Updated AND 2.1 Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Maska ! The french translation is complete against 1.2 + hotfix. You can download it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/369241/civMegaPack_1.2HF_fr_FR.zip

If you have some difficulties to merge it, just send me the files you are working on and i'll merge it myself with your working revision.

Now, i'll try to keep up with the main mod translation as Vokarya gave me a lot of work with that new strategy file ^^

Thanks you for this mod : )

Thank you so much, I'm waiting for Vokarya and other people to do some more suggestions. Vokarya was supposed to take a look at the buildings of Mega Civ Pack.

I'll put your translations in the second post. Once have more suggestions, if any, I merging your translation in the next patch.

Really, thank you very much for your effort! :goodjob:

In response to the area I highlighted. If Civ IV .exe in your Task Manager exceeds 2.4 GB ( "only consumes 1,811,956 of ram" = 1.8GB of ram usage) the probability of MAF increases greatly. If it exceeds 2.6GB it Will MAF mid game, if it hits 2.8GB it will MAF early game. Even with all these steps Maska has posted for keeping your PC running smooth. The Civ IV engine is a 32 bit single thread engine It has a Graphical Load Limit.

No. As I said, you can convert an application of 32 bytes with various programs, and so these applications will be able to use much more memory than normal. And thanks to this, Civ4 not have MAFs until almost 3.6 GB of ram used, instead 2.6 GB. What at least in my case, and I squeeze this game, I have not never MAFs.

One of the most downloaded mods for Skyrim, was just an Skyrim.exe modified with the 4GB_Patch program, which allowed to overcome the problem of Skyrim CTDs due to insufficient memory. This mod was massively downloaded. Finally Bethesda on a Skyrim update patch, allow more memory usage, exactly the same as mod. Similar mods exists in other games as Fallout, for example. And it takes only a second to do the same with the BTS exe. You can try it for yourself. In my case work perfectly.

Now there are 2 things that will help. Use Both of koshlings Graphics options, Viewports and Graphical paging. But If you put more than 48 Custom Civs in your game even these can be overloaded. And if you only use 1 of koshlings BUG Options It Will Be overloaded.

C2C has ran head long into this issue. Zappara ran into it back in the RoM heydays when the RoM Mega Civ pack was introduced.

SO I put out this Warning. Using/Having the Mega Civ pack is Great but Don't get carried away and try to use more than 48. I've warned you.

JosEPh

I can only speak from my own experience, like anyone else, and in my experience always play with a minimum of 30 civilizations and sometimes up to 50, and Revolution mod active. Typically are 35-40 civs, and for two years in different mods, and never have MAFs. Previously, I had MAFs, but not now.

This is the first post I wrote last year on the forum for this mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12812919#post12812919

And I finished this game without MAFs. A Giant map with 50 civs in game. And I had no idea of the existence of Mega Civ Pack around that time. In that moment or now, I have no interest in saying something that is not true. I, and I emphasize this point, I do not have MAFs from two years ago. And I play games that squeeze the maximum this game.

In my last game I mentioned in a previous post of this thread, were almost 50 civs, more revolutions, and very many more options in a Huge map. And in the last turn of my game, which I did not win by far, after 2400 turns at speed Marathon, my game barely not exceed the 2 GB of ram used, and until 3,4 or 3.6 GB not would start to have problems. That gives me a minimum space of security over 1.4 GB. So I finished this game without MAFs.

AND, by itself, when initiating the mod, only consumes 195.340 KB in my computer. With ALL my mods installed, not only Mega Civ Pack, consumes 229,400 in my computer, 35 mb more. Caveman2Cosmos mod consumes 436,356 in my computer only starting the mod. Almost twice. No comparison possible. That's my case, I do not know how many resources consumes the mod to other people.

But as not everyone can do this, I advise, as Joseph says, not using too many civs in his games. Although it is logical to know that having more civilizations to choose from not forcing you to play with 50 civs. It's just more variety. This variety adds graphical load to the game, only 35 mb more at starting with ALL my mods, not only the Mega Civ Pack, but if everyone knows the limits of your computer, will continue configuring their games as always.

And if even using very few civs, after the installation of the Mega Civ Pack suffer a single MAF using these mods, configuring his game as always, and never before had MAFs, only remove a few civilizations that are not to their liking. It's easy, just have to erase the folder of that civilization. So, test after test, each may achieve a stable game.

But as I said before, I can play games with more than 40 civs without MAFS. And this has nothing to do with my mods. Simply, I can do it. So people with similar or better computer than mine, can also do it, if they put effort into achieving it.

Really, thank you very much for your effort! :goodjob:
Thank to you ! I'll try to keep up-to-date with your mod now.

As I said, you can convert an application of 32 bytes with various programs, and so these applications will be able to use much more memory than normal. And thanks to this, Civ4 not have MAFs until almost 3.6 GB of ram used, instead 2.6 GB. What at least in my case, and I squeeze this game, I have not never MAFs.
I didn't know about that. I knew that 32bits systems can use more than 3,6go with the PAE actived, but not that program could be patched to bypass the 32bits limitation. Nice info !
For those who are interested : Link

Thank to you ! I'll try to keep up-to-date with your mod now.

I didn't know about that. I knew that 32bits systems can use more than 3,6go with the PAE actived, but not that program could be patched to bypass the 32bits limitation. Nice info !
For those who are interested : Link

Yes, Physical Address Extension (PAE) only increases the physical memory addressable by 32-bit systems from 4 GB to 64 GB, but the bad thing is that 32-bit applications continue to have a limited use of memory. Patching the exe of a 32-bit application with 4GB_patch program, we obtained that a 32-bit application can increase his capacity to use virtual memory until 4 GB, but only on 64-bit systems.

I'm doing some proofreading on the UB's right now. Here's something I have noticed: the Copperworks (UB for Chile) is pretty underpowered. It costs +50 hammers over the Factory (325 over regular 275) and it only has a pretty small bonus: +3 hammers and +2 commerce with Copper. I would reduce the Copperworks' cost to 275 at the very least. It might need something else as well, but I don't know for sure what that might be.

I think it would be wise to check and remove those barbarian city names that also appear as a civ. For exaple in my current game I met the Olmec civ and not far from them there is a barbarian city named Olmec :lol:
There are many other dublicatons, like Minoan, Scythian or Magyar (city) = Hungarian (civ).

I'm doing some proofreading on the UB's right now. Here's something I have noticed: the Copperworks (UB for Chile) is pretty underpowered. It costs +50 hammers over the Factory (325 over regular 275) and it only has a pretty small bonus: +3 hammers and +2 commerce with Copper. I would reduce the Copperworks' cost to 275 at the very least. It might need something else as well, but I don't know for sure what that might be.

Wow, it is a very expensive price for that building. I did not realize this when I check the buildings, thank you very much. I'll think of something that can be add to that building, if you've got an idea about it, please let me know. At the moment I'm going to lower their cost of production to 275.

I think it would be wise to check and remove those barbarian city names that also appear as a civ. For exaple in my current game I met the Olmec civ and not far from them there is a barbarian city named Olmec :lol:
There are many other dublicatons, like Minoan, Scythian or Magyar (city) = Hungarian (civ).

Yes, it is a good idea, I will try to do this for the next patch. Thank you very much.

I finished my looking at the Unique Buildings of the modpack. I have some ideas to share.

Barracks UBs: Both the Toqui Hut (Mapuche UB) and Kurash Ring (Timurid UB) grant +2 XP to Animal units. We don't have any buildable animal units in AND -- I think this is a leftover from various War Dog units in previous versions of RoM/AND. I would not be in favor of bringing those units back, and I think that bonus to Animals should probably be dropped.

Hambar (Serbian UB): This gets a much bigger bonus than other UB's that get a bonus from a resource normally get. Hambar gets +6 food and +2 health from Corn, while some other examples are Dye Facility gets +3 commerce from Dye, Coffee Estate gets +1 food/+3 commerce from Coffee, Stockfish gets +3 food/+1 commerce from Fish, and Horse Farm gets +2 health/+1 happiness from Horse. I think Hambar should be dropped to +3 food and total +2 health from Corn.

