WWII PBEM - Tora

The siege of London is going badly for the plucky defenders, with the city seemingly being overwhelmed by the superior numbers of axis troops, supported by the Luftwaffe.

GPS on.

January 1944 has arrived! Unfortunately there is no winter now or the Russians would launch a winter offensive!

USA is forced to hand back over Dublin to the Nazis. Our men fought valiantly but we just can't seem to hold onto a beachhead base in Europe.

We have took 4 years to play 4 years in the game...
2012 => 2016
1940 => 1944

Sent onwwarfds the 1st week of February.

Jerusalem has fallen into German hands.

Er, as we're nearing the end game, I went looking for the VP cities, to see how far away everyone was - did Vladivostok get razed at some stage and I didn't notice?!?

did Vladivostok get razed at some stage and I didn't notice?!?
Yes, the Japanese broke a houserule... and this one did have an impact in the game... Vladivostok would have been a nuinsance for the Japanese. But this occured a whileback and even I did not remember that houserule... :(
We have to think about how to deal with this unintentional breach of the rules.

The loss of Jerusalem came as a surprise to Stalin, but the Russian forces were able to retake the city. However the Germans put up a good defense (got lucky) and losses were heavy on both sides.

Yes, the Japanese broke a houserule... and this one did have an impact in the game... Vladivostok would have been a nuinsance for the Japanese. But this occured a whileback and even I did not remember that houserule... :(
We have to think about how to deal with this unintentional breach of the rules.

Yes, unfortunately I broke unintentionally a house rule (completely forgot the VIP cities rule). And I agree, razing Vladivostock (two years ago) helped Japan considerably (otherwise it wouldn't be razed).

So, I'll take on board any punishment for this action. :(

Well, this week Japan lost a naval transporter (with units) in a city tile, due to English air raids. However, air attacks on ports should not be permitted as per the house rules. So, I'd like to ask Nighthawk to replay his turn. Thanks.

"Because of bugs, the following Air Missions are not allowed: Airbomb Buildings, Airbomb Factories, Fighter Engagement, Port Airbomb."

Ironically it is the one that broke the houserule before that noticed another houserule breaking...

If only I had detected the 1st houserule being broke back then...

Top Bottom