[Religion and Revolution]: System Enhancement for Events, Achievements and Goodies

Very interesting ideas..
Thank you very much Orlanth. :)

Would changing the Event and Achievement schemas mean that all the existing events, achievements, and triggers would have to be re-developed manually in the new XML format? Perhaps if the schema can allow the new tags to be absent, then it wouldn't require re-doing all the previous XML content, and also decrease the size of the XML files.
Well yes. We would have to change Xml (and Python) files (or functions). But if we do this properly we will not have to start all over again.
However I might need your help. Would you like to help me?

Well yes. We would have to change Xml (and Python) files (or functions). But if we do this properly we will not have to start all over again.
However I might need your help. Would you like to help me?

Aah, that sounds like a huge job if we'd need to manually redo most or all of the Event XML :sad: I could help with it when I have time, but it sounds like it might take a really long time (and I wouldn't want to have to re-do them two times, if other features like inventions and pirates are added later.) Still, having extra tags available would allow creating a really interesting variety of events much more easily while avoiding errors and performance problems.

If any new tags are added to EventInfos and EventTriggerInfos, is it possible to set the XML eventschema to use minOccurs="0" for the new tags so they're not mandatory tags, and allow the DLL to use a default value for events when those tags are not present in XML? That way, it could be possible to re-use many of the existing Events without having to manually redo the XML for each one, while still allowing you to use the new tags only in places where they're necessary.

Top Bottom