Featurette 1 Analysis and Discussion thread.

Great choices! Really pleased that Machaut in particular has made it in; I wouldn't have expected any medieval music.

However, Henry VIII by Morse is obviously a misattribution, since I'm pretty sure Morse wasn't famous for painting Henry VIII - and we already know that Holbein's Henry VIII is going to be added. I hope this kind of thing won't happen in-game - it's pretty immersion-breaking.

Seriously? People will actually pay attention to this stuff?? They are simply bonuses to add to available slots, assuming that one would even care to get such bonuses.

Well, I will pay attention to it. I was much less bothered by getting the 'wrong' Great People for whichever Civ I'm playing (although I know that bothers some people) than I would be by this. I think that if they're going to the trouble of not only naming Great Works but including snippets of them in the game, they might as well match them up correctly with the right Great Person.

Seriously? People will actually pay attention to this stuff?? They are simply bonuses to add to available slots, assuming that one would even care to get such bonuses.

Of course we care about it. The developers wouldn't bother making distinct choices otherwise.

Dyes, for sure.

Did anyone notice The Zulu have a different icon?

:( I preferred the old one - this one is boring...

Ah never saw them up close like that before, they look like stalactites/stalagmites (I can't remember which is which).

As for the Zulu, I agree but I think it may be an older version due to placeholders on a lot of the building as has been mentioned.

Don't know if anyone else has said this earlier in the thread, but the archeologists they showed looked more like Rensauce archeologists rather than placeholder modern workers. Their pants looked pretty poofy and their outfits pretty swag; not to mention their helmets had a different pattern to them.

I spotted Kuala Lumpur.

Anybody manage to spot the new resource, if they showed it at all?

Anyone notice the Caravans have two icons?
We had already seen the one with the camels:

You can also see it at 0:35

But at 1:00 we can see this icon:

Could it be, era-specific icons? :goodjob:
There were icons for all Great People for the later eras, but it was not used for some reason - maybe they'll implement it now! They did so with the advisers in Gods & Kings...
There was also an icon for a late-era worker, but it is not in the video either... Come on, Firaxis, those would be cool... :(

edit: im a failure at analyzing.. if you want to see what this said, look below

|
|
|
\ /
\ /
\ /
\/
DoWn HeRe

There is a Wonder in the Tourism screen that appears to be Rock n' Roll or something of the sort. Or maybe it is Broadway. It unlocks with Radio and has 3 Great Work of Music slots. Filled, the tooltip in the video reads "Showplace for Information Era Portuguese Music."

Could it be, era-specific icons?
Yes, it appears so. There are also two different icons for the Cargo Ship.

...they look like stalactites/stalagmites (I can't remember which is which).
The way to remember is this: C is for Ceiling. G is for Ground.

The 8th Wonder (if the 7th is ISS) appears to be Rock n' Roll or something of the sort. Or maybe it is Broadway. It unlocks with Radio and has 3 Great Work of Music slots. Filled, the tooltip in the video reads "Showplace for Information Era Portuguese Music."

Yes, it appears so. There are two different icons for the Cargo Ship.

It looks like Broadway to me. Also, where can I find Gustav Holst and Machaut in the video?

Portugal had 124 happiness...seems excessive.

That would be that whole Luxury resource copying thing at work. Throw a few of those UB's around and ally with those CS's and trade the copied resource as well as keeping one for yourself would mean they probably have pretty much every Luxury resource. Given their trade stuff allowing them to buy stuff as well and I expect them to be very happy little campers.

Portugal had 124 happiness...seems excessive.

They have access to city-states, plus commerce tree, plus we don't know the difficulty level. Probably that's not as bad as it looks.

I found a still for the yield of Trading Posts.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).jpg
    Screenshot (9).jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 375
Top Bottom