

CTD

Happened to me once with this version.
I reloaded the game and tried to explore again at the same point. No crash this time.
So I don't know if this is the same bug as in Ver.4.
Worse : there is nothing in the early era that should crash the game so now I am not even sure that the bug is in the mod :confused:

Hello Nokmirt,

Tell me though, do the end at a certain era mods work with this?

I didn't try it, I will have to look at those mods to see which files they use.

You can easily deactivate some techs from my mod by tweaking this file : \Hulfgar Modpack\XML\Technologies.xml. All new techs are in it.

Hey. Started playing civ again after patch and tried out 5.1

CTD :(

Playing as Babylon.

Got the autosave to reload, but after enetering classical era the game just froze on turn change.

Cache was cleared, only mod installed, but nope. Can it be the babylonian civ or any other thats causing it?

Hello Royco,

Happened to me once with this version.
I reloaded the game and tried to explore again at the same point. No crash this time.
So I don't know if this is the same bug as in Ver.4.
Worse : there is nothing in the early era that should crash the game so now I am not even sure that the bug is in the mod :confused:

Hello Nokmirt,

I didn't try it, I will have to look at those mods to see which files they use.

You can easily deactivate some techs from my mod by tweaking this file : \Hulfgar Modpack\XML\Technologies.xml. All new techs are in it.

Yes, I will back it up and try that. Thanks.

Why are the units, members so small (I have like 16 tiny warriors in a unit, the original way was fine to me, in fact I am used to it)? Could I possibly change them back to normal somehow, just for my own use? If I could, how do I find CIV 5 original ART_DEF_UNITS? This way I can set yours up back to original. I wish they made it easier for us to mod, civ IV was so easy to deal with these issues. Other than that this mod is great.

Is it only for me this MOD wont work properly???

It hangs, freezes, lags. :cry:

Is there support for scandinavian civ?

This is the only mod i had on but not working beyond turn 100-120, no matter what!:crazyeye:

Hello Royco,

there is no reason why the scandinavian civ should not work with mod.

The only civ that could make problems is Spain :
I gave some "ethnic" units to Spain so if you don't have this DLC it should be disabled to avoid bugs.

All other "ethnic" units are on vanilla civs.
I may do something for the scandinavians (there is stuff for them with the Saab planes) but at this time they should work fine with the mod.

That's the same for Babylon or any other DLC civ.

It hangs, freezes, lags.

Could the reason be the size of the mod : 143 MB unpacked ?
Most of the mods are changing only xml and lua, they stay "small" in size.
Using new units skins makes the mod heavier, maybe it's a source for problems or instability.

I'm sorry that's is not working ok for you, that's like with the tech tree : on version 4 some people had a broken tech tree. But not everybody and I never had this problem.

It's hard enough to find a bug that everybody has, but for something that's only on some systems I don't know how to do.

I will still work on the mod and try to make it more stable.

Hello Royco,

there is no reason why the scandinavian civ should not work with mod.

The only civ that could make problems is Spain :
I gave some "ethnic" units to Spain so if you don't have this DLC it should be disabled to avoid bugs.

All other "ethnic" units are on vanilla civs.
I may do something for the scandinavians (there is stuff for them with the Saab planes) but at this time they should work fine with the mod.

That's the same for Babylon or any other DLC civ.

Could the reason be the size of the mod : 143 MB unpacked ?
Most of the mods are changing only xml and lua, they stay "small" in size.
Using new units skins makes the mod heavier, maybe it's a source for problems or instability.

I'm sorry that's is not working ok for you, that's like with the tech tree : on version 4 some people had a broken tech tree. But not everybody and I never had this problem.

It's hard enough to find a bug that everybody has, but for something that's only on some systems I don't know how to do.

I will still work on the mod and try to make it more stable.

Im not worried about heavyness off the MODs cause im on a highend pc here, will not be an issue.

But im running civ from via steam, that may crap it up, anyone else?

Im not worried about heavyness off the MODs cause im on a highend pc here, will not be an issue.

But im running civ from via steam, that may crap it up, anyone else?

I suppose it could be a steam issue. Hopefully, steam is a fad that faulters and goes by the wayside for CiVI. BRING BACK PRIVATE MODDING AGAIN!!! :) :D

It's a really good looking mod Hulfgar, but after i get to a certain point on the tech tree it doesn't allow me to choose a new tech to research, so i am stuck in a certain period.

This has happened with two different games (different civs too), is there a particular reason for this?

Hello Sappy,

there is no particular reason for this to happen.

I know that some people had this bug with version 4 but at this time I don't know ho to solve it.
It's disturbing because not everybody has this bug (on my PC the tech tree looks fine) so I'm not even sure that this bug is in the mod.

Do you have other mods enabled ?
What is the language of your game ?
Did you clear the mod's cache ?
Do you remember at which point the tech tree is broken ?

And if you have time : try to start a game at each different era, I would like to know if at some point the bug disappears.

Hello Sappy,

there is no particular reason for this to happen.

I know that some people had this bug with version 4 but at this time I don't know ho to solve it.
It's disturbing because not everybody has this bug (on my PC the tech tree looks fine) so I'm not even sure that this bug is in the mod.

Do you have other mods enabled ?
What is the language of your game ?
Did you clear the mod's cache ?
Do you remember at which point the tech tree is broken ?

And if you have time : try to start a game at each different era, I would like to know if at some point the bug disappears.

I don't have any other mods enabled, just yours.
The game language is English.
I don't know how to clear the mod's cache, but if someone tells me how then i can try that?
The tech tree breaks after i fill the opening screen of the tech tree, but i am unable to make the screen scroll to show the available techs (so the medieval era)

I will try and have a go at starting games in different era's, but this could take me a little time since i am a bit busy at the moment. But as soon as i do this i will let you know!

Thanks

I will try and have a go at starting games

For the test just start the game, select an era and found a city to open the tech screen, check if you have all techs displayed.

You don't need to play further I think.

To clear the cache open the cache folder in :
DRIVE:\Users\USER NAME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

and delete the file Civ5ModsDatabase.

For the test just start the game, select an era and found a city to open the tech screen, check if you have all techs displayed.

I usually delete the whole cache though :D

I tried to play it after deleting the cache and that didn't help.

I have just tried the advanced setup for all the era's and the only one that wouldn't work is the medieval era, after that i was able to play as normal. Also i am unable to scroll in the tech screen menu, which is a bit of a nuisense too!

Cheers

Top Bottom