Permission to upload an updated version of AND Mega Civ Pack

Maska_zgz

Warlord
Hi all, I would like to share with everyone something I've done, but I need to know if I have to ask for some kind of permission to the creator, as the original work is not mine. I just updated a submod, the work of others, to the latest version of AND.

If I have permission to upload it here, and go slowly updating it, I'll be happy to share it.

I have updated, in part by now, AND Mega Civ Pack, for personal use. There is no longer GameText errors, and all the text (I think) is properly in place. I also repaired an entry in a <DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold>, that was causing errors.

I too removed the problematic favorite civics (Pairlament and Vassalage), putting in its place NONE, and I will start a thorough investigation of each of these leaders, if possible, to put the proper favorite civic.

Also, I have removed the requirement "bonus_sulphur" and "bonus_ammo" for some units, as these resources are no longer used and caused errors. There were also a unit that could be upgraded to a nonexistent unitclass, unitclass_tesla_infantry, and as this unitclass no longer exists, I removed this update putting the appropriate update for this unit in AND 2.1. All works well. I played a very long game, Blitz / Noble / Large smoothly.

However, besides find a favorite civic for every leader, I would like to review all buildings and units to see if they match whith their counterparts in AND 2.1 (updates, stats, etc.). Maybe there is some problem of balance in the units (as they surely have been done many changes in the units over time) and maybe some error or incompatibility, but I'll be happy to fix it if someone tells me those errors.

Any help, advice, complaint and suggestion will be very welcome. :)

I see no reason why this can't be a Modmod for AND2.1.

I know many players have asked about the Mega Civ Pack. But the team's focus has been bug fixes and balance.

As for the original creator of the MCP, I'm not sure he even visits the forum anymore. If you've updated and refined it I'm sure there would be no problem uploading it to share. If you know who the originator of the MCP was then be sure to give him Credit in the Readme file.

JosEPh :)

Ok. Thank you very much to you both. I will continue working on the mega civ pack and I'll upload it here in a few days. Check all units and buildings cost time, but I will. I'll start with the revision of the leaders and then, I'll check the units and buildings civilization by civilization.

See you!

That is good news ! Maybe you can make a light pack where you only add the influent missing civs, then a full pack with all the others ?

Do you need some help ?

Thanks you, anyway, for your work !

That is good news ! Maybe you can make a light pack where you only add the influent missing civs, then a full pack with all the others ?

Do you need some help ?

Thanks you, anyway, for your work !

What would be, from your point of view, these factions? I'm reviewing the entire list from A to Z, but if there is a general consensus on the most important factions, I could work on finishing those first.

I don't think there is any hurry in doing this work. Based on the list in the former thread, i should said:
Apache
Austria
Brazil
Canada
Cherokee
Chile
Colombia
Cuba
Denmark
Etruscans
Goths
Hungary
Huns
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Kazakh
Morocco
Mycenae
Olmec
Poland
Polynesia
Scotland
Scythia
Sioux
Switzerland
Venice
Vietnam
West Indies

This sound the 30 more influent civ (mean with history) in the list BUT i'm far from being an historian :king:

If everyone prefers to make a Lite version with civs that are considered historically important , I will not have any problem doing.

As am going to analyze everything in depth, maybe is a good idea to upload the files that at least seems to work smoothly with AND 2.1. So those who want to use it as soon as possible may do so, and report bugs, problems and imbalances.

I think I have to make a "working structure". The first thing I do is check all the leaders, as I have found that some favorite civics and traits, according to my point of view, not really reflect the personality of the historic leader. When I have a list of possible changes, I'll ask advice and opinions on this forum about these changes.

For example, is given to the leader of the Ashanti people, Osei (Osei Kofi Tutu I), the favorite civic Parliament, whose nearest equivalent in AND 2.1 would be Senate (I think). However, Osei Tutu and his descendants are a hereditary absolute monarchy, strongly reinforced by their religion, as Osei was both the religious leader. In fact, Osei Tutu was quite despot.

It is true that the Ashanti have a Council of Elders composed of representative of various tribes, which may even depose the king if this is a bad king, but the new king necessarily have to be an heir to the royal house.

It might be a little exaggerated, but I want to review historically each of the leaders. Once finished with the leaders, I start with the rest.

Hi Maska,

How did you repair <DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold> problem and what exactly causes it?

I also made lite (9 civs) AND version of megaback for personal use long time ago. It has still worked with earlier AND2 revisions but now it causes crash during turn one:eek:

I have done everything same you mentioned in first post expect that <DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold> fix, so I figured maybe thats way I get crash..? It also looks like only indonesia dont work right and if I build their first city via WB I get no crash.

Please update the Megaback, its a piece of art and this resurrected great mod deserves it:goodjob:

I'm sorry, I'm now on holiday in my town, and I have no pc or internet (just my mobile phone with internet). I back to home on Monday and will continue working on the submod.

@ rtt4a

I have not detected any special problem with Indonesia, but when I get home I will investigate. Nor I can tell you exactly what was the error in the entry <DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold>, I can only tell you that caused an error to the initiate the mod. Another thing not mentioned, you need change the format of many CIV4GameText.xml of utf-8 to ISO-8859-1, to avoid problems. On Monday I'll answer your questions more accurately.

I'm sorry, I'm now on holiday in my town, and I have no pc or internet (just my mobile phone with internet). I back to home on Monday and will continue working on the submod.

@ rtt4a

I have not detected any special problem with Indonesia, but when I get home I will investigate. Nor I can tell you exactly what was the error in the entry <DemandTributeAttitudeThreshold>, I can only tell you that caused an error to the initiate the mod. Another thing not mentioned, you need change the format of many CIV4GameText.xml of utf-8 to ISO-8859-1, to avoid problems. On Monday I'll answer your questions more accurately.

Actually it is not indonesia, my problem is more "mystic":) I have added 9 civs in game and I have scenario with 40 civs. It crash on turn one but if I take Indonesia and any other civ out of map it works:confused:

Top Bottom