[BTS] Expanded Plus Mod

did you upgrade better ai 0.50 and dresder unofficial patch 0.21?

it would be nice ;)

did you upgrade better ai 0.50 and dresder unofficial patch 0.21?

it would be nice ;)

those would be included in a game core...my mod uses the Wolfshanze mod game core, which still only has better AI .35:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=249129

what does the dresder unofficial patch 0.21 do?

BTW, my mod is fully comaptible without the Wolfshanze game core. so use the one of your choice. Obviously you'd lose the Wolfshanze game core functionality.

The only change would be to reduce the value in the XML file which specifies global warming rate. It has to be set >100 for the nuke effect to switch on. Other than that...it can use any game core. :)

This sounds great, Got a question:

"Mod Feature: Limited Religions to only allow founding of one holy city per Civ"

So how would this mod address a real life city like Jersalam as the birthplace of three religions?

I have been basically searching for a mod that is balanced to take a long time, I can feel the broad sweep of history really feeling like I am playing the emergence of civilization well into the modern age where it doesn't feel like "Oh god, it's suddenly got so HUGE that I can't possibly keep up with all this!"

This sounds great, Got a question:

"Mod Feature: Limited Religions to only allow founding of one holy city per Civ"

So how would this mod address a real life city like Jersalam as the birthplace of three religions?

I have been basically searching for a mod that is balanced to take a long time, I can feel the broad sweep of history really feeling like I am playing the emergence of civilization well into the modern age where it doesn't feel like "Oh god, it's suddenly got so HUGE that I can't possibly keep up with all this!"

Although I play the game with less of an eye on historical correctness, I believe the story of jerusalem could be roughly made to fit with limited religions.

Basically the religions in Jersusalem represent different cultures which invaded and conquered the city at various points in history. So it really is not "one people" with three religions (as it would be portrayed in vanilla BTS).

Game play speaking, religion founding is attached to the technology tree. As such, an advanced civ by default would found and control more religions. This leads to lopsided games.

With limited religions, you'll find that the AI breaks into more factions that battle each other. This leads to more interesting strategic game play IMHO.

Consequently, it represents the modern world struggle of various religions and belief systems clashing more accurately.

I hope that all makes sense :)

Awesome. Okay, I can live with that in this game. (although I also like the concept of a single holy city that is desired by three key world religions).

I am going to fire it up.

I would love to see a couple balanced scenarios at pivotal moments in time based on this mod and it's concepts. I could see a sort of "Start of the World" map and maybe a 1399 era one.

One thing I do not understand is you have expanded plus in a folder and wolfhanze zipped in the root of the archive. Am I supposed to unzip the wolfhanze and install it someplace?
Your instructions are something like "replace game core as needed." I don't know which game core does what (benefits/pluses and minuses), or how to replace a game core.

It's kind of like instructing me "it's simple, to repair your engine, just open up your car's hood, find the problem and fix it" and I know nothing of mechanics.

Awesome. Okay, I can live with that in this game. (although I also like the concept of a single holy city that is desired by three key world religions).

I am going to fire it up.

I would love to see a couple balanced scenarios at pivotal moments in time based on this mod and it's concepts. I could see a sort of "Start of the World" map and maybe a 1399 era one.

One thing I do not understand is you have expanded plus in a folder and wolfhanze zipped in the root of the archive. Am I supposed to unzip the wolfhanze and install it someplace?
Your instructions are something like "replace game core as needed." I don't know which game core does what (benefits/pluses and minuses), or how to replace a game core.

It's kind of like instructing me "it's simple, to repair your engine, just open up your car's hood, find the problem and fix it" and I know nothing of mechanics.

no worries. im at work right now so i dont have the directory tree up infront of me, but basically you can search the "assets" directory of BtS for a file of the same name (the gamecore). Rename your orginal one. extract the wolfhanze one in that same directory. thats it.

