Throne room

Tonni

Chieftain
That was one of the funniest things in Civ3, where is that now??*:cry:

Tonni said:
That was one of the funniest things in Civ3, where is that now??*:cry:

actually the Throne room was not in Civ3...

It was in Civ3. Well, yes, it was a palace instead of a throne room, but it served the same purpose as the throne room of Civ2, and people kept calling it by both names.

To the OP's question: The throne room is not in Civ4, although there are hints that it may have been planned to include it (like certain concept art). It may come later, but currently it's not in.

People called it Palace as it was a Palace. In Civ2 people called it Throne room as it was ... a throne room.

those where the days when u had to change discs before u where able to change that damn room...gotta love the Amiga :)

yeah....me to!!:aargh: :D or the palace :D
ah...who cares....i want both!! :D

I think people called it both for the same reason people call hammers shields. You get something in your head and dang if it ain't hard to get out. Just like when they rename a road or a building, everyone still calls it by its old name.

I'm not too bothered that the Throne Room/Palace feature is no longer in the game; I used to disable it anyway when I played the older games.

I personally see it as a waste of time...

I feel the same as you ajcardall. Even though it was a nice "feature" it really isnt necessary in the game. If it was to be included in an expansion pack, it won't be a bad thing however.

I'd probably still turn it off after a few games however.

Bring it back!! Such a great, unnecessary feature. But it was fun to watch it evolve over time. I actually liked the Throne Room better than the Palace, although if the Palace you build changes the Palace you see in your capital, that would be wicked cool.

Either way, I'd be happy to see this return. The game feels a little empty without it.

After a couple of gamese I had the throne room / palace view deactivated, but every once in a while, when I felt especially "atmosphere-hungry", I switched it on.

Sadly, the throne room / palace view has gone down the same road as so many other niceties (advisors, CREATIVE wonder movies, city view, pop heads...) from former versions: Sacrificed to the god of 3D "eyecandy". It's a sad story, really.

the monument-view of CtP was cool....i would say even cooler than the civ3 palace....

I´d like to have a mix of the throne room and the display of feats in SMAC.

Maybe the throneroom which will get filled with certain things (like gold and jewelry) on the walls certain displays you get for your feats (for example a model ship for being the first to circumnavigate the globe) with an explanation if you hover with the mouse pointer over the displays (what it is and when it was obtained)
und in front of your throne the heads of the leaders which were defeated by your civilization (with name/civ being displayed when you hover with the mouse pointer over a certain head and also the year when you conquered the last city of the civ and maybe also the highest score the defeated civ had before being defeated by you)

Darwin420 said:
Bring it back!! Such a great, unnecessary feature. But it was fun to watch it evolve over time. I actually liked the Throne Room better than the Palace, although if the Palace you build changes the Palace you see in your capital, that would be wicked cool.

Either way, I'd be happy to see this return. The game feels a little empty without it.

I'm pretty sure that in Civ3 your palace changed on the city view screen according to what you built on the palace screen...

Top Bottom