Anyone still here?

Or we need a Lone Wolf smilie ;)

Spoiler :

I am here and I am doing my part. Right now on the beach without much internet, but this is temporary of course. So are the topless chicks of course :D

If anyone wants this place more populated, I think sticking around will be all it takes.

Why was I under impression that there is a tumbleweed smiley here? Must be in some other forum I frequent. Anyhow, I'm still checking in occasionally.

I suppose that for want of information you are the team for now.

6 months later... Unfortunately, if those who can log in don't post anything then for those of us who can't log in "sticking around" just ends up being an occasional look to see if the game over message has been posted yet, as we haven't got the foggiest idea whether we've got one city or one hundred. You sacked the team back in February. Though I genuinely wish you the best of luck in defeating those nefarious, hmm, whoever we're at war with (as it could be anyone by now).

I dont remember what happened with the team in February honestly. :)

I dont know why anyone could be unable to login to the game. I am not speaking about turnplaying, though this is not out of reach to anyone interested in it, it just needs dedication and coordination. Everyone have the login info for our team and if anyone is afraid to not mess diplo screens at first login for the turn, he can just wait for me (as the dedicated turnplayer) to login first time for the turn and then everyone is free to login and look as much as his heart desire.

As for whoever feels uncomfortable logging in to the game, but wants to reads the news, there is the APT site full of information about every possible aspect of the game. It requires simple registration. It even sends you a bulletin overview via e-mail, so you dont even need to visit it.

I dont remember what happened with the team in February honestly. :)

I dont know why anyone could be unable to login to the game. I am not speaking about turnplaying, though this is not out of reach to anyone interested in it, it just needs dedication and coordination. Everyone have the login info for our team and if anyone is afraid to not mess diplo screens at first login for the turn, he can just wait for me (as the dedicated turnplayer) to login first time for the turn and then everyone is free to login and look as much as his heart desire.

As for whoever feels uncomfortable logging in to the game, but wants to reads the news, there is the APT site full of information about every possible aspect of the game. It requires simple registration. It even sends you a bulletin overview via e-mail, so you dont even need to visit it.

Well, I do not think that this is the purpose of a MTDG. I am just a lurker, so I do not mind too much. But a couple of people would maybe like to give some comments on our actions.

I mean, are you playing the game alone, or is there any communication at some place (outside the forum)?

I am playing alone unfortunately, as all the guys still interested to some degree just want to see what is going on and I dont have RL possibility to showcase the game just for entertainment purpose. I mean I if someone is interested in actually playing in the game - great, I will discuss and chat and whatever strategy, tactics, or just plain nonsesnes, but ocasional popping each 30-th day of the month and saying "are we still playing this" can not motivate me to spend hour or two making reports or asking questions, the answers to which can not be really adequate, as no one knows the situation. I know, someone will say it is a loop - without reports, there cant be much interest, but I firmly believe whoever is interested enough, he can make some efforts in order to know what is going on and to get himself on speed.

I am playing alone unfortunately, as all the guys still interested to some degree just want to see what is going on and I dont have RL possibility to showcase the game just for entertainment purpose. I mean I if someone is interested in actually playing in the game - great, I will discuss and chat and whatever strategy, tactics, or just plain nonsesnes, but ocasional popping each 30-th day of the month and saying "are we still playing this" can not motivate me to spend hour or two making reports or asking questions, the answers to which can not be really adequate, as no one knows the situation. I know, someone will say it is a loop - without reports, there cant be much interest, but I firmly believe whoever is interested enough, he can make some efforts in order to know what is going on and to get himself on speed.

The last I recall, back when there were still a few occasional updates posted you were getting advice from Somerswerd and others, but each time it was clear there was some reason (previously unstated) why you'd already considered and rejected that option. In other words, that nobody but you had enough information on how you'd been planning and playing the game to contribute any more. It's not just a lack of screenshots, but information on your diplomacy dealings with our rivals, how the relationships with other teams stand, etc.

These things happen in long games. After a while, the information posted dips and it all becomes about the turn player. It's not a criticism of you, it's (as I understand it) a common way these games go.

