GoobNES02: The Cold Civil War [Preview Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll talk to Goober about the Soviet stats. In some parts the Soviets are way overpowered and in some ways...well...I would like to know what Goober was thinking.

One thing to keep in mind guys is that these stats are a Draft version. I am working on a final version, organizing nations by the alliances, etc. Please bear with me, I have to deal with the slowness of CFC and the crappiness of my ISP.

By the end of today, I should have everything completed. I will keep you guys informed. In the meantime, I would appreciate any and all feedback about what I have done thus far, critism, comments, suggestions, whatever. Remember, the only way this NES will get better is through feedback!

Nation: France
Player:
Government Type: Republican Democracy (7)
Economy: Normal (4/6/0/12)
Military:
Army: 265,000 Regulars, 1,200 Special, 2,230 Tanks
Navy: 2 Aircraft Carriers, 6 Battleships, 10 Destroyers, 15 Frigates, 8 Submarines
Air Force: 210 Fighters, 50 Bombers, 120 Interceptors
Size: 5
Industrialization: 9
Education and Health: 8
Stability: 10
Trade: 6
Current Projects:
Completed Projects:

France.

Welcome! Nice to see some veterans here! Good choices, btw, both exciting and challenging nations.

Hey, my avatar even says, "Feeling like a veteran." Even though its a song lyric. :p

I'd like my question answered :crazyeye:

Gelion said:
Will you still be byased aganist Communist and Fashist regimes? ;)

Well, Hello Mr Gelion :D

Yes, you are very right, in my previous NES, Fallout, I was biased towards some nations and players, and against others. All that I can say is that I have learned from experience. Having Modded a NES, which worked out far better then I had hoped, I now have much more experience, and I like to think that I am much less biased.

All that I can really say is that I learned from my previous mistakes. You will not be able to do what you could do in Fallout, like silver flipping between Communism, Fascism and Democracy rapidely, or Feanor with his massive Fascist African nation. That old expression "live a bit, learn a bit" comes to mind. I also have an Economics class under my belt, and that has helped me changed my Economic system quite a bit.

The basic answer is no. I am entering this totally calm, totally peaceful, and unbiased. I will do my best to maintain that. Besides, there is only one Fascist regime, that being Spain. Everybody else is Democratic, Communist, or Military Dictatorship.

This sounds like very good news. All I have to do now is re-read the history and I'm on board :D

:goodjob:

Nation: Cuba
Player:
Government Type: Communist Dictatorship (1)
Economy: Functioning (3/1/0/6)
Military: Soviet troops based here.
Army: 62,000 Regulars, 120 Tanks
Navy: 3 Destroyers, 6 Frigates
Air Force: 55 Fighters, 20 Bombers
Size: 2
Industrialization: 5
Education and Health: 6
Stability: 8
Trade: 2
Current Projects:
Completed Projects:

Welcome Josef and SB! And good to hear that Gelion. I am on MSN if you need any clarifications or explanations.

KENTHARU, I HATE YOU. DIE DIE, DIE DIE. I WANT CARRIBEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Oh well, I call Egypt

No map? As a lurker of the first one, I have to say I found it incredibly hard to really relate the words to a global situation without having a map to reference (then again, reading the alt-hist thread usually gives me this problem too). One could probably be assembled easily enough...

Goober said:
Welcome Josef and SB! And good to hear that Gelion. I am on MSN if you need any clarifications or explanations.

Unfortunatelly I officially have to go to sleep so I cant get on. From what I read so far there are only two things of cocern. First is the well spread myth about general Winter defeating Hitler near Moscow :p which is okay....

Second, which is imporant, is the total lack of nucelar weapons in the stats. Range is not very important, but numbers are. This is one of the determinants of foreign policy. Please include that :)

Me I'ma gona go sleep.

I thought you were from England:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom