Warhammer Conversion Beta - Download/Debug Thread

Awsome, im downloading now :) the subterranean trait looks nice:), and destruction religion is cool too, thanks :D
What about the misscast chance of spells? thats not in patch g? (its quite a big problem really, iliminates use of spellcasters for most of the game (untill you get Tier three casters that is ;) )

ok, had a game of the dwarfs, on a huge hemisphere 3 continent map.

first thing i noticed was that subterrainian doubles summoned units time. that cant be on purpose.
second thing was that Subterranean needs some benefit because only buildign on hills is quite a dissadvantage (but a cool one that i like) i suggest maybe bonus production from hills and ability to work peaks, and perhaps also be able to build cottages on all hill types (Ice, tundra, desert, plains, grassland etc etc.)

luckily i had the skaven on my continent so i was ableto see how the AI handles subterranean too. unfortunately they seem kindof confused by it becasue i had the skaven building cities 1 square appart in really hilly reagions, but ignoring hills that are standing on their own that would make excelent city locations. (like in a massive jungle area with a hill surounded by dyes and a banana). but i didnt find that this weakend them in the least they were still better than quaite a few other civs.

About the religions: as the dwarves i obviously founded the ancestor gods instantly, that shocked me :D, so im thinking "all right, cool, rush priests and convert skaven and beastmen (my only neighbors) to ancestors" but lo and behold, they wouldnt convert :( that made me sad. as i had no freinds on my continent and war was immnent so i tried to befriend them and we were getting along really well ( at one stage skaven were pleased with me) and then all of a sudden they start demanding tribute (even though i was way tougher than them) and declare war on me when i refused. seems quite wierd to me really. (although i knew it was going to happen eventually)

also the AI still really rely heavily on cattapults and chariots, which is odd too (but i know you know this, just repeating it for the sake of it ;) )

i had one error message throughout the whole game (posted below) regarding the insane trait.

Attachments

• insane error.jpg
    insane error.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 316
The update looks awesome, a friend has been playing me at FfH recently so I haven't had the time to keep playtesting but I'll get to it this weekend. <3

Btw in the future when the game fleshes out some more we should all sit down and play together. <3

Hello All,

This is my First try of this mod, what i have seen so far I like very much.
I am Playing the Woodelves, on Noble Difficulty, Huge Panegna Map.

Havnt played it much gone from 4000bc to 3720bc, I have noticed that many of the civ's that I have met(Goldtooth, Morghur, Jaffar, Hobgobla Khan, Gilles, Anaconda(leaders names)) all seem to be missing thier first contact greeting, just lists that wired coding thing instead(AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_BLAH thing:) ).
Also alot of the units seem to be missing thier City Graphics, just lists them as a Black Replace Me icon instead(Elven Worker, Warrior Horde, Apprentice, Zealot, Hedgewizard are the culprits).
The elven Workers seem to like to Build Farm's(on non forested areas) outside city radius but within cultural borders, rather than build farms on Forested areas in side the city radius.

Edit:
Roaming Tutorage, Barter & God King Civic's have missing Description's(Upon First Discover, not in the Civic Menu). (TXT_KEY_CIVIC_BLAH_BLAH_STRATEGY :) )
Wheelright Building also has a Replace Me Icon.
Can add Borgio & Mannfred to the missing First Contact greeting list.

Will update post as I go along :)

Hey DCMage :), im glad you like the mod so far :D

yes, there is still a lot of the mod that needs fleshing out, and we are currently short on writers to fill in things like civ greetings and descriptions for stuff.
im also currently working on buttons for all the units (and buildings), so a lot of those "replaceme's" are known about. however, if you see any pink buttons let us know ;)

ive also noticed the elf workers fasination of buildign farms everywhere.

If you would like to help out you can play test and help us weedle out bugs, which will speed up the process a fair bit, (or you can help with writing entries for leader greetings, civilopedia, etc if you're really enthusiastic ;))

Well I dont mind a bit of Decription writing if ur short for ppl to do this, I'm guessign you have a list of stuff that need witing up? Save me playtesting it to get myself a list maybe? Mail me, mageuk@hotmail.com

Thats also my MSN thingy too, not that i use it much ;)

Finaly got to the Tier 3 Units(Got to love or hate Marathon :) ) anyways, I finaly used up all the promotions on my Hedgewizards and Mages, went off to cast a few spells Inspiration, Purify and get a message about a Miscast (TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_SPELL_MISCAST) and nothing happens :(

Happens on all spells as it goes :-/

Not Found
The requested URL /warhammer/files/Patch011h.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Happens for the new Patch.

well, seems like they can when they have a certain building, but that wasn´t mentioned in the description?

Yeah they need a wheelwright like chariots. Buildingrequirements for units aren't displayed yet. But as future versions of Fall from Heaven will probably introduce that anyway once it's time to get to cosmetics again I didn't want to bother about that now.

Top Bottom