Axeman Speculation

Alright, so IF we assume it's a new eastern native american civ, here's some possible tribes: Powhatan, Shawnee, Cherokee, Pawnee... any other major groups from the east that could see inclusion? I doubt any groups near the Iroqouis would be in.

Tecumseh would be pretty cool. He tried to make some sort of grand confederation/coalition/alliance among several different NA groups.

If that is a native american UU, i would bet the civ it's for is the Algonquin.

Judging by the way various civs are conglomerated (such as Polynesia), this could well be the case. Alonquin civ with Shawnee warrior UU, perhaps.

Judging by the way various civs are conglomerated (such as Polynesia), this could well be the case. Alonquin civ with Shawnee warrior UU, perhaps.

I would guess they would just call the UU a tomahawk or tomahawk warrior.

Having looked further into it, the Shawnee or the Cherokee seem likely, and i really hope it's one of them over the Algonquins but i just don't have the faith to be certain.

I'm kinda sad this likely means no Mississippian civ though :(

The Shawnee were part of the Algonquin language group. The Cherokee were actually Iroquoian.
I can see, like wilbeard mentioned, Algonquin civ with Tecumseh leader, maybe an early trade bonus? and this warrior UU.

The Shawnee were part of the Algonquin language group. The Cherokee were actually Iroquoian.
I can see, like wilbeard mentioned, Algonquin civ with Tecumseh leader, maybe an early trade bonus? and this warrior UU.

The only information we have are some "tomahawks", we do not know that they are algonquin.

As far as i'm aware, the cherokee used tomahawks. They'd also fit best with the civil war scenario.

The only information we have are some "tomahawks", we do not know that they are algonquin.

As far as i'm aware, the cherokee used tomahawks. They'd also fit best with the civil war scenario.

They might have gone with the Shawnee for the general game and perhaps used the unique of the Shawnee civ for the Cherokee in the Civil War scenario.

First thing that comes to mind when I see that is Apache.

so there you have it, it is the Apache UU, that the devs placed in the screenshot as a barbarian unit to throw us off and initiate deep threaded threads about.

According to Wikipedia, the Cherokee Nation of the 19th century incorporated the remaining Shawnee people. Judging by the fact they played a role in the Civil War also, they seem like strong candidates.

First thing that comes to mind when I see that is Apache.

so there you have it, it is the Apache UU, that the devs placed in the screenshot as a barbarian unit to throw us off and initiate deep threaded threads about.

The first thing that would come to mind for me thinking about an Apache UU would be first that it would likely have a horse, and second that it would almost certainly have a gun.

But i appreciate the satire :goodjob:

The first thing that would come to mind for me thinking about an Apache UU would be first that it would likely have a horse, and second that it would almost certainly have a gun.

But i appreciate the satire :goodjob:

;)...

I had actually mostly ignored the Shawnee. I still don't think they are likely but yea, I had them on the back of my mind but never really considered them for this expansion. That pic does look somewhat similar (But a lot of the North-Eastern tribes had troops that looked similar, like the Illinois, Huron, etc.)

Tecumseh though is certainly an iconic leader and might put him up above the Illinois, Huron, Erie etc. if they decided to go that route again.

Shawnee would be a surprise though to be honest considering the Iroquois are already in. I guess they could try and tie them to the Mississippians [Simply because it would be too difficult to make a Mississippian civ otherwise]. Good mention though!

Also, now that we are mentioning the Shawnee... has anyone seen Cahokia in any of the screenshots? Cahokia was never under Shawnee territory if I recall correctly, but if they are going to make some strange aggregate civilization, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cahokia under the Shawnee.

Also, now that we are mentioning the Shawnee... has anyone seen Cahokia in any of the screenshots? Cahokia was never under Shawnee territory if I recall correctly, but if they are going to make some strange aggregate civilization, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cahokia under the Shawnee.

I don't think Cahokia's been spotted in any screenshot or video, although of course we haven't seen 90% of the CS anyways.

I didn't consider the Shawnee previously, but the discussion so far has convinced me they might make a good candidate for the Native American civ, especially if Tecumseh is considered.

Although whether this weird "barbarian" unit proves the existence of the Shawnee or an Eastern American civ, I dunno - it'sstill all rampant speculation for now!

I don't think Cahokia's been spotted in any screenshot or video, although of course we haven't seen 90% of the CS anyways.

I didn't consider the Shawnee previously, but the discussion so far has convinced me they might make a good candidate for the Native American civ, especially if Tecumseh is considered.

Although whether this weird "barbarian" unit proves the existence of the Shawnee or an Eastern American civ, I dunno - it'sstill all rampant speculation for now!

Isn't that the best kind of speculation?

It's just odd how they made a new marker with a tomahawk, doesn't make sense to just make that a normal barbarian unit. *twitch* it's gotta be a new civ!

Top Bottom