Put the "expanded plus" directory in the /mods directory in the BtS installation.

Also, copy the soundtrack files (see the mod readme file).

Give the mod a spin, and let me know how it works out. :)

My first play through without replacing the "assets directory" of BTS I got SMOKED.
I played on only noble difficulty Epic as America with +50% wonder, by 955 BC I felt like I had all these technologies and was doing good (comparatively to other times I have played) and yet I was WAY behind the other nations who even without my +50% wonder bonus were snapping up wonders like the fat guy at a superbowl party snaps up the last of the chips. They all had 4 cities before I could even build my third city thats with the Warrior-Settler, Warrior-Settler almost as the only things I built

I must be a terrible CIV player though becuase I have had this happen to me in other mods.

What does replacing the core do for me?
(BTW: A search reveals about 20 different iterations of this file, some in mods, some not)

I notice earlier in the thread you told someone to leave certain victory conditions on, I hate using "Time" as one. Does it have to be on to get all the features?

I notice that spies by default were off. Why is that? (espionage becomes culture)

My first play through without replacing the "assets directory" of BTS I got SMOKED.
I played on only noble difficulty Epic as America with +50% wonder, by 955 BC I felt like I had all these technologies and was doing good (comparatively to other times I have played) and yet I was WAY behind the other nations who even without my +50% wonder bonus were snapping up wonders like the fat guy at a superbowl party snaps up the last of the chips. They all had 4 cities before I could even build my third city thats with the Warrior-Settler, Warrior-Settler almost as the only things I built

I must be a terrible CIV player though becuase I have had this happen to me in other mods.

I play prince and its 50-50 whether I win or not. A couple of strategy guides really helped. I always play from the earliest age, epic speed.

What does replacing the core do for me?
(BTW: A search reveals about 20 different iterations of this file, some in mods, some not)

Per the mod description the game core:
Code:
Game Core Changes (Wolfshanze BtS Game Core)
Full support for 40-civs in a single scenario
Solver's 0.19 Unofficial Patch Changes
Lt.Bob's Nuclear Fallout instead of desertification in Global Warming
Better AI 0.35 changes
Aerial Recon Missions can now be intercepted
Fixes for previously broken AI bomber missions and fighter intercept animations
I notice earlier in the thread you told someone to leave certain victory conditions on, I hate using "Time" as one. Does it have to be on to get all the features?

You can play with any victory condition. I play Conquest/Domination mostly.

I notice that spies by default were off. Why is that? (espionage becomes culture)

Im not sure about this. In my game espionage is on and works fine. Perhaps you are mixing up scenario type settings and the features of the mod. The mod only changes what I've noted on the first page.

i ugess i should restate this for clarity..the base mod for this is the nextwar mod. space victories dont exist.

Hi,

I use to play jkp's next war mod and space victories were in. Why is this the case with your mod?

Just curious as I am pondering between a couple of mods before I start a new (and very long) game.

Thanks.

Hi,

I use to play jkp's next war mod and space victories were in. Why is this the case with your mod?

Just curious as I am pondering between a couple of mods before I start a new (and very long) game.

Thanks.

hey, im incorrect. space race is in there. I just never play it so of course i never see it :wallbash:

sorry for the confusion.

I had a few changes which jumped the public release from v1.5b to 1.8.

The biggest improvements were made to create some way for nature to reclaim nuked and global warming affected land.

This can be done passively/actively within a city boundary so that fallout afflicted plots can be worked to created "damaged land". Damaged land incurrs a -1 hammer and gold penalty. The plot uses the city ruins graphic. Further worked "damaged land" can "return to nature" which spawns a forest.

The main effect is to expand the possiblity to forests in the later stages of the game, even after a nuclear war.

Other changes include adding JKP1187's EVENTS, fixing a choose religion game option error, allowing for flood plains to re-spawn after a nuclear war, and other fixes.

Enjoy:goodjob:

Top Bottom