[Religion and Revolution]: Further Special Units

Why not simply add a slot for frigates and ships of the line? And if no slots are available then ... tough luck ! ;)
The problem is if your city is far away it will seem un-natural to have units appearing ! :lol:

Or something totally different. :)
(Which I think is probably even better.)

If pirates would get a leader, the players could get "Bukaneers" in a DLL-Diplo-Event.
(Similar to Native Mercenaries ...)

#Bukaneers

Yes I think the execution may be a bit of an issue with this one - I wouldn't want to have to create or give up a cargo slot just to carry around a Bukaneer.

Is there something we could do using the Promotion system instead? For example the special event generating a Bukaneer bonus instead gives a special Bukaneer promotion to just that ship?

For the life of me I just cannot seem to trigger whatever requirements you have there to get a Conquistador.... I am playing Cortes, Conquistador difficulty, I am very nice with the King, get into lots of fights, get Treasures from burned villages -- but nobody joins me...

Also Cannon Garrison seriously needs a little buff, perhaps Minuteman promotion should be available for siege weapons also... This will mainly help AI, who does not know how to handle more aggressive Natives in RaR. Almost every game I see one AI colonial empire going down because sneak attack by Natives...

I am playing Cortes, Conquistador difficulty, I am very nice with the King, get into lots of fights, get Treasures from burned villages -- but nobody joins me...

In order to potentially get this DLL-event you need to

1. Be at War with Natives.

2. Have enough gold to actually buy them.
(Around 2000 gold, depending on Gamespeed)

The link to the explanation.
(Also available in Overview.)

Oh thanks... Perhaps you could make this event less rare (higher probability) and less costly? I mean Conquistadors colonized much of the world for Spain and Portugal in the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries. Also Conquistadors often acted on their own initiative, so it is unrealistic to bring them to the New World as a trade deal between you and your king, otherwise this feels like getting Slaves or Criminals...

Would you please consider the following ideas:

1. Spain and Portugal get Conquistador event after the first burned village yielding Treasure on the given Continent/Island, just like everyone gets an event for Wagon Train after founding the second colony. So Spanish and Portuguese players could get more than 1 Conquistador if they fight Indians on more than one island/continent. For the rest of the civs leave the present random probability.
2. Conquistadors get paid per turn, not lump sum. They can become barbarian unit if you cannot pay them or you fire them...
3. If the Conquistador gets killed you can get another one for the given Continent if you burn another village.

Top Bottom