Medieval reskin shop

Moving only upper body parts doesn't work, it's hard to explain, but look at how shooting a gun or throwing a javelin looks and imagine what happens when you cut it from abdomen down and put in a static position - you'll shoot to the side, basically. Then if you copy the pelvis to fix it, you have to copy the legs as well, or they swing left and right, and if you do that, then the rider no longer sits in the seat. I'll take another shot at it (the javelin/crossbow for now) but so far that's how it looks.

As for the other idea - I haven't seen a falconet anywhere, and can't imagine fitting it in such a small space, at least with the rider in place.

Yes, I understand the bone structure of a unit nif. But both animations I suggested, unlike, say, rifleman or infantry, attach without twisting their waists. Both machinegunner and chinese hand cannonier would probably work with "upper body transplant", since they will likely work reasonably well without moving the pelvis bone, only from spine upwards. Still, I understand your reluctancy to mess with camels again. :)

I actually very much await your mounted skirmisher as well!

It's not just camels, I have this problem with the mounted javelinman. I tried doing upper body parts only while doing the camels, and had to eventually copy both pelvis and lower limbs otherwise the animations looked silly. The pro way would be to edit the animations in 3DS or Blender I guess but I have no life already ;)

I see why infantry-camel might be a bit hard then, bu I wonder then if you (or someone) could make a Bulgarian horseman bu equipping the vannila Horse Archer with a sword (leave the bow on his back, just for effect). There are already animations for this (Companion Cavalry etc.). I also wonder if you (or the someone who creates this) can include the animations, as somehow half of my Alexander (the Warlords mod) files have disappeared, including most of the Units...

Just asking if anyone could upload the Animations for the Companion Cavalry unit that came with the Alexander Mod. My Warlords is kind of crapped, so I only have some of the Units included, and Companion Cavalry is not one of them...

@vaBear, regarding the Bulgarian horseman, it's not a lot of work I guess, but have you seen the Bagatur / Bulgarian Horseman, or is that not fitting? It's reskinned too.

That bulgarian Horseman is just perfect
Also, why did i not see those animations for your units ambrox, i have downloaded them at least a dozen times... :blush:

I don't know if you take requests Embryo, but I was wondering if you could make some Timurid units for me. Any units would be awesome, but if you could make some that I could use for the Ancient era (Axeman, Archer, Spearman, Swordsman, Horseman, Chariot) and some I could use for the Medieval era (Crossbowman, Longbowman, Maceman, Pikeman and Knight) that would be awesome. :goodjob:

I figure they'd fit in with the rest of the units you've made as far as time period and region goes.

Yes, timurid units would be nice :goodjob:

I thought you requested Timurid units from me Capo?
Not that I mind or care, I would also be happy if embryodead made some Timurid units (I get to check one unit pack off my list!), but if you request things from multiple people, you will have a number of people working on the same thing, which is bad form and all that. :crazyeye:

Wow, just saw your turkish units. Awesome job!!
I'm sure Capo made a honest mistake, but if I may ask: besides the Timurids what else is on your list Bakuel?

He musta been drunk ;) I've taken one request, but seeing that I've mostly bastardized a few Bakuel's or ambrox's units, I'm not quite up for the task tbh. And whooooah, looks like I'll have to replace my Turkish cavalry with the real deal, the news Turks & Khazars are a dream come true really, half of the civs I use are Turkic one way or another :)

I honestly would be very happy if you feel like making them embyrodead if you ever change your mind, I really like your textures more then my own anyway. And it would give me one less request to fufill. :mischief:

@AbsintheRed
Check out the thread I made for the Turkish units for my project list.

I thought I had requested them from you Bakuel, and you told me you were a bit too busy to fit them in and suggested I tried making them. So I did, and in a much more polite way than what I am about to say, you told me they sucked. :blush:

I didn't realize you said you would do them, I Just saw it in your thread, so if you'd like to make them that'd be perfectly fine by me. I just figured if you weren't going to do them I'd ask ED. So yeah... make them Bakuel... if you dare... :mischief:

@AbsintheRed
Check out the thread I made for the Turkish units for my project list.

Just checked the other thread too
And it's awesome we get to see so many superb Bakuel units (hopefully) soon :D:D

Haven't got around do to a working mounted javelinman, I've been doing other things, namely modding, so this will be mostly a shameless plug: a beta version of the Middle Eastern mod, for which this thread's units were originally made, has been released here:

Click me!

Not to be completely off-topic it features some new infantry reskins, seen in the front (Ghulam Guard, Varangian Guard, Armenian Vishap Infantry, Sudanese Mercenary and Pashtun Warrior):

Yay!!!! More Broken Crescent themed units!
I'm checking out the mod.

Top Bottom