XML Building Tag Request: <iWonderCapacity>

Ok, looks like it's working. Just a small change yet so that increased capacity is being shown in Civilopedia too and we're done. For the moment I'll give +1 capacity to Versailles and I'll leave everything else to Vokarya. I'll probably upload a new revision tomorrow.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13163980 said:
Ok, looks like it's working. Just a small change yet so that increased capacity is being shown in Civilopedia too and we're done. For the moment I'll give +1 capacity to Versailles and I'll leave everything else to Vokarya. I'll probably upload a new revision tomorrow.

Thank you very much. I just want to ask, why Versailles? I only thought of doing it with Sphinx and Shrines (plus creating a new Louvre wonder).

Thank you very much. I just want to ask, why Versailles? I only thought of doing it with Sphinx and Shrines (plus creating a new Louvre wonder).

Oh, I don't know why. I thought I remembered Versailles, when in fact it was Louvre. I'll correct that. :)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13164104 said:
Oh, I don't know why. I thought I remembered Versailles, when in fact it was Louvre. I'll correct that. :)

OK. Louvre doesn't exist quite yet -- it's on my list of Wonders to make.

Ok, done, I'll upload the changes later today probably. Just one warning: once the Wonder goes obsolete, you lose the ability to build more wonders than the standard limit of 4. For example if you build the Sphinx, you have time until architecture to build that 5th wonder. If you build 5 wonders before architecture, that's ok, the additional wonder will of course remain even when Sphinx goes obsolete. But if you reach architecture without having built that 5th wonder, you won't be able to do so anymore.

Why an obsolete great wonder restricts you to build a new one when playing under B]Limited Wonders[/B] option?Is it right?

Why an obsolete great wonder restricts you to build a new one when playing under B]Limited Wonders[/B] option?Is it right?

There's no Limited Wonders option. There's an Unlimited Wonders option. And there's no way I know of to restrict the number of wonders, but there are some wonders that allow you to build one wonder more than normally allowed, until they become obsolete. I've added this tag as Vokarya requested but I don't know if he wanted the additional wonder slot being permanent. I actually feel is fine as is. Vokarya, your idea?

Edit: by the way wonders still have cultural effect, even when they become obsolete, so yes, I think it's fine this way.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13259841 said:
There's no Limited Wonders option. There's an Unlimited Wonders option. And there's no way I know of to restrict the number of wonders, but there are some wonders that allow you to build one wonder more than normally allowed, until they become obsolete. I've added this tag as Vokarya requested but I don't know if he wanted the additional wonder slot being permanent. I actually feel is fine as is. Vokarya, your idea?

Edit: by the way wonders still have cultural effect, even when they become obsolete, so yes, I think it's fine this way.

I'm fine with Increased Wonder Capacity going obsolete. The only time where it does go obsolete is Sphinx, and the reason for the +1 Wonder Capacity is so that you can still use the Sphinx-Pyramids combo even if Sphinx is the fourth Wonder in the city. It would be more important if we ever decide to cap Wonder limits by culture level instead of a straight 4/city (which I am in favor of including at some point).

It would be more important if we ever decide to cap Wonder limits by culture level instead of a straight 4/city (which I am in favor of including at some point).

Yes, yes, yes, please! :)

It would be more important if we ever decide to cap Wonder limits by culture level instead of a straight 4/city (which I am in favor of including at some point).

It is a very nice idea !

Alright, I'm going to try that:

0 Wonders for NONE
1 Wonder for Poor
2 Wonders for Fledgling
2 Wonders for Developing
3 Wonders for Prominent
3 Wonders for Refined
3 Wonders for Elegant
4 Wonders for Influential
4 Wonders for Impressive
4 Wonders for Legendary.

I'll experiment a bit and if it works I'll push it in the next revision

Personelly I would prefer something like this:

0 Wonders for NONE
1 Wonder for Poor
2 Wonders for Fledgling
2 Wonders for Developing
3 Wonders for Prominent
3 Wonders for Refined
4 Wonders for Elegant
5 Wonders for Influential
6 Wonders for Impressive
7 Wonders for Legendary.

Would make more reason to increase the culture of your cities.

I think we should push the levels up by one. I think the 4-capacity final is perfect, but I would prefer seeing:
  • 2 at Developing
  • 3 at Refined or Elegant
  • 4 at Impressive

The last few games that I have played on Noble and Standard/Large size, I usually manage to stack Sphinx, Pyramids, Labyrinth, Hanging Gardens, and either Pont du Gard or Hagia Sophia in my capital. I also noticed that it took until the Medieval Era to get my capital to Elegant level, and it would take a little longer without as many Wonders.

I think we should push the levels up by one. I think the 4-capacity final is perfect, but I would prefer seeing:
  • 2 at Developing
  • 3 at Refined or Elegant
  • 4 at Impressive

The last few games that I have played on Noble and Standard/Large size, I usually manage to stack Sphinx, Pyramids, Labyrinth, Hanging Gardens, and either Pont du Gard or Hagia Sophia in my capital. I also noticed that it took until the Medieval Era to get my capital to Elegant level, and it would take a little longer without as many Wonders.

You're probably right, I'll do some test like this. I also thing the 4 limit is perfect. Also, I'm scaling National Wonders in the same way.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13319063 said:
Is anyone else having problems with this new feature of wonders per cultural level scaling? I don't know why but in my current game I needed to recalc to make this feature work.

That is because you have to tell the game to recalculate the wonder capacity when you change culture levels. It's a two line fix, but I'm at work.

Code:
void CvCity::setCultureLevel(CultureLevelTypes eNewValue, bool bUpdatePlotGroups)
{
        PROFILE_FUNC();

CvPlot* pLoopPlot;
        CvWString szBuffer;
        CultureLevelTypes eOldValue;
        int iCultureRange;
        int iDX, iDY;
        int iI;

eOldValue = getCultureLevel();

if (eOldValue != eNewValue)
        {
[color="red"]
                if (eOldValue != NO_CULTURE_LEVEL)
                        changeWonderCapacityIncrement(-GC.getCultureLevelInfo(eOldValue).getMaxWorldWonders());
                if (eNewValue != NO_CULTURE_LEVEL)
                        changeWonderCapacityIncrement(GC.getCultureLevelInfo(eNewValue ).getMaxWorldWonders());
[/color]

Basically you need to remove the wonder capacity from the old culture level, then add the wonder capacity for the new culture level.

That is because you have to tell the game to recalculate the wonder capacity when you change culture levels. It's a two line fix, but I'm at work.

Code:
void CvCity::setCultureLevel(CultureLevelTypes eNewValue, bool bUpdatePlotGroups)
{
        PROFILE_FUNC();

CvPlot* pLoopPlot;
        CvWString szBuffer;
        CultureLevelTypes eOldValue;
        int iCultureRange;
        int iDX, iDY;
        int iI;

eOldValue = getCultureLevel();

if (eOldValue != eNewValue)
        {
[color="red"]
                if (eOldValue != NO_CULTURE_LEVEL)
                        changeWonderCapacityIncrement(-GC.getCultureLevelInfo(eOldValue).getMaxWorldWonders());
                if (eNewValue != NO_CULTURE_LEVEL)
                        changeWonderCapacityIncrement(GC.getCultureLevelInfo(eNewValue ).getMaxWorldWonders());
[/color]

Basically you need to remove the wonder capacity from the old culture level, then add the wonder capacity for the new culture level.

Thank you Afforess, you're right of course; I'll upload this change now.

Top Bottom