(BNW) Egyptian units next to my city(WAR?!?)

mineben256

Chieftain
7 or so Egyptian units are near my city, and I think next turn he will declare war. (Turn 154, Epic) I am building units now to counter this threat. Should I declare WAR?!?

Share a screenshot? If you don't want war, you can always try to bribe them to attack someone else, or bribe someone else to attack them. It may not work, but it's worth a shot.

If you do, don't worry too much about who declares war. Taking cities by force is a much stronger diplo penalty than declaring war. If you want their cities, try to take it from them in a peace deal, or just use the war as an excuse to get a ton of income in a surrender peace deal.

Do not declare war. Just recruit a few more units and wait for him, you have advantage when defending your cities. also, when you defeat his army, you can counter attack his cities. if he offers you peace, demand gold, luxury and/or even a city.

Sorry... here is a screenshot of the situation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 2.21.22 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 2.21.22 PM.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 148
Looks like Marathon, so nothing can be done quickly. Hopefully your military is not just a warrior and a pathfinder, but in any event you definitely should bribe him to DOW someone else, or bribe someone else to DOW him. Your military is too weak for 1 or 2 rush-bought units to make a real difference (not that you have the gold for that anyway). I see you have 2 spare horses. Do you also have a spare lux to trade?

It's epic, but no, I do not have a spare lux to trade (I already traded it with Egypt earlier) or any more military. I usually don't make a lot of units unless it's in wartime like this and I didn't see a backstab coming.

Really? That army can't take your capital so it doesn't matter, as long as you focus the melee units its GG for Egypt

Really? That army can't take your capital so it doesn't matter, as long as you focus the melee units its GG for Egypt

Not really.If they can take the city bottom-left of my capital it's over for me.:eek:
What exactly do you mean by focusing the melee units? What exactly did you mean by "focusing"?

Not really.If they can take the city bottom-left of my capital it's over for me.:eek:
What exactly do you mean by focusing the melee units? What exactly did you mean by "focusing"?

If you kill all the melee units he can't take the city. So ignore the archers and pick off the melee units then all he can do is pillage and knock your cities down. If you have walls in your southern city you should be able to hang tight. Try to sell your horses and buy an archer ASAP. If Egypt declares war you'll get that lux back also and you can sell that too.

Yeah, kill the melee units. Focus on defense. I'd say focus on the capital because you can't realistically defend more than one city at a time with what you have. Keep your units alive and fight smart fights.

Absolutely no point in preemptively declaring war unless you can kill something useful, but I can't possibly see how.

Top Bottom