Rise Of Mankind 2.91 Random Crash at Specific Turn

Flak Fox

Radioactive Vulpine
This is extremely irritating. I finally found myself getting back into Civ IV, and the love bug hit me hard with this game. I've dedicated three after-work nights to this specific mod and one specific playthrough on marathon. The game was just getting extremely interesting...

Except, now, I crash for seemingly no reason when ending turn 756, year 1592 AD. I have not experienced one crash since this time, and now I consistently crash at exactly this turn every time I try to end it.

Would changing some of the RevDCM options cause this? I'm inclined not to think so since I only turned on Enhanced Air Bombardment (no one has aircraft yet), Fighter Engagement (same), Attack Support, and Holy City Relocation.

I'm going to try resetting these to default and a few other things, but if there are any specific log files or anything you might need that could help, let me know.

If I have to start all over again, I'll probably never play this mod again >_>

Long time Legends of Revolutions fan here, but looking for something new with a bit more depth. This seems like the ticket, but now I am not so sure...

Update: Well, resetting to default fixed it, but ticking each option back on one at a time/ending the turn, I wasn't able to replicate the issue. A shame, because I would have liked to have helped give the modders something to look into or other people with this problem in the future a proper solution.

Hmm, I remember a really old AND2 revision had constant crashing issues in that 1400AD - 1600AD period, but that should have been solved by now. Not sure if that's the same bug you were running into or not, but it certainly sounds familiar.

Are you using the most recent SVN version?

Are you playing with unit-per-tile limit ? It caused most of my freeze.

Flak Fox, RoM 2.91is YEARS old and not supported since a VERY long time. This is Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn forum, a modmod for RoM which now lives on its own and has gone a long way from RoM 2.91. Feel free to try AND, it's way better and bugs free than RoM 2.91 has ever been.:)

This is extremely irritating. I finally found myself getting back into Civ IV, and the love bug hit me hard with this game. I've dedicated three after-work nights to this specific mod and one specific playthrough on marathon. The game was just getting extremely interesting...

Except, now, I crash for seemingly no reason when ending turn 756, year 1592 AD. I have not experienced one crash since this time, and now I consistently crash at exactly this turn every time I try to end it.

Would changing some of the RevDCM options cause this? I'm inclined not to think so since I only turned on Enhanced Air Bombardment (no one has aircraft yet), Fighter Engagement (same), Attack Support, and Holy City Relocation.

I'm going to try resetting these to default and a few other things, but if there are any specific log files or anything you might need that could help, let me know.

If I have to start all over again, I'll probably never play this mod again >_>

Long time Legends of Revolutions fan here, but looking for something new with a bit more depth. This seems like the ticket, but now I am not so sure...

Update: Well, resetting to default fixed it, but ticking each option back on one at a time/ending the turn, I wasn't able to replicate the issue. A shame, because I would have liked to have helped give the modders something to look into or other people with this problem in the future a proper solution.

1st glad you got past the problem, 2nd be aware that the REVDCM version in both RoM2.91 and 2.92 had Known bugs that the Then REV team had not fixed.

If you can mod then take the core RoM2.91 and merge the latest REV version into it for a more "stable" version. When and if you can do that, then in the Main RoM forum, make a Thread announcing you New work and provide a link for others to D/L it and enjoy it too.

Thanks
JosEPh

Wow, I apparently suck at finding the 'latest' then since I went to what appeared to be the thread with the latest and since 2.92 appeared to be 'torrent only', I opted for 2.91 instead (direct download is just way quicker for me).

In any case, my apologies on the mistake. I haven't had any other crashes since so :O

Wow, I apparently suck at finding the 'latest' then since I went to what appeared to be the thread with the latest and since 2.92 appeared to be 'torrent only', I opted for 2.91 instead (direct download is just way quicker for me).

In any case, my apologies on the mistake. I haven't had any other crashes since so :O

2.91 is more Stable than 2.92.

If you start with too many AI and you have either or both REV and Barb Civ enabled you will eventually start getting CTDs/MAFs unless you have an x64 OS with more than 4 GB of ram. Video ram should be 1Gb or better too. Too many players want the 50 AI in their game not understanding that those versions can not support more than 48 AI plus Barb plus Player. In reality RoM 2.91 and 2.92 on a 32bit OS system can not support more than 28 Civs in the Medieval Era much less the Modern Era.

JosEPh

Top Bottom