WHoC Teasers

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making

:mischief: take a look at how we are progressing on the mod :) as you will notice there are still a few things that need to be fixed (pink buttons and religions overlapping) but those pale in significance next to the other bugs we have ;) so this is just proof that we ARE working, but its not to say that its playable yet hehe.

4 New civilizations currently added in, each with 2 leaders:

The Empire:

Hung Nomads:

Kurgan Tribes:

Norsca:

All new Civics:

New Chaos Temples:

All new Tech Tree:

Revamped religions:

Attachments

• techteaser.jpg
    techteaser.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,392
  • techteaser2.jpg
    techteaser2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,368
  • Religion Teaser.jpg
    Religion Teaser.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,378
Random thoughts:
1. Why *three* councils? I'd go back to 2, and I preferred the old names: "The Alliance" and "The Covenant".

2. Should probably be Dwarves, not Dwarfs, no?

The mod is built on a Fall Further codebase.

Large religion icons and small religion icons are different files; we've replaced one, but not the other yet.
There are a *ton* of art placeholders, and things we haven't removed from FF.

We're not even really at an alpha build stage - though we have a lot of files coded that can be added in relatively rapidly once we fix our crash bugs.

Wow. Now this is a mod I am not only curious about, but actually looking forward to playing.

Hung Nomads? There is a "Damsel in Distress"-joke somewhere, but I won't make it. :D
Otherwise as NASAROG said.

NASAROG said:
Wow. Now this is a mod I am not only curious about, but actually looking forward to playing.

Fluesterwitz said:
Hung Nomads? There is a "Damsel in Distress"-joke somewhere, but I won't make it.
Otherwise as NASAROG said.

@Fluesterwitz
By all means, make the joke...:p

@Both
GREAT! We're trying to iron out some major bugs, the kind that impede basic gameplay. BUT we're hoping to get them taken care of ASAP. So, hopefully, sometime early in the new year, we'll have a working Alpha and a working Beta soon after.
I say hopefully though. Meaning if there's any bumps in the road... basically none of us can promise anything. We're definitely getting closer though. :D

what the???? the icons don't match :crazyeye:
We're more concerned at this point that all files that need/use art files have a corresponding art file. In other words, it may not match, but it's there. That means those files won't cause art errors. But P_L will make sure all the icons are correct by the final release.

well this isnt a graphical teaser but it is a bit of an update to all who are interested that we have finally fixed the CTD that was holding back development and can now work on the mod again at a much better pace. i hope to get an Alpha version playable by xmas.

Hey, I suspect if we whip you hard enough, we might even have a beta by Xmas :)

Also, while we're on timing, I should mention I am travelling ~Dec 27-Jan18 and will be offline for most of that. Going hoooome.

Hey, I suspect if we whip you hard enough, we might even have a beta by Xmas :)
By Xmas? You drive the XML slaves too hard, Ahri. :p I finish my finals this Friday. After that, I may get some time to do some stuff.

An update for the masses; slight delays, because PL's computer devoured his copy of Civ and all his patch work (and his operating system, and his...), and he has to reformat the entire hard drive.

thanks for the update ahri :)

my computer is back up and running and im almost finished reinstalling BTS. ill hopefully get patch a redone tomorrow (between gardening and car-washing :/) and have it uploaded before xmas.

i think its actually in a good enough state (or will be once i finish patch a) that we can release it to the public. but ill just warn everyone that IF (note: if) we do, it will be QUITE buggy and be missing a lot of content ;)

It will come with a debug DLL right?

Top Bottom