Imported PTW MOD crash !

Dek

Chieftain
Hi,

I was making my own personal scenario (i'm a selfish b'stard ;o)), based on the DYP with many changes, for Civ3PTW. I was able to play 3 or 4 games without problems with it even though the mod is far from being finished.

Then came Conquests. So i decide to benefit from the new stuff. I load the Conquests Editor and load my scenario. At this point Conquests made the necessary compatibility changes - so it says - and i'm able to load my scenario into Conquests.

The problem is that i get a crash each time i try to go into City View. I have no message at all so i don't know where the problem is caming from.
I get the same crash when i read the Civilopedia, at the same point (in City Improvement list > after "Centrale Thermique" - i have french localized version so the ordering is different from US/UK versions)

Strangely if i load my scenario into PTW (the one installed with Conquests) i have no crash.

My Civ3 is a fresh install with 1.29ff patch. Conquests is fresh install with 1.01 then 1.02 and finally 1.22 patches.

Any idea why these strange crashes occured.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Dek

There are so many changes between Conquests and PTW that they're not really compatible for certain scenarios. DyP is one of them. Which is why we aren't playing it (without severe modification) in Conquests.

You can go over to the DyP folks (since your mod is based on thiers) and ask them how to convert. There are a few posts in the last few pages that deal with it. Sorry, no linky. :( But people have converted it. It's a bit more work to do than just loading it.

Or you can wait until their C3C mod, Rise and Rule comes out, and then mod RnR more towards your mod.

Thanks Turner_727 but it won't be necessary to wait.

I just found the guilty one. It was one of my improvement : the "Centre d'Art et d'Essais". In the Pedialcons.txt i forgot to put the "SINGLE".

That crash in Conquests (but not in PTW) :
#ICON_BLDG_Centre_Art_Essais
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\PAClarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\pacsmall.pcx

That did not crash in Conquests :
#ICON_BLDG_Centre_Art_Essais
SINGLE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\PAClarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\pacsmall.pcx

Conquests is less permissive then PTW.
But now i can go on.

Hope it will help.

Dek

So do I, for your sake. Nothing more frustrating than a mod that doesn't work. I tried very early on, and couldn't do it. This was before I knew about CFC... anyways, good luck!

Top Bottom