Khachkar (Armenian UB): This feels way more like it should be a Graveyard replacement instead of a Healer's Hut replacement. The text even mentions that they were used for tombstones.

Qat Field (Yemeni UB): I think this should be an Apothecary replacement instead of a Healer's Hut replacement. We have several Healer's Hut replacements and I think taking advantage of some new buildings would be better.

Smoke House (Apache UB): This one feels like it should be a Butchery replacement instead of a Market replacement. I think you can just transplant the happiness bonuses over to a Butchery.

Stadiums: There are three UB's that I think should be converted from Opera House replacements to Stadium replacements. Each one would get its own bonus:
  • Brazilian Estadio de Futebol would get 1 free Celebrity.
  • Canadian Hockey Rink would get +2 happiness.
  • West Indies Cricket Ground would get +2 Merchant slots.
You wouldn't need to keep any of the other UB adjustments. I think those are fairly standard UB bonuses.

I think that's enough for the moment. Let me know if you agree with any of this.

I finished my looking at the Unique Buildings of the modpack. I have some ideas to share.

Barracks UBs: Both the Toqui Hut (Mapuche UB) and Kurash Ring (Timurid UB) grant +2 XP to Animal units. We don't have any buildable animal units in AND -- I think this is a leftover from various War Dog units in previous versions of RoM/AND. I would not be in favor of bringing those units back, and I think that bonus to Animals should probably be dropped.

Hambar (Serbian UB): This gets a much bigger bonus than other UB's that get a bonus from a resource normally get. Hambar gets +6 food and +2 health from Corn, while some other examples are Dye Facility gets +3 commerce from Dye, Coffee Estate gets +1 food/+3 commerce from Coffee, Stockfish gets +3 food/+1 commerce from Fish, and Horse Farm gets +2 health/+1 happiness from Horse. I think Hambar should be dropped to +3 food and total +2 health from Corn.

Khachkar (Armenian UB): This feels way more like it should be a Graveyard replacement instead of a Healer's Hut replacement. The text even mentions that they were used for tombstones.

Qat Field (Yemeni UB): I think this should be an Apothecary replacement instead of a Healer's Hut replacement. We have several Healer's Hut replacements and I think taking advantage of some new buildings would be better.

Smoke House (Apache UB): This one feels like it should be a Butchery replacement instead of a Market replacement. I think you can just transplant the happiness bonuses over to a Butchery.

Stadiums: There are three UB's that I think should be converted from Opera House replacements to Stadium replacements. Each one would get its own bonus:
  • Brazilian Estadio de Futebol would get 1 free Celebrity.
  • Canadian Hockey Rink would get +2 happiness.
  • West Indies Cricket Ground would get +2 Merchant slots.
You wouldn't need to keep any of the other UB adjustments. I think those are fairly standard UB bonuses.

I think that's enough for the moment. Let me know if you agree with any of this.

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I could read your messages from the mobile phone, but I do not like writing from the mobile phone.

All your proposals seem to me very good and logical, and make that new buildings fit more with AND. All these changes have already been made, will come out with the next patch. Thank you very much.

About the bonus to animal training, I wanted to ask in the forum, but do not take note of it, and I totally forgot to ask.

Hi Maska, i've updated some french strings.
Here is the french update 2 in a pack with only the changed files from update 1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/369241/CMP_1.2HF_FRENCH_UPDATE_2.7z

Here is a file containing the updates 1 and 2 if you haven't began the merge process:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/369241/CMP_1.2HF_FRENCH_UPDATE_1_N_2.zip

I have some strings to update there and there, do you want me to wait for the next version before sending it to you ?

Of course, I will wait whatever it takes. I want with the next patch, Mega Civ Pack is fully updated and merged with AND the most perfectly possible. I'll upload this patch with no hurry. Subsequent patches should be lowercase corrections or new features added. I will wait your translations. Thank you very much.

