Community Patch - How To Install

I think, i've did something wrong ^^

http://prntscr.com/7m409i

I can't read new bonus stuff while the selection.
When the game is started, i can read it :) ( I've followed the "Language Guide" )

As you see, some digits are not on their place...
http://prntscr.com/7m46fd

So, what have i done wrong? :)

And yes..Do this mod working in online?

P.S. Is it possible to manually translate the english texts into russian w/o any programming knowledges? Actually, i can understand everything on added stuff but the mixed game of my native language+english doesn't look well :)
Also, my father enjoys this game aswell, but he won't understand anything if i'll suggest that to him (._. )

I'm not sure what the problem is - seems like the civilopedia isn't registering the lua correctly. I'll take a look and get back to you. In the meantime, can you get the game to start?

Also, regarding translations, see this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=539883&highlight=german

One question though--When I'm ingame there is no option to "Load" a game from the screen, just Save, Exit to Main Screen and Exit to Windows. Is this an error? I have used other mods but this is the first time experiencing this.

As Mitch said, it is to keep you from loading in-game, which is not a good idea for custom DLLs.

Also, make sure to post your bug reports in the bug reports thread, not here!

G

Is someone able to take a look at my screenshot I just took and see if anything looks wrong? I've installed all the recommended and optional mods and the patches, everything except health and plague. I had lots of problems after I installed everything... my game would CTD when I tried to start a new game, or when I got into the game I couldn't click on any units or settle or anything. But now I've finally got a game going. Haven't noticed anything major yet, but my diplomacy button at the top right of the screen doesn't work. I click it and nothing happens. I'm guessing it's because all the diplomacy features are now on the right of the screen. But is the diplomacy button still meant to be there then? Or have I installed something wrong?

Here's the screenshot - http://i.imgur.com/qPfkCuy.jpg

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was afraid of, I did a search for it and that's what someone said in a post but that was from 2011. Just wondering if things had changed and while I've used lots of mods in the past this is the first time I've come across it. Sorry I posted it here

I'm not sure what the problem is - seems like the civilopedia isn't registering the lua correctly. I'll take a look and get back to you. In the meantime, can you get the game to start?

Also, regarding translations, see this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=539883&highlight=german

As Mitch said, it is to keep you from loading in-game, which is not a good idea for custom DLLs.

G

Yes, i can start the game w/o any problems. Also i can read the civilopedia but only when i've launched the game ( picked a nation and pressed Start ). So i don't get any "Attemt errors". Only while selection.

With digits - it was my mistake. I've thought they were displaced :)

With the translation - is there any simple methods to change the information at the game, live? Like : I see a new upcoming new message on English language -> Double click on it & i am now able to change the text into what i like :)

If not - > May you enable this function? I'm pretty sure, there will be alot of people who will translate this mode and also share it on this forum -> So you will get multilanguage mode & increase amount of people ^^

I'm sure this has been asked before, but why are there 2 CP folders zipped, both with 'v. 66' included?

G

I have no idea what u've did, but now it's working! :) Thx you! =)

Hi there, i've followed all the instructions on installing the community patch. But when i turn on the game and go into the "Mods" section, I can't seem to enable the Community Patch. It says "This version of the game is not compatible with this mod", the Civ 5 which i'm running is 1.0.3.18 along with G&K and BNW.

Have I done some mistake in the installation process ?

Hi there, i've followed all the instructions on installing the community patch. But when i turn on the game and go into the "Mods" section, I can't seem to enable the Community Patch. It says "This version of the game is not compatible with this mod", the Civ 5 which i'm running is 1.0.3.18 along with G&K and BNW.

Did you delete LUAs? Do you have all the DLCs? Note that you need ALL leader DLCs.

Required:
Community Patch

Optional:
Community Balance Patch

Optional, but must be used together:
CSD
C4DF

If using CSD and C4DF, but not EUI:
CBP-Compatibility (No-EUI)

If using CSD, C4DF, and EUI:
CBP-Compatibility (EUI Version)

Optional, can be used individually:
More Luxuries (requires the More Luxuries Standalone Compatibility file if not using a CBP Compatibility file from above)
Events and Decisions (see below)
Health and Plague (see below) and Compatibility file

Final Install Steps:
If using EUI, make sure to place the EUI (CBP Version), unzipped, in your DLC folder! All other mod files should be in your MODS folder.
If using the CBP, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder!
If using one of the CBP Compatibility Mods, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Balance Patch mod folder!
Once you have installed all the mods you wish to use, open Civ 5, navigate to your Mods menu, and enable all of the mods you wish to use.

To be sure, I redid the whole procedure but it still doesn't allow me to enable the mod. I do have all the DLCs along with the 43 leaders. I deleted the LUAs regarding the Community balance patch.

Question: does the EUI for CBP replace the normal EUI? As in, if I have the normal EUI installed, should I delete it in order to use the EUI for CBP?

I heard that Mods that use a custom DLL cannot be run with the Mac.

Hi guys. I've installed this mod and liked it a lot. Thank you for great work. But I have a problem. I have installed:
  • Community Patch
  • Community Balance Patch
  • CSD
  • C4DF
  • EUI for CBP
  • CBP-Compatibility (EUI Version)
  • More Luxuries
  • Events and Decisions
Regarding final Install Steps:
  1. If using EUI, make sure to place the EUI (CBP Version), unzipped, in your DLC folder! All other mod files should be in your MODS folder. – DONE.
  2. If using the CBP, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder! – DONE.
  3. If using one of the CBP Compatibility Mods, delete the LUA folder in the main Community Balance Patch mod folder! – DONE.
  4. Once you have installed all the mods you wish to use, open Civ 5, navigate to your Mods menu, and enable all of the mods you wish to use. – DONE.
All above works like a charm.

However, I wanted to install also Health and Plague. When I install it along with its Compatibility file, I delete CBP-Compatibility (EUI Version) mod. I understand it is a proper thing to do as instructions say that it’s “NOT compatible with EUI compatibility files”.

The game launches alright, but game interface is messed up – I can’t enter city build queue.

If I don’t install Community Balance Patch - Health and Plague Compatibility (v 1), interface is messed up really bad.

When I was experimenting with compatibility patches I deleted contents of Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\ folder

What is it I did wrong? How can I make Health and Plague work?

I ran into an issue. I created a map and tested it. Works fine without mods. But when I tried to play with Community Patch etc, I always spawned next to a natural wonder with about 2-6 other starting groups (some of the AI players' settler, warrior etc).

I disabled all the mods but Community Patch and Community Balance Patch, I still spawn with the horde. I disable the balance patch (so only Community Patch was enabled) and I still spawn with the other groups at a natural wonder.

I've tried multiple leaders (Casamir, Enrico, Pocatello, Ramses) with multiple start biases. I do not have any player spawns set. City states do have set spawns. Disabling the start bias has no effect.

I can provide the map file if that helps

I've got a few questions (regarding CP, not CBP).
1a. Regarding AI, do I need to get the smart AI enabler from picknmixmods?
1b. Do I need to do anything to to enable artificial unintelligence? (eg artificial unintelligence lite for xml-files)

2. I'd like to use Civ 4 diplo, but I don't want to use CSD. Can I use Whoward's Civ4 diplo-enabler to get those options?

Top Bottom