First TFW stopped working, then the dropbox filled, then there's less time for making posts, and gradually the means of communication with the team ebbs away. Fundamentally, the snag is that Civ isn't set up with a team mechanic in mind, and maintaining all the coordination affordances separately isn't sustainable.

Hi everyone :wavey:

I was doing a lot of the picture-posting way back when. Sorry I completely up and disappeared. The baby and a much busier work schedule has meant basically no Civ for me since February.

I am still getting the apt updates via email though, so I am keeping up with the game a bit. The game seems to be moving very slow. I can actually go back in my emails and give a general report.

Back in February we were on T220. We were in a hot war with CivPlayers, lots of casualties on both sides, lots of espionage activity on both sides. CivPlayers were taking / razing a lot of our RB conquests. We were also at war with CivFr, as was our ally Apolyton. Not too much action happening on this front for us, though Poly was taking cities. We're barely in the score lead, basically tied with CP. Poly close behind us in 3rd.

Ouch, T222 saw a vicious counter-attack from CivFr, who are way behind score-wise.

Spoiler :
Your Cannon been killed from a Maya I Love Sid Meier flank attack
A I Love Sid Meier has damaged 7 of our units by flanking our defensive positions.
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya I Love Sid Meier!
A Soviet has damaged 7 of our units by flanking our defensive positions.
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Soviet!
A Cavalry has damaged 7 of our units by flanking our defensive positions.
While defending, your Rifleman was destroyed by a Maya Cavalry!
Your Cannon been killed from a Maya Cavalry flank attack
Your Cannon been killed from a Maya Cavalry flank attack
Your Catapult been killed from a Maya [civ]macleto flank attack
Your Cannon been killed from a Maya [civ]macleto flank attack
Your Catapult been killed from a Maya Rosieta flank attack
Your Catapult been killed from a Maya Rosieta flank attack
Your Catapult been killed from a Maya Inao flank attack
Vercingetorix (Great General) has been born in Miss Souris (Hulkmusclor)!
While defending, your Rifleman was destroyed by a Maya Cavalry!
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Cavalry!
While defending, your Grenadier was destroyed by a Maya Emphred!
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Jacktherabbit!
While defending, your Grenadier was destroyed by a Maya ParaBellum!
While defending, your Grenadier was destroyed by a Maya Rifleman!
While defending, your Rifleman has killed a Maya Rifleman!
While defending, your Grenadier was destroyed by a Maya Rifleman!
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Rifleman!
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Rifleman!
Charles Martel (Great General) has been born in Tirecul (Hulkmusclor)!
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Knight!
While defending, your Cavalry was destroyed by a Maya Knight!

Mid-March brought us T225. After losing a couple more cities, CP had taken the score lead at this point.

Civplayers/Daro I 2712
CFC/Kankan Musa 2521
lizzy/Elizabeth 2429
zioun/Mehmet II 2151
Hulkmusclor/Guillermo de Orange 1378

Diplomatically, looks like we were buying some units from UCiv (I might be confusing the two french teams, I think UCiv is our ally and CivFr is our enemy )

T230 fell in the end of April. We get serious, adopting Police State, Slavery and Theocracy.

T235 was in June. We adopt Free Speech and Caste System. Despite settling a bunch of new cities, we have fallen to 3rd place. Poly has catapulted to 1st.

lizzy/Elizabeth 2922
civplayers/Daro I 2836
CFC/Kankan Musa 2741
Hunter/Mehmet II 2379
Civfr/Guillermo de Orange 1459

We keep losing cities to CP, while settling new cities. T240 is in July, still lots of combat on every turn.

T241, our ally Poly joins the war against CP! :clap: Immediately loses a city to CP :wallbash:

And that pretty much gets us up to date. T243 started Aug 25, but I haven't seen an email for start of T244 yet.

