The House of Nesser-A CK2 Succession Game!

Nuka-sama

See ya! It has been a fun decade!
Hello all, and welcome to the CK 2 Succession game of NESers! A discussion between myself and EQandcivfanatic lead to the concept of a Succession game held between nesers!

It's rather simple. Each of us will play a single monarch from the start of their reign to their death, trying to navigate the intricacies of the realm.

We do have a few people signed up already, however we will be using this thread to post periodic updates on the realm and how it is doing, and for the use of potential reserve players. We may even solicit advice from the court! Feel free to post interest as a substitue, or that you are watching the climb of our glorious dynasty! Maybe we'll name a third son after you or something

The Distinguished House of Nesser
1. Nuka
2. EQandCivfanatic
3. thomas.beruberug
4. Shadowbound
5. Lord_Iggy

The Less Distinguished but still Honorable Cadet Branch of the House of Nesser
1. Terran Emperor
2. Arrow Gamer
3. ???

Things to Decide:

-Starting Location, Date
-Coat of Arms
-DLC to toggle on/off (I don't have Charlemagne)

Rules
-Child naming rules (?)
-Have up to one week from receiving the save to completing the save.
-A substitute can be called upon from the list if the original player has not made contact with any of the players (or if the original player is unavailable for that week).
-If the player misses 2 turns in a row, then they will be assumed to have married a commoner and will be banished from the House of Nesser
-Ironman rules? (not for achievements0
------

As for starting location, I am ok with either 1066 or 867 (Old Gods). I think Sweden or Norway could be a very easy location to start from? Other possibilities off the top of my head are Wales or Ireland, or we could also do Eastern Europe too! Whatever you guys think!

Start date?

Have never played CK 2 Succession game before, so can anyone tell me a bit about the rules/what this is about?

-Child naming rules: In my opinion, Use the names thrown up by the generator, unless you've got one that fits well, narratively.
-Have up to one week from receiving the save to completing the save: Sure
-A substitute can be called upon from the list if the original player has not made contact with any of the players (or if the original player is unavailable for that week). Sure
-If the player misses 2 turns in a row, then they will be assumed to have married a commoner and will be banished from the House of Nesser Sure
-Ironman rules? (not for achievements) Sure

Earliest possible starting date. Also, I'd like all the DLC, since i have them all, but I understand if we have to play with less than that. Way of Life is a must though, as I honestly can't imagine playing without it. Ideally, whoever starts us off should have Ruler Designer so we can set up a custom house Nesser.

My suggestion is that our starting nation should be one that could form HRE, because that would probably be a good deal of fun.

I agree: my intent was to use ruler designer to create a House of Nesser, which is why I proposed the talk about the banner :) I could also be willing to pick up way of life. What about Sunset Invasion?

Also, if we do 867, there is no HRE to start in. Avoiding the Karlings, we can be King of Moravia or Bavaria though?

Pass on sunset invasion, I'm not a big fan. I'm good on any particular nation really, though preference is to pagan or Christian.

With ruler designer, what could be fun is doing the Viking Ummah XD. Aside from Muslim vikings, I'm OK with Christian/pagans, and though I'd personally support Sunset Invasion I'm fine with turning it off.

Will be watching this with a vengeance!

Please name a character after me. Nobody too vital, but someone with a chance of doing something interesting, please :D

I will name my firstborn after you. Panzer "the Daft".

If we make it to Sunset Invasion, then we should do the Sunset Invasion.

When do we want to start? Because we can add people to the list pretty easily even after the game starts. I'd be down to starting King Thomas of House Nesser right now, even.

Wait up thomas ;)

So far, I support the starting of the Old Gods, but it seems the rest are in favor of the Charlegmane start date? However, aside from that, we have no consensus at all on where we want to start.

So far, Switzerland/HRE has 2 votes (if we take EQ's vote to include Switzerland), while thomas and myself are supportive of Scandinavia, while Shadow supports Poland(?) Considering that we can use ruler designer, we can play around with what we want so we should also address religion (I'm in favor of Islam if we do the Vikings, but I could do Pagan/Christian as well).

@Shadowbound, I assume your posting is indication that you'd like to be our 5th?

Top Bottom