Figure out what Attila is speaking

All I know is when I meet Attila, I'm certain what he says to me has something to do with a bunch of dogs, my backside and what they're going to do do with me... or is that Genghis...

Jes sayin' :crazyeye:

About Atilla : actor is naturally Russian-speaker. It's very distinctive feature of his speech.
What exactly makes you think so?.. I personally cannot point out any specific feature of the Russian accent at all here. A Russian would have hard times preserving the original Chuvash vocalism, but that is mostly OK as far as I can hear.

What exactly makes you think so?.. I personally cannot point out any specific feature of the Russian accent at all here. A Russian would have hard times preserving the original Chuvash vocalism, but that is mostly OK as far as I can hear.

I'm Russian, and to me it sounds like the actor speaks with a Russian accent (which is totally understandable since Chuvashia is a part of Russia), especially in his reply to a declaration of war.

Source? Would like to read that :).

I thought it was somewhere stated that translation and voice acting was done by 2 different persons :confused:.
That's right, but the voice actor often can shed light on what lines he read.

I'm Russian, and to me it sounds like the actor speaks with a Russian accent (which is totally understandable since Chuvashia is a part of Russia), especially in his reply to a declaration of war.
Me too SUDDENLY. :) But as long as you cannot specify which features exactly do you consider as the Russian accent here.......

Apparently they had a sort of hunnic language, but many huns also spoke gothic so it could be one of those two.

Well, the few times I've heard Attila speak, I've been reminded of Japanese, oddly enough. ;) Not claiming anything here. It just sounds like a relatively open language, and the speech patterns remind me a lot more of Japanese than, say, the Russian I've heard.

dexter: To your question regarding Oda's Japanese, it certainly is either premodern Japanese, or not a dialect I can recognize. His voice pattens seem quite formal, even with some 'odd' (from modern ears) sounds. I can discuss this more with you elsewhere. (I'll also note that I am not a native speaker.)

Asked my friend, and he is speaking Chuvash.

However, it has its grammatical errors and not the best accent.

His first sentence is: Эсĕ халĕ Аттила умĕнче - You are standing in front of Atilla now, or something along the lines.

I think the Chuvash we hear from Attila is "broken" not because they couldn't find a better person, but maybe because they didn't want to. I mean, Attila did not speak Chuvash, so why should he speak perfect Chuvash in the game? I think he speaks with mistakes on purpose.

I agree with Igor. And what betraying actor russian origins? Well his pronounce ... the way he spell sounds.. he has very correct actor spelling for russian voice actor and from russian point he sounds corrrct - for russian. 2ndly its just obvious because i am sure 90% chuvashia inhabitants speak russian since it is pary of Rf... And talking with errors is just fit Atilla character... Remember how portrayed orcish speach in fantasy games... Here we have something similar

Sounds like it could be a Russian voice actor to me too. That exaggerated rolled R on one of his lines already had me thinking they synthesized his language from Russian and something Turkic... Chuvash with a Russian accent sounds about right, especially if we've got native speakers saying it's Chuvash.

Top Bottom