Anthony Weiner Goes Ballistic At GOP

Well a lot of veterans are homeless because war messed with their heads. Though of course not all of them.

I'm not sure whether these were the people that Patraklos was talking about however, yes, I agree with you.

However, if it wasn't because of injuries, but just because they messed up their lives in other areas, it is no more of the government's business than anyone else who ruins their own life (None IMO.)

And when it is the US government's business, people vote it down because heaven help anyone who tries to practice Christian charity. Funny - I recall a bit in the Bible where it warns of false prophets deceiving millions of people and putting their lives at risk. But those can't be modern, fundamentalist "Christian" preachers who promise hellfire and brimstone on anything that vaguely smacks of liberalism, welfare or charity.

First of all, your generalizing. I WOULD NOT say someone is going to hell because they are a liberal. I may bash their beliefs and if I'm in a really bad mood get infracted for insulting them, but that doesn't mean they are going to hell.

A couple of comments on the liberal left:

They "Want to help those who can't help themselves" (Who not all but many of have ruined their own lives) yet they let people abort those who haven't even had a chance to try at life.

They want to give criminals protection while they are in the act of committing a crime.

They are "Libertarians" since they support allowing every morally degenerate thing in society, abortion rights, gay marriage, marijuanna, you name it (I'm not even against marijuanna legislation or gay civil unions but bear with me) yet don't allow people to own weapons or hunt on their own property, exc.

Before you call "Strawman" I admit not all liberals are created equal (By equal I mean the same in beliefs, not worth the same amount.) Some liberals are liberal just in economics and nowhere else, some liberals oppose abortion, exc. However, in general, the democratic politicians in America fit my description.

As for welfare being "Christian" its not "Christian" for a government to take money from people who work for it to give to those who don't (I acknowledge this is a generalization, but people should not be living on welfare, and even in America "The ultra-right nation" it happens all the time.)

I'd love to see a real right-wing nation, oh wait, the USA 125 years ago and it mostly worked fine!

Where does the Bible proscribe abortion? It's God's inerrant word and the complete guide to 21st Century life, as you have stated before, so give me a reference and I'll check my Bible.

Where does the Bible proscribe abortion? It's God's inerrant word and the complete guide to 21st Century life, as you have stated before, so give me a reference and I'll check my Bible.

Where the heck did I say I proscribed it. I said I opposed it.

Alright a couple of places:

In John (I think) it said the baby (John in the womb) leaped in joy.
when Mary was nearby. If it has feelings of joy, its alive.

Second of all, it says somewhere "Before you were conceived I had a plan for you."

Please use a dictionary, Domination. Proscribe means to outlaw or to condemn or forbid something as harmful.

I also asked for references. To be brutally honest, I'm not going to take your word on anything without proof.

Please use a dictionary, Domination. Proscribe means to outlaw or to condemn or forbid something as harmful.

I also asked for references. To be brutally honest, I'm not going to take your word on anything without proof.

Sorry about misusing proscribe.

Also, as for references, I will look them up when I have more time. You can even PM me to remind me if I forget. I'll have them within 10 days, hopefully sooner, I'm short on time right now.

Domination said:
I'd love to see a real right-wing nation, oh wait, the USA 125 years ago and it mostly worked fine!
Oddly enough, it was just before the Progressive Movement which was ushered in by a republican, Teddy Roosevelt. At that time, the term 'right wing' referred to Klemens von Metternich and Karlsbad Decrees style conservatism. What you consider 'right wing' was at the time considered Liberalism, or 'Classical Liberalism'. Looks like what you want us to return to is a liberal nation.:lol:
This is bolded just to make sure you read the whole thing completly.

In John (I think) it said the baby (John in the womb) leaped in joy.
when Mary was nearby. If it has feelings of joy, its alive.
Give me some electric diodes and I could do the same thing to a cadaver. Doesn't mean the cadaver is alive.
Second of all, it says somewhere "Before you were conceived I had a plan for you."
Just to completly play devils advocate, what if Gods plan was for the baby to die? I mean it was in his plan for mankind to fall from grace, kill almost all Humans, burn Sodom and Gomorrah to ground, have his own son tortured and die as a criminal, the list goes on.
(Disclaimer: I don't beleive what I just said is true, but I am pointing out we cannot fathom Gods plan, if there even is a plan.)

Oddly enough, it was just before the Progressive Movement which was ushered in by a republican, Teddy Roosevelt. At that time, the term 'right wing' referred to Klemens von Metternich and Karlsbad Decrees style conservatism. What you consider 'right wing' was at the time considered Liberalism, or 'Classical Liberalism'. Looks like what you want us to return to is a liberal nation.:lol:
This is bolded just to make sure you read the whole thing completly.

Give me some electric diodes and I could do the same thing to a cadaver. Doesn't mean the cadaver is alive.

Just to completly play devils advocate, what if Gods plan was for the baby to die? I mean it was in his plan for mankind to fall from grace, kill almost all Humans, burn Sodom and Gomorrah to ground, have his own son tortured and die as a criminal, the list goes on.
(Disclaimer: I don't beleive what I just said is true, but I am pointing out we cannot fathom Gods plan, if there even is a plan.)

1. I don't know much about Teddy, but I do know most republicans today are progressive, at least by back then's standards. Most republicans today would support FDR and Johnson.

2. That is being a devil's advocate, but I'll answer anyway.

God's plan =/= what he wants. However, if God has a plan for someone, that means they ARE ALIVE.

As for killing Sodom and Gomorah and the Noahic flood, unlike us, God is perfect, and unlike us, God can judge however he wants.

How can God's plan not equal what He wants? Surely, He doesn't plan to be disappointed or unhappy?

How can God's plan not equal what He wants? Surely, He doesn't plan to be disappointed or unhappy?

God's plan, as far as I've seen the Bible (I could be wrong) is not always what he wants, since man has free will. God didn't want to destroy everyone in a flood, but God gave them a chance to repent, the people didn't, God followed through with his promise and wiped them out.

So, God is allowed to murder people and that's fine, but you shouldn't be able to abort a foetus (not a baby, a foetus) without being convicted of murder?

Dom said:
1. I don't know much about Teddy, but I do know most republicans today are progressive, at least by back then's standards. Most republicans today would support FDR and Johnson.
You said we were a right wing counry 125 years ago. I showed how your ideal right wing state was actualy embrasing the ideals if Liberalism and Progressivism. By saying 'right wing' 125 years ago, you want a return to a large authoritarian government that activly sought to repress people.
If you want to directly contradict Teddy in what his political views were, just remember, only Chuck Norris is awsomer than Teddy.:p
Ajidica said:
Oddly enough, it was just before the Progressive Movement which was ushered in by a republican, Teddy Roosevelt. At that time, the term 'right wing' referred to Klemens von Metternich and Karlsbad Decrees style conservatism. What you consider 'right wing' was at the time considered Liberalism, or 'Classical Liberalism'. Looks like what you want us to return to is a liberal nation.

Dom said:
God's plan, as far as I've seen the Bible (I could be wrong) is not always what he wants, since man has free will. God didn't want to destroy everyone in a flood, but God gave them a chance to repent, the people didn't, God followed through with his promise and wiped them out.
If God is so perfect, why didn't he just reach into their minds and correct their sinful ways? Unless of course his plan was for them to die to teach a lesson. But then ofcourse it was in Gods will that they sin. Therefore, we can argue that God in some way endorses sin because people can only sin if God wants it.

Heres how:
1. God knows everything, he is the alpha and the omega.
2. God knows what will happen to us.
3. If God knows what will happen to us, free will is non-existant.

If God intended for Sodom and Gommorah to sin and be killed, how do we know it isn't in his plan for the fetus to be aborted? Read up on why Andrea Yates killed her children.

Moderator Action: Please let's not turn this into an abortion debate.

Now wait a second. Whats this:

To me, this sounds like the dems tried to screw the GOP over in regards to being able to add amendments, and it backfired on them.

So, the dems tried to play partisan politics and the GOP retaliated....and now this is all the GOPs fault?

Also, I need to ask: Were the rescue workers and survivors of the Oklahoma city bombing or first World Trade Center bombing going to be given lifetime medical care as well? If not, then why not?

I agree

After what the Democrates did with forcing Obamas healthcare bill down peoples throats. They are already "covered" by Obamacare and there isnt really a need to pass a special 9-11 healthcare bill.

Unless of course the GOP cut "funding" then reverse healthcare legistration.

Unless of course the GOP cut "funding" then reverse healthcare legistration.

What makes you think they won't? Healthcare is un-American and Communist, remember?

I actually agree. He was certainly passionate. It would make for a more popular CSPAN lineup...maybe they could change the election process in the US to something like this: a panel of judges, and an audience, and each Congressman gives a speech, and then the people can text their vote to 59052 or whatever.

I still think what he was passionate about was political positioning rather than help for people though.
You think? :lol:

Politics is 100% positioning nowadays as I can see it. When was the last time you heard an honest debate about content without any regard for positioning or public appearance or allegiance to the letter between ().

Still, I like the vote "No" if you think it's wrong, vote "yes" if you think it's right thing. Could be the right point was accidental, or collateral damage.

The Daily Show finally addresses this one:

I Give Up - 9/11 Responders Bill

Kevin Brady (R) Texas:

They went there to save survivors. Not to raise taxes.

Jon Stewart:

You fill my heart with sadness... I guess if 9/11 survivors had known taxes might be raised because of their heroism, well, I imagine there would have been quite a different scene on 9/11. "There are people stranded on the 89th floor, but before I rush in you got to promise me and my family that this will not affect the Swedish pharmaceutical companies' offshore tax status. You gotta promise me that, or I'm not going in there".

On the Fox News Weiner response:

Imagine the seismic pndit ripples of anger when politicians put craven political expedience over the well being of our nation's most deserving heroes.

Dana Perino (Ex-GWB spokesperson, now Fox News Talking Bobblehead):

I don't know the particulars of the bill, as to the points of it. I have no idea what Weinger is even talking about. He is just screaming and it is such a turnoff.

Stewart's response:

Is that a turnoff? Is it? Does your Playboy profile include "Weinger screaming, in any way justifying my being treated as an expert"?

Since Stewart is an amazing beacon of truth and frank honesty, did he happen to note that Democrats were trying to piggyback immigration crap on the bill?

7.4 billion? You gotta be kidding me. Democrats just think money grows on trees. Yes it sucks what they suffered, but you can't give everyone who suffers money. I suffered in my childhood, where's my money?

Can somebody dig the amount of charity dollars that have gone to first responders and other people effected by 9-11? It's gotta be enormous in its own right... Are the first responders really suffering a lack of funds to treat their medical needs?

7.4 billion? You gotta be kidding me. Democrats just think money grows on trees. Yes it sucks what they suffered, but you can't give everyone who suffers money. I suffered in my childhood, where's my money?

You live in Las Vegas, so it's a pre-existing condition.

Top Bottom