New Screenshots

Yay! Thanks for posting these. :)

I feel a little dumb though that I just posted my analysis of the older screenshots a minute ago. XD

Wow. Thanks a lot for sharing those friend.

I want to play this game, definitely.

It looks like Alien Ruins are just like Ancient Ruins and there seems to be an improvement that can create cultural boundaries away from your "city".

It looks like Alien Ruins are just like Ancient Ruins and there seems to be an improvement that can create cultural boundaries away from your "city".
I think it's a city, see this concept art from a preview article:

Spoiler :

That's probably how a city looks like after being founded, assuming the crawler-like vehicle is indeed a "settler". They are hiding the UI, I guess, because it's unfinished (if you look at the 2nd screenshot, you can see hints of the UI and it looks like basic outlines).

I think it's a city, see this concept art from a preview article:

Spoiler :

That's probably how a city looks like after being founded, assuming the crawler-like vehicle is indeed a "settler". They are hiding the UI, I guess, because it's unfinished (if you look at the 2nd screenshot, you can see hints of the UI and it looks like basic outlines).

If that is the case, then it would seem that a new city only starts with one or no adjacent tiles.

It's not true though. All the civs in this game are fictional conglomerates.

I expect that's the outpost described in the Jeuxvideo article.

The idea of the outpost is something very important as it costs resources and produces virtually nothing, unlike a city, it actually operates the tile on which it is located, and its growth is far from instantaneous, it takes many turns before it became a city. "You have to plan things carefully, be strategic and be on guard," says Will Miller, adding that "the mechanical expansion is substantially different from that of Civilization 5."

Where did you find this information, especially the part about Indonesia?

He's speculating based on the colored borders seen in the screenshot. I don't think it means that China and France will be in the game at all, but I presume that's where he's coming from.

He's speculating based on the colored borders seen in the screenshot. I don't think it means that China and France will be in the game at all, but I presume that's where he's coming from.

There are some elements here that are clearly holdovers from Civ V: the crabs, marble, uranium, ancient ruins, and the modern caravan unit. I wouldn't assign too much importance to the colors of the borders in these shots since they clearly have placeholder assets in them.

Top Bottom