WoC Latest Version Download

Gave me a good laugh imagining a camel turning up for a photoshoot and the camera man yelling at it "Come on baby! Give me a mean face!" .... (Camel)*Schwing!* :lol:

Sorry for the incredibly newbie question, but once we download the "Core" do we then need to download every mod individually?

Thanks!

Sorry for the incredibly newbie question, but once we download the "Core" do we then need to download every mod individually?

Thanks!

Good Question there is a WoC Full Beta that has all modules except modules released on 10/11/2008. So depending on what you want to play you could add in just those modules you want with the core. Or if you want a full mod pack you could download the full modpack and add in the modules released on 10/11/2008. Here is the download link for the full modpack http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10918. Also with the full modpack you can turn of any module though the MLF (MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml) with notepad by setting say
HTML:
<Module>
					<Directory>Units</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

TO
HTML:
<Module>
					<bLoad>0</bLoad>
				</Module>

Setting anything to <bLoad>0</bLoad> will turn it off. There are several MLF's.

Good Question there is a WoC Full Beta that has all modules except modules released on 10/11/2008. So depending on what you want to play you could add in just those modules you want with the core. Or if you want a full mod pack you could download the full modpack and add in the modules released on 10/11/2008. Here is the download link for the full modpack http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10918. Also with the full modpack you can turn of any module though the MLF (MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml) with notepad by setting say
HTML:
<Module>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

TO
HTML:
<Module>
					<bLoad>0</bLoad>
				</Module>

Setting anything to <bLoad>0</bLoad> will turn it off. There are several MLF's.

Wow thanks for the technical reply.

I have zero confidence I'd be able to do anything beyond a "1-stepper" (i.e. a download an automatic installer).

Is there going to be a future version which has everything in it? Also, when you download this, do you have to specify exactly which folder it needs to go into or will it find everything and install automatically?

I know, I'm a technical idiot.

OK, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything:

1) Download and install the CORE (1.1) and install in BTS/ Mods folder
2) Download and install the FullModPack and install in [???]

If I get this far, I'd be ecstatic... but if I want to install the other, newer Mods, what would I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

@agoodfella you should do one or the other, if you do not have woc core plus modules, them i'd just use the woc full beta installer. it has the core and all modules except those released on 10/11/2008. The installers will put the mod and modules in the correct place. As far as changing the mlf its a simple matter of changing a 1 to 0, with notepad and saving the changes. By the way im just a carpenter, not a technical person. I just volunteered one day to help Keldath with testing for ViSa, next thing i know that team was teaching me what xml was. I still make noob mistakes, but i can figure out how to correct them usually with my trusty BFH.

I see, that is very helpful. Thank you for your guidance.

Duh! I would have installed both of those installers!

So, if I want to go ahead and add the modules released after 10/11:

1) Where do I download them
2) How to install them?

Thanks rockinroger for your help and patience!

just run the installers, they should go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\WoC. If you have a normal firaxis setup.

@agoodfella you should do one or the other, if you do not have woc core plus modules, them i'd just use the woc full beta installer. it has the core and all modules except those released on 10/11/2008.

Ah, I was wondering why it was called Full Beta when modules are missing. Will WoC Full Beta be kept up-to-date as concerns modules?

Hey guys, downloaded your mod and updates. I love what I am seeing. However, I am having an issue with memory. I run a 2.8 ghz machine with 2 gig of ram. It keeps saying my machine doesnt meet the specs for the game and adjusting the video, etc so that i can run the mod. What are the specs needed to play this without this issue?

Depends on many factors really, Ru running xp or Vista? what video card. I now run Vista on both of my machines and have 4gb installed. For awhile i was rebuilding them both because they couldnt keep up. Also you can turn off modules you do not want or use by my previous post. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7341532&postcount=45. Have you tried lowering the graphics setting in game, I can run mine on high, but when we where testing ViSa towards the end of the game I'd have to go to low settings. Also all windows ops leak memory, so maybe reboot your computer. Sometimes when playing a long game its important to save the game exit and restart also. Let me know if any of those things help.

Sorry::edit::

Figured it out! Duh!

One note: do you guys notice that the footsteps in the terrain following the units don't appear anymore? Has this been flagged as a bug?

Thanks! Great mod!

Top Bottom