Final Fixes Reborn

Thank you, so much, for the Dragon's Hoard typo. I've fixed it myself like half a dozen times over the years but it's really nice to finally be able to say that's it, okay, it's not gonna get reverted. Thank you.

building "Dowsing" on standart map (Scions) give repeateble MAF
here two saves

Attachments

• single.7z
    710.9 KB · Views: 166
Thanks a lot.
Downloaded, testing.

What I just did :
- copy your two saves to ...Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\single
- launch RifE
- load the 1st save (turn 66)
- game says I must restart to load RifE . I've no clue why.
- game restarts and loads the save automatically (I can see the city will complete dowsing in 1 turn)
- I order "Next turn". Dowsing is complete, without any visible bug
- load the 2nd save (turn 68)
- same result: the dowsing completes without a crash

I don't know (yet) how to track your bug. Let's think together. :p
1) Do you have the classic version of civ or the steam one? (mine is classical)
2) How do you launch RifE? With RifE launcher ("...\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus\RifELauncher.exe") or with something more generic (...\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise from Erebus)
I personally always use the launcher that RifE team created.
3) I think I never used dowsing (too busy producing buildings, units or research). What should the result of this spell look like? (note to self: dowsing does not seem to exist in FFH2. Check when it appeared. FF, RifE?)

If another player could download masaykh saves and tell us how the game behaves, I would be very grateful.

--------------------------------
PS: Other test:
- create a shortcut "...\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" "mod=\Rise from Erebus"
- launch the game using this shorcut instead of RifE launcher
- load the 1st save (turn 66)
- the game doesn't ask for a restart and loads the savegame
- still no problem completing the dowsing.

game started using Civ4BeyondSword.exe mod=\Rise from Erebus , classic version
i use win 7...and i move game to vitrual machine with xp...it is too problematic to play in win7

Dowsing reveals all resources that exist on the map but are otherwise unviewable (for example, Mithril before Mithril working, pearls). It is useful for city placement.

By the way, great mod! :) You've done an excellent job! I was wondering if there were any plans for the Cualli, as they're rather underwhelming. They lack happiness from religions, and the terraforming means they generally lack commerce as well.

iirc, MAF are linked to reaching the memory limits

also, the issue with a savegame restarting the game to the same mod is caused by extra backslash somewhere when specifying the mod via parameter, but idk what exactly it was

i use win 7...and i move game to vitrual machine with xp...it is too problematic to play in win7
:eek: Whaaat ???
1) Windows 7 has no compatibility problem with the game. I play civ4 on Win7 64 bits and it's essentially the same experience as with XP.
2) Did you try your save directly on Windows 7?

@Mr_Hobo: Thanks for the tip :)
Cualli: Viatos wrote earlier on this subject that their gameplay feels bad.
Viatos said:
The Cualli are a slave-taking religious race with no temples and no benefit from slaves. I'd suggest stealing or adapting mechanics from the Mekara and giving them at least a temple unlocked at philosophy. +1 anger, +2 hammers, allows a priest, units in the city get some random Agruonn-relevant promotion.
I've never played with them. I need at least a game or two to understand how they're meant to be played and find how they could be improved. (it's noted as bug 138)

And there's so much to change that I can't promise you any delay.
If you have some time, could you write a few sentences detailing a possible strategy with them (or link an already existing one)? That way, I'd learn them quicker.

i plying in bare win7 and tried on vmware with xpsp3 right now - i got MAF ...
on other saves i dont have MAFs so frequetly so in xp game felt better)

playing for Scions i found that Never disabled - why?
racial hero Korinna Protector linked to that tech.. so i cant get it...
also it have some strange things...like Display ALL units in pedia - why this tech made so cheaterous?

Because either you have Korinna already, or you have her as leader, and therefore won't ever have her. So her tech is "Never", because you should "Never" be able to build her (spot the similarity and you'll figure out what that tech is about ...).

Woot- there is work still being done on this mod-mod?! :goodjob::king:

I am a C++ developer - and may be able to assist with that side of things (emphasis on maybe - my C++ is strong, my AI is weak, and I know nothing about the Civ DLL really).

But whether I can help or not, I'm glad to see you are and that this excellent (but incomplete / buggy) mod still has some life being breathed into it. :D

Woot- there is work still being done on this mod-mod?! :goodjob::king:

I am a C++ developer - and may be able to assist with that side of things (emphasis on maybe - my C++ is strong, my AI is weak, and I know nothing about the Civ DLL really).

But whether I can help or not, I'm glad to see you are and that this excellent (but incomplete / buggy) mod still has some life being breathed into it. :D

Hired! :D

My C++ is still weak: I installed Visual C++ Express for the first time 5 days ago, and I'm learning step after step. I began by solving C++ bugs related to civilopedia links: it's easier. (bugs #97 and #110 in the spreadsheet)

I see plenty things to change in the DLL, not all of them being the AI. So I think it may be the beginning of a fruitful cooperation. :goodjob:

I'm sending you my e-mail in a PM, so we can discuss easily
Bye.
Ronkhar

The fix for obsidian should check whether there's a resource on the tile before it places obsidian there, glad it's finally fixed though!

The fix for obsidian should check whether there's a resource on the tile before it places obsidian there, glad it's finally fixed though!

Well, at first, I hadn't realized the "findClearPlot" function doesn't look specifically for resource-free tiles.
Then I thought:
Ronkhar's (possibly insane) mind said:
Hey! It's far more realistic this way: A lava flow doesn't try to avoid precious things. It obeys it's only master: gravity.

Do you feel it's too harsh?

PS: It could be worse: the volcano could kill units or destroy a city. :p

Well, at first, I hadn't realized the "findClearPlot" function doesn't look specifically for resource-free tiles.
Then I thought:

Do you feel it's too harsh?

PS: It could be worse: the volcano could kill units or destroy a city. :p

As the volcano event is so common and can strike anywhere, I think it is slightly harsh, in my latest game, the volcano removed a source of reagents. Luckily I had another one, but if it was to remove an resource that was important to the game, that would suck.

Also, I think the Elohim visiting UFs and getting traits might be broken, as they can get so many traits this way that it makes them rather OP. Maybe a maximum of one trait this way, or remove it and give UFs a new bonus?

I'm a fan of the Elohim mechanic used here for settlers (not so much the monks, I don't feel they need more UU stuff)

Considering that it's apparently a WildMana mod, I very much doubt it.

But looking at the feature list, I see nothing in there that would take a huge amount of work to port. Although if you do, you might want to consider that RifE has a different feature set that might make different mechanics more desirable.

Because either you have Korinna already, or you have her as leader, and therefore won't ever have her. So her tech is "Never", because you should "Never" be able to build her (spot the similarity and you'll figure out what that tech is about ...).

i opened tech xml file and found Disable tag = 1 so i changed it ot 0 and got this tech
but i dont got Korinna as i have her as leader. BUT i dont have that tech at all - and tech give some strange things! look at it please!

That's the thing - you're not supposed to get it. It's called Never because it's there to clarify that any unit or building that are associated with it are ones that can never built normally.

Korinna only ever appears in the game when the Scion civ is created at the start of the game, if they don't have Korinna as a leader - if they do, then she can never appear in the game at all. Trying to unlock the tech will only break the game, in a lot of ways.

There's really nothing to do about it, and nothing to look at in the code - if you are Korinna, you will not have the Korinna Hero Unit. That's just the way it was designed.

Top Bottom