Just a side note:

About the Burmese UB: I don't remember the name, it's a stupa, a replacement of observatory (with +1 trade route). It requires peak in city vicinity, but maybe it is not necessary. I think it was already discussed about the French Sallon that UBs could have less restrictions.

Hi all, I've finally gotten a job, after almost two and half years unemployed. The crisis in Spain is horrible, but hey, it seems that in my case the situation is improving. This means that during the week I can barely use the computer, but on the weekend I will work hard on the mod.

I have to upgrade the mod to the latest revision of Vokarya, this will be very fast. Also I have to fix the names of the barbarian cities, and some other things. I will wait the translation into French of dbkblk, and see if Vokarya has something more to say about the UBs in the mod, or if think that everything fits with AND.

Once all this this fixed, I'll upload the next patch. Thank you all. :)

Hi all, I've finally gotten a job, after almost two and half years unemployed. The crisis in Spain is horrible, but hey, it seems that in my case the situation is improving

Congratulations, this is very good news! All the best for your new job! :) (Here in Italy we also know what unemployment means, unfortunately :( )

I know, all of southern Europe is suffering a lot with the crisis. That almost 50% of young people in Spain are unemployed proves it. I had money saved, so I've managed to live with my girlfriend all this time thanks to these savings.

Anyway, we hope that these turns of negative economy finally finished, and we can expand our empire. And if we're lucky and the economy allows, maybe soon our capital finally achieve three of population. :lol:

Congrats for your job!

All the same in Hungary. In the past 2 years I had 7 months of work alltogether.
From January to April I am working in a communal work. We had elections this month, so the goverment does not continue it I guess :p

EDIT: Looks like no civ in our world has generated any GP to start a Golden Age :dunno: Or is it some bug? Can someone patch it? :lol:

Just a side note:

About the Burmese UB: I don't remember the name, it's a stupa, a replacement of observatory (with +1 trade route). It requires peak in city vicinity, but maybe it is not necessary. I think it was already discussed about the French Sallon that UBs could have less restrictions.

I'll take a look at this. I do not know where in the forum was discussed about French Sallon building. If anyone can tell me anything about it I would greatly appreciate it. If necessary, I can remove the requirement of a peak in the vicinity.

EDIT: Looks like no civ in our world has generated any GP to start a Golden Age :dunno: Or is it some bug? Can someone patch it? :lol:

I think to fix this bug as minimum is necesary a advanced knowledge of dll compilation. I have no idea of this, so maybe an expert modder can do something. :lol:

Good news for your job Maska ! Take a look at your PM inbox.

The economic situation in southern Europe countries isn't really good. Just remember every good change in states happened because of crisis. There is no logic in there, people always want to get cheaper, the economy want them to buy cheaper, then nobody have enough money to employ...

Not to make a propaganda but take a look at the "basic income" concept which is a raising star in Europe (every country have a national association). I have high hopes to see such a system in Europe before to die. And please spread the word in your country, as Spain just get the right to make a petition on this subject.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13162285 said:
Congratulations, this is very good news! All the best for your new job! :) (Here in Italy we also know what unemployment means, unfortunately :( )

Also wish to give Congratulations to you Maska_zgz

But in the USA don't let the US Gov't figures fool you. It's not good here either. They only report those eligible for Unemployment benefits. If you have used up your benefits you are dropped from the count. So America's unemployment is much much higher than the Gov't reports indicate. Almost 4 times higher if truth be told. Bad times are upon us all.

JosEPh

So America's unemployment is much much higher than the Gov't reports indicate. Almost 4 times higher if truth be told. Bad times are upon us all.
I heard that the Gini coefficient, which basically represent the differences between the more rich and the more poor people, is rising in the USA and in Asia. Think also about the fact that richs are getting more rich faster than the economic growth, which just mean that the whole system need to be revised.

I should've posted this before.

Fantastic job with the Mega Pack!!
:goodjob:

Not to make a propaganda but take a look at the "basic income" concept which is a raising star in Europe (every country have a national association). I have high hopes to see such a system in Europe before to die. And please spread the word in your country, as Spain just get the right to make a petition on this subject.

Totally agree. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom