My totally unbiased and definitely not paid for by 2k review

First of all, Great Review Afforess, realy unparcial, unlike most we see around, that just seem to hate or love the game.
I bougth the game last week, i instaled and started to play.... my first thougth was ''i got to get a cow near my capital so i can build a butchery then a tannery to boost my early tools'' then i realized i wasnt playng New Dawn.... I like the graphics, they are cleaner, but the AI and mainly the lack of stuff just made me get bored in 3 hours and made me re-instal civ 4 with Rise of Mankind a New Dawn.
What always atracted me to Civilization series was it`s complexity, its sum of so much factors, that you could barely breath... And compared to ur mod Civ 5 just don't do it....
What i would like to say, is that PLEASE mod something, get a nice team united, like u guys did on civ 4 and do the hell of a job u guys did there...I think civ 5 has future, but need peoples like you to morth the game on its Full Potential.If i could i would stay for ever on a civ 4 with improved graphics, but i hate CTD's, and they happent a lot on civ 4 mods, i just hope Civ 5 is STABLE like my facist dictatorship on the new dawn!
Btw, just loved 1.75(A) if things dont work out for civ 5, you will always have ur loyal civ 4 fans!!

PS:I never saw a Sid Meier game with good ai(i know civ 4 ai is better then 5, but that is the same then comparing windows 7 to Vista... its an improvement, but still bad).The very first game i owned was Transport Tycoon, the game was realy fun but the AI was just obnoxious.Here's a little example

Getting from point A to Point B the easiest way

Just.... WTF?

Can't disagree more. You can (and I have tried to) keep my review entirely on Civilization 5 and have ignored past games. Fact is that Civilization 5 is a new game, with a new development team, and Jon Shafer has attempted to (and largely succeeded) to distance himself from Soren, and other past dev's. You can argue that the other games were made by the same company, and should be compared, but 5 years in the game development world is like 2 generations of people. Should I compare you to your grandfather's personality, successes, and failures? I hope not. I doubt anyone from the original Civ4 development was even on the Civ5 team.

As I have said at another place, they should have given V a different name, and many of the outrages would have been without proper basis.

V in my eyes is like Civ:Col. Comes by the same brand name and doesn't have much to do with it.

Anyway, you analogy as of above is wrong in my eyes.
There is a reasons why Porsche branded their SUV under a _name_ (Cayenne) instead of the world famous numbers (911).
Shafer, though, tried to brand his baby as something like Porsche 915, while is has like nothing to do with the desired sports car 911.

My point simply was that I don't think "dumbing down" was the problem Civ5 has. I agree more with another posters analysis of the subject, that Civilization 5 was built from a Board Game style game, not a God Simulator style game. While this has made Civilization 3 fans (who are completely mad, IMHO) happy, it has alienated the large part of the core fanbase.
Are you saying that people who loved CIV III , also love CIV 5 ? Enlight me, because i surely do not like CIV 5, and loved to play CIV III. More then IV

(for one thing; i cound not care less, if i see 1, 3 or now 12 people in a unit's animation; it only makes the map lookin more chaotic)

He meant that the people that defended that managing 400 small citiies packed together with 6-8 pop each and that stayed in civ III because for them civ IV was "mini Civ" ( exact quote ) will surely love the way civ V ( doesn't ) limit the number of cities ... or those that prefered a rather psycotic AI instead of one that , with all the shortcomings it has, atleast it has reasonable and easy to understand reasons for their actions... I'm pretty sure he didn't meant everyone that liked civ III, just the heavy civ III fanboys that dissed and diss of civ IV.

@Radunz

Oh, the TT AI was quite entertaining indeed :p You should try OpenTT , the AI there is a little more reasonable.

Top Bottom