Religious/Diplomatic Victory Question

Vokarya

Deity
I've been thinking about some ideas for future Wonders to introduce in the future, and one of the Wonders that I would like to create is the Gutenberg Bible. Renaissance Wonders are one of the harder kinds to find, so I think this would be a good fit.

The effect that I would like to have it do is to spread your state religion to just about every eligible city on the map. I would definitely exclude cities that are ineligible to spread religions to based on civic (either running Intolerant with a different state religion or Atheist), but beyond that, I'm not sure how many other limiters to put on the spread.

What I'm concerned about is how powerful this would be with either Religious Victory or the Apostolic Palace Diplomatic Victory. For those who play with these, how strong do you think this would be? If you do think it's too powerful, I can introduce some limitations.

I don`t think you have to worry about religious victory. In my current game, I have spread my state religion to virtually every city in the worls, save 7 Hatti ones. Yet I am at 41% towards that kind of victory. I dont even think it is possible to win a religious victory at all.

Looks like a very good idea to me. I've never actually played with a Religious Victory but I've always heard that it's probably one of the hardest ones. So no, I don't think it's too powerful. And if it turns out so, we'll scale it down somehow. Maybe we could make religion spread only to those counties that you have at least right of passage with.

I did consider the "only cities you can trade with" approach. I think I will try it with just the civic limitation and see what happens.

I don`t think you have to worry about religious victory. In my current game, I have spread my state religion to virtually every city in the worls, save 7 Hatti ones. Yet I am at 41% towards that kind of victory. I dont even think it is possible to win a religious victory at all.

I have to agree with zorn. I play with Religious Victory all the time and not since early RoM 1.x days have I won or had an AI win a Rel. Victory.

JosEPh

Limitations that make sense to me are:
-allowed by civics
-can trade with
-have right of passage or open borders

Though I have not seen a religious victory, ever.

Thinking about it, it seems impossible anyway.
Even if you convert every single city, you won`t win if there is anyanother religion in half of them. Multiple other religions per cities makes it even worse.
So you need to purge other religions, which I beliefe is only possible in your own cities, and only with inquisitions enabled.
But if you go that route, you would win a domination victory before you can win the rel. victory.

It's still quite OP for Pangea games - imagine if you're founder of religion of say, Judaism and have their holy shrine, your cash would increase A LOT.

So why not make it a Team Project like Encyclopedia?

It's still quite OP for Pangea games - imagine if you're founder of religion of say, Judaism and have their holy shrine, your cash would increase A LOT.

So why not make it a Team Project like Encyclopedia?

I think you just went down Alice's Rabbit Hole. :lol:

JosEPh ;)

I don't think it really matters with Religious Victory, but it does matter with the Holy Srine of the religion. Gives you a great sudden boost if you control the holy city. If you don't, than you do a great good to someone else.
Also, this event can greatly suffle up diplomatic relations, IMO.
However I don't really mind having stuff that turns everything upside down :)

Top Bottom