Current score:

civplayers - Aztec-2958
mz-Ottomans-2714
CFC-India-2624
Nico-Holy Rome-2418
Hulkmusclor-Maya-1469

Yeah, thanks Yossa for the update. Long story short that is - I had to keep our army somewhat split between French border and CP border. This plus the always 5-6-7-8 turns technological advantage CP had allowed them to raze about 10 of our good cities in our west, including our Shrine city and the GP farm just 3-4 turns before we got our new GP. I managed to raze 2-3 of the new cities they had planted on the freed land. The dead tally so far must be heavy in CP's favor for the forementioned reasons. But we did survived and now when Poly joined the war versus CP, it is time for revenge. Our two armies combined greatly outnumber CP and we hope to turn this in to our most powerful tool and damage severely CP. CP are not giving up without a fight. Actually, in the first turn of the war they managed to raze Aurora - Poly's capitol and best city in the world. At least now we know Poly is dedicated to fighting CP to the end :)

So 2metra, what do you think about the end-game options. Do you have any desire to continue playing it on?

Thanks for bringing this question here, Yossa.

For all others, we had a chat about this with Bsitrita/Mackoti and Yossa. Here is what we said to each- other with Bistrita, which I think summarizes very well our feelings :

we are talking about ending isdg
Изпратено в 9:15, събота
Macedon: is about time
man
is near 2015

аз: one option is to call the game on score in 25 turns, other is to just keep playing without pauses and the turn split made to 2-way instead of 4 as of now. or calling a tie between the top 3 powers
Macedon: the third is best for you
i supose
аз: ot4e wanted the game called on an order of 1.Poly 2.CP 3.CFC 4.Uvic 5.CivFR, but I wont agree to this. CP are just being invaded by me and MZ with like 300 units
ah, yes, third option will be best of course
Macedon: so you can do a poly
cfc
all 3 winner is the best
аз: otherwise, we have to still kill off CP, then CivFR from where MZ will come ahead, but maybe with not much, if Uciv keeps siding with us
Macedon: is tedious man
with that many units
and power so balanced
аз: I agree it takes a lot of time and efforts
Macedon: if everyone would play to win
i think posible would be just score win
at 2050
аз: this too
Macedon: everithing else imposible
аз: why not space?
sabbotaging?
Macedon: casue sabo and you produce space parts i atack you
the diference is not that big
and is getting bad
i think all 3 deserve the victory
аз: yes, those were the teams who invested most and were the teams who shaped the course of the game
Macedon: yup
if wasnt the blody french war
cfc would have been the superpower
that costed us alot

So, I would love to hear any other opinions on the matter before I post our team official preference.

My 2c should probably be discounted heavily as I've not been closely involved. But here's my rambling thoughts...

It seems to me that calling a three-way draw would be reasonable if the three top teams think that's fair (as it sounds like it's close enough that diplo could sway it in any of the top teams' favour).

Voting poly the winner because they happen to be top at the mo (but it might be transitory) seems a little arbitrary. Doing something like declaring always peace or always war seems like it amounts to the same thing -- stripping out diplo to the advantage of whoever happens currently to be leading in one metric or another. Caledorn's comments on how other games have been played are interesting (personally I like the diplo-free idea of a game as otherwise you can Survivor the game by repeatedly forming alliances of the majority and effectively voting the others out rather than playing them out). But this game has been diplo-centric all the way through -- if it were diplo-free RB would have won it, but with diplo they were toast -- so suddenly flipping the nature of the game seems a bit cheesy.

If a play-off is needed (and changing the rules sounds like a play-off) then perhaps change them on a fresh map with whatever diplo-free & fast rules the players agree. Eg, you could set up a three- or four-way always peace rennaissance-start duel on a smaller map with a short timer. Have a fairly balanced map, and then let the teams pick their leader/civ/starting-space according to the current order of teams by score.

But whatever happens, we can't unreasonably shackle you to the game -- playing on rather than calling a draw has to depend on whether you'd even be interested in doing that.

I'd be in favor for the three-way-draw option. Of course, I don't do any of the work with this ISDG, so if this doesn't taste good to those who do, please say so.

I'd be in favor for the three-way-draw option. Of course, I don't do any of the work with this ISDG, so if this doesn't taste good to those who do, please say so.

I think 2metra is the only one still doing the work for this game. It's up to you buddy, whatever you want to do.

fwiw, I don't mind the 5-way draw option. If you don't want to give the treacherous French a win though, I support playing on also.

Top Bottom