Guess the New Civs

Even after this expansion? Friends, I think it's inevitable that the Portuguese will be in at some point given the feature list.

Even after this expansion? Friends, I think it's inevitable that the Portuguese will be in at some point given the feature list.

I wouldn't be opposed to the Portuguese being added as a DLC later on, but I'd also like to see another African and American civ, and perhaps another Asian one as well.

Well, the Renaissance scenario aspect is irrelevant since the civs for that is locked. I don't really associate Portugal with modern espionage.

For the rest, Indonesia strikes me as just as close a fit.

Hopefully won't be long at all from now!

Sweden or Zulu are my guess. I think a lot of it might well come down to which ones they feel are most marketable on their own as DLC - for example, how Denmark or Korea did next to Polynesia.

My 2 cents, just for the heck of it:

My heart says to include Kongo. It's just too cool not to!

My head says to include the Majapahit or Sri Vajaya (Indonesia is a 230-million-strong nation today, so who wouldn't want to sell games there? Also, these empires are neat!)

I would accept the inclusion of Brazil - South America is under-represented, and Brazil isn't too much younger than the USA. Also a huge potential market.

I would not be happy with another European civilization, especially in the West or even in the Far North or East. I just think we have enough!

Tibet would be amazing, but controversial in the world's largest gaming market - China. Israel would be a blessing, but controversial in the billion-person market that is the Mid-East. Another Native American Civ would rock, but I don't even know who that would be, since there are scores of equally-deserving candidates. Zulu would be OK, but if I ever have to start next to Shaka in a game of Civ ever again, I may start crying.

Whatever happens, I am excited for today's announcement :)

Disclaimer: These are just my hunches/opinions and I make no claims about the moral rightness of including any of these.

Well, the Renaissance scenario aspect is irrelevant since the civs for that is locked. I don't really associate Portugal with modern espionage.

For the rest, Indonesia strikes me as just as close a fit.

I don't either. I associate them with Renaissance espionage; the matters involving New World discoveries and Iberian politics, which greatly influenced the formation of the modern age.

I guess this thread really is a guessing game now. Based on what I see, the Zulu make the most sense, but I don't see much.

Zulus. 2KGreg loves the Zulus...

I would think of Shaka as being more likely to be outside if that is indeed the inside of a building.

ETA: Is that a person, I was thinking it was the background.

Top Bottom