Making Civ5-inspired turn-based strategy

the_a

Chieftain
Hi guys!

I am a huge fan of turn-based strategies. My favored TBS games are Master of Orion 2 and Civilizition 5. Civ5 is a great game, but it takes too much time to finish it even on 'fast' speed. I like Civ and I don't want to complain. All I wanted was turn-based strategy with shoter playtime... and I started to make my own game.

Here is it:
http://echa.itch.io/50-years-alpha

I should say it is not a global strategy (not XXXX). Also I have to apologise for any mistakes in the game's texts. (I am not a native English speaker. Feel free to correct me.)

Looking forward for your feedback.

I am with you on the tbs and Moo, but never could get into civ5. Still play civ3. Good luck on the game, that is a hard under taking for a single person.

Thank you, vmxa!

There are two things in Civ5 I like a lot: leader choosing on start and social policies. Somtimes I start the game over just to choose a leader again. (Many of my Civ5 games were infinished :( ) But I like leaders' unique abilities.

I don't quite sure why I like social policies. Maybe it's because of their immediate effect (compared with science). (When I choose tech in science tree I need to complete it first. Then, I need to build unit/building given by this tech.)

Top Bottom