Maps and Scenarios

IMO the city map doesn't actually work so well because;
a) It means that there are a ton of barbarian cities producing warriors from the very beginning, and the AI can't handle them all. Multiple civs end up getting taken out by barbs in the early game, or pillaged to death in such a way that they never manage to grow.
b) The AI isn't good at taking over barb cities as a form of growth. Its good at spamming settlers and using those to take ground, but not so good at seeing war as a form of growth.

@ Ploep: if youd like to focus on modding ill update the maps add in the new necessary resources (in the correct locations :p).

and a little side note: the cities map wasnt actualyl meant to be played, it was purely to find out the best places for cities to be when we incorporate rhyes spawning mechanics :p but seeing as people seem to enjoy it, ill update that one at some point too :p

EDIT: ill put more starting units for each civ so they have more of a chance against the barbs.

Good question. You beat me to it. I echo Greeneyedzombie's question.

I wanted a map I could play multiplayer on so I made this. Its non-canon (not the actual WH world) but everyones starts are fairly even and realistic, with barb pressure stronger on the slightly better starts.

Most of the mineral deposits are in the central core, where the barbs are strongest and you can get to most civs through the central core. different areas have different resources (spices etc.. are with the eastern civs, wheat etc.. near the western).

I am having trouble getting some screen shots up (don't ask me how but I think I broke paint.) Anyways I have the minimap so hopefully that'll do.

It might not be quite balanced yet, if you dont think it is please say what you think is wrong with it.

You should be able to get it here. I cant figure out how to upload it yet, so I have put it on sendspace for now. :)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f2tng7

Attachments

• Minimap.jpg
    Minimap.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 468
It might not be quite balanced yet, if you dont think it is please say what you think is wrong with it.

Ah... you forgot the Kurgan. ;) Enjoyed playing it as the Empire. Araby got boxed in by the Khemri, otherwise nice map!

Thanks for the feedback.

btw, as the Empire were the barbs too tough?

No. Are you talking about the skeletons to the south? Up to turn 200 and they never entered my borders at all, which i am a bit surprised about. Cathay settled in the core for one turn, and went "ah oh" (squish by barbs).

Only one restless saw action in the north in the early game, which easily killed itself to my archer on a forested hill.

Interesting map though. Stomped the Carsteins, now invading Brettonia.

Met some sneaky barbs in the centre ;) but have now cleared it out. The barbs went south into Cathay, I saw a stack of 6 undead going south. Ouch...

EDIT: Finished enjoyable scenario ;). Met 15 odd Shadow Beasts when i invaded in Ind and Cathay - these creatures are nastay! (Had to invade twice ;))

Every time I try to play one of the maps coming with the mod, it ctd after the first turn.

I have tweaked and removed and tried and tried... and finally I managed to fix the maps so they would not crash.

The ctds are caused by flames. Just remove every one of them from the map, either in the worldbuilder or a good old text editor, and the maps work !

I have tweaked and removed and tried and tried... and finally I managed to fix the maps so they would not crash.

The ctds are caused by flames. Just remove every one of them from the map, either in the worldbuilder or a good old text editor, and the maps work !

Thnx. It seemed to work. :D

wow thanks for that find Halancar! ill try fix this and reupload it when i have time.

I found that the Warhammer world map works for me (play it as a custom scenario), but many people find it doesn't work for them.

The map though really only works for a handful of factions at the present time, however. I recommend Brettonnia, Estalia, Tilea, or the Empire. Or Wood Elves, I guess. Everyone else is pretty boring.

ive made a wahammer specific random map script (well i customised the 'creation' map scrip so that the Wahrammer civs start in their favoured terrain most of the time)

i think ill make some more maps (and fix the current ones) after ive done the tech tree changes.

Uploaded a map I just made a few days ago. Feel free to wander all over it if you like ;) For WHFB 0.14.

Play as 1 of 15 civs: Druchii, Kurgan, Norsca, Cursed Lahmia, Beasts of Chaos, Skaven, Lustria, Iron Claw, Asrai, Asur, Khazukan, Tilea Estates, The Empire, Estalia, or the Grand Empire of Cathay. Not advisable to play Skaven.

Large map, Epic speed, raging barbs, aggressive ai, wildlands, random seed, and no tech brokerage.

EDIT: Oops. Map on next post, post #121. Unzip it in C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\WorldBuilder

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 501
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